1/6 Hot Toys Luke Skywalker - Dark Empire (Legends)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like the same sculpt to me but different hair, posing and the lighting in his room is not like you're at the dentist. Also eyes positioned differently. And his collar is even more edgy 90s.

Definitely not the same sculpt.

IMG_2545.jpeg
IMG_2314.png

It’s the Mando/bespin sculpt.

And the collar is absolutely edgier than edgy🤣🤣

Yep you're right I see it now. Tough I'm not that worried about the new sculpt, it looks like Mark but the issue is it looks like Mark a couple years before he met the droids. And the monster collar is more accurate to the cover art on the product photos, while on Howards model it's more accurate to the even bigger ridiculous Dracula condor wing level cloak in the actual comics.

I wonder if the hair is removable. I updated my ROTJ with the Mando sculpt and would gladly put the ROTJ on this, as its better than Farm Boy. Needs the Farmboy hair though.

Has anyone shopped the new hair onto the Mando/Bespin sculpt yet? I'm not skilled with such things or I would do it.

Not that I'm really bothered with what he comes with and I can always switch it up. I have six of those Mando/Bespin heads in total.

I went a bit nuts with Luke last year:monkey1

Yep you're right I see it now. Tough I'm not that worried about the new sculpt, it looks like Mark but the issue is it looks like Mark a couple years before he met the droids. And the monster collar is more accurate to the cover art on the product photos, while on Howards model it's more accurate to the even bigger ridiculous Dracula condor wing level cloak in the actual comics.

You’re right that this figure is as if Mark never had that accident, a few years younger and his baby fat still stuck around. It’s without a doubt stylized. And that’s where the figure falls apart FOR ME. And here’s why…in the event anyone gave a crap about my thoughts 😅😅.

Despite many stories and characters that were ‘approved’ by Lucas for the “Expanded Universe”, Lucas never considered the “EU” as canon. So anything outside of his films, I always viewed as ‘official fanfic’, all happening in an alternate timeline.

That feeling carried over to The Clone Wars. Yeah Lucas was deeply involved with many aspects, but when certain events and characters such as Ahsoka, Maul, the camaraderie between the clones and Anakin and Kenobi never referenced in the movies…that feeling of disconnect I felt with the EU was the same here…that of course all changed with the Ahsoka and Kenobi series.

What the shows (well, for better or worse) have done for the SW universe and overall canon was becoming that connective tissue between the movies, clone wars and other ‘expanded’ material. It helped turn every aspect of SW lore between the OT and PT into one cohesive entity. We had our first peek into that bridge when HT released their clone wars Anakin, albeit repurposed EP3 sculpt with shorter hair. But that’s what they were trying to go for, take an animated character and make it ‘real’. And we legit finally got that in Ahsoka. Figure included.

This DE Luke…story happens post ROTJ. It’s supposed to be an older Luke. It’s a ‘legends’ interpretation, but why couldn’t they have treated this Luke the same way they treated the 1st Clone Wars Anakin? Instead they repurposed ANH sculpt, a sculpt that many consider to be garbage tier. It truly is a weird release and decision. And the pictures I posted before:

IMG_2545.jpeg

Like…what’s going on here??

Has anyone shopped the new hair onto the Mando/Bespin sculpt yet? I'm not skilled with such things or I would do it.

Not that I'm really bothered with what he comes with and I can always switch it up. I have six of those Mando/Bespin heads in total.

I went a bit nuts with Luke last year:monkey1

I think you can use ONE more Mando Luke. 7 sounds JUST ABOUT RIGHT. 6…that number feels…weak.

You need one more.

🤣🤣🤣🤪🤪🤪

Seriously what’s your display with these Luke’s? Can ya share any pics?

You’re right that this figure is as if Mark never had that accident, a few years younger and his baby fat still stuck around. It’s without a doubt stylized. And that’s where the figure falls apart FOR ME. And here’s why…in the event anyone gave a crap about my thoughts 😅😅.

Despite many stories and characters that were ‘approved’ by Lucas for the “Expanded Universe”, Lucas never considered the “EU” as canon. So anything outside of his films, I always viewed as ‘official fanfic’, all happening in an alternate timeline.

That feeling carried over to The Clone Wars. Yeah Lucas was deeply involved with many aspects, but when certain events and characters such as Ahsoka, Maul, the camaraderie between the clones and Anakin and Kenobi never referenced in the movies…that feeling of disconnect I felt with the EU was the same here…that of course all changed with the Ahsoka and Kenobi series.

What the shows (well, for better or worse) have done for the SW universe and overall canon was becoming that connective tissue between the movies, clone wars and other ‘expanded’ material. It helped turn every aspect of SW lore between the OT and PT into one cohesive entity. We had our first peek into that bridge when HT released their clone wars Anakin, albeit repurposed EP3 sculpt with shorter hair. But that’s what they were trying to go for, take an animated character and make it ‘real’. And we legit finally got that in Ahsoka. Figure included.

This DE Luke…story happens post ROTJ. It’s supposed to be an older Luke. It’s a ‘legends’ interpretation, but why couldn’t they have treated this Luke the same way they treated the 1st Clone Wars Anakin? Instead they repurposed ANH sculpt, a sculpt that many consider to be garbage tier. It truly is a weird release and decision. And the pictures I posted before:

View attachment 703947

Like…what’s going on here??

I think you can use ONE more Mando Luke. 7 sounds JUST ABOUT RIGHT. 6…that number feels…weak.

You need one more.

🤣🤣🤣🤪🤪🤪

Easy just imagine this as Luke a little younger than 19 and raised by Vader/Anakin in alternate timeline. It’s already EU/Legends so do whatever you feel like. Or change the head if you want.

Easy just imagine this as Luke a little younger than 19 and raised by Vader/Anakin in alternate timeline. It’s already EU/Legends so do whatever you feel like. Or change the head if you want.

I was with you up until the head swap 😅😅. Seriously, I was.

However I try to stay away from repeating my past mistakes I.e buying an expensive figure just to swap out the head lol.

Again the portrait just doesn’t have enough Mark Hamill in it for me to go through with essentially an impulse or blind buy. I do appreciate the suggestion as this figure does appeal to the inner edgy ‘OMG Dark Luke’ side of me 😈😈

You need one more.

🤣🤣🤣🤪🤪🤪

Nah no picks unfortunately I currently have a water demon in my basement/man cave (long strange and scary story - has to do with a lot of weird water issues lately perhaps including the paranormal) so everything's boxed up right now in a upstairs room until I'm sure it's figured out. Get renters insurance people. Seriously.

I can tell ya about it though.

I was never interested in the previous Luke's because I didn't like that sculpt or the gritted teeth one. I suppose it looked "okay" with the wind swept hair and under the Snowspeeder/Endor helmets. with the hood up, in shadow - but still.

I then got the Bespin and Mando Luke's and saw the potential in the others with the new sculpt so I bought them all and then another loose/complete 429 because it was a good price for the Endor look that came with the 517.

SO
Bespin - came with head
Mando - came with head
Mms 517 - bought head from Malaysia on eBay
Mms 429 - bought head from Monkey Depot
Snowspeeder - bought head from Malaysia on eBay
Mms 429 loose - bought head from Monkey Depot

I actually had a bead on a seventh head from TA, I mean it was just sitting there but I passed - someone from here got it (maybe it was you?) it was from the last Bespin breakdown I believe. Anyway, I remember someone on here saying they got it and I was happy for them. I was pretty close to pulling that trigger though:lol

I'm done with past Luke's now and waiting on the eventual Jedi Luke 3.0.(with hopefully better DS2 body/tailoring) ANH 2.0. and hopefully Hoth, Dagobah, battle damaged Bespin and whatever else.

I think I am winding down my collection where it all started with Skywalker way back in 1977. It was my first SW purchase ever and in fact I am to be buried with that well loved beater I wouldn't trade for any or all of the above mentioned figures.

Nah no picks unfortunately I currently have a water demon in my basement/man cave (long strange and scary story - has to do with a lot of weird water issues lately perhaps including the paranormal) so everything's boxed up right now in a upstairs room until I'm sure it's figured out. Get renters insurance people. Seriously.

I can tell ya about it though.

I was never interested in the previous Luke's because I didn't like that sculpt or the gritted teeth one. I suppose it looked "okay" with the wind swept hair and under the Snowspeeder/Endor helmets. with the hood up, in shadow - but still.

I then got the Bespin and Mando Luke's and saw the potential in the others with the new sculpt so I bought them all and then another loose/complete 429 because it was a good price for the Endor look that came with the 517.

SO
Bespin - came with head
Mando - came with head
Mms 517 - bought head from Malaysia on eBay
Mms 429 - bought head from Monkey Depot
Snowspeeder - bought head from Malaysia on eBay
Mms 429 loose - bought head from Monkey Depot

I actually had a bead on a seventh head from TA, I mean it was just sitting there but I passed - someone from here got it (maybe it was you?) it was from the last Bespin breakdown I believe. Anyway, I remember someone on here saying they got it and I was happy for them. I was pretty close to pulling that trigger though:lol

I'm done with past Luke's now and waiting on the eventual Jedi Luke 3.0.(with hopefully better DS2 body/tailoring) ANH 2.0. and hopefully Hoth, Dagobah, battle damaged Bespin and whatever else.

I think I am winding down my collection where it all started with Skywalker way back in 1977. It was my first SW purchase ever and in fact I am to be buried with that well loved beater I wouldn't trade for any or all of the above mentioned figures.

Bro…I believe in the paranormal…I want to learn more about wtf is going on at your place 😳😳

So either you’re trolling and I just revealed something about myself, or you’re telling the truth and I’m curious AF.

And I was just joking about a 7th Luke lol. But hell yeah, love the dedication! I own both 2x Mando and 1x bespin Luke. I probably have a mental block that prevents me from purchasing the same portrait for the 4th time. I’m just waiting on another variation of Luke hopefully with a newer portrait…like say…maybe one from his Episode from BOBF. And I want a new version of ANH Luke. Like ROTJ…TRASH likeness.

But yeah man, congrats on those Luke’s. Shame they’re in storage. Would love to see them someday. Like you I’m a huge fan of that sculpt.

And dude, if you don’t mind, please tell me more about the basement in PMs.

I was with you up until the head swap 😅😅. Seriously, I was.

However I try to stay away from repeating my past mistakes I.e buying an expensive figure just to swap out the head lol.

Again the portrait just doesn’t have enough Mark Hamill in it for me to go through with essentially an impulse or blind buy. I do appreciate the suggestion as this figure does appeal to the inner edgy ‘OMG Dark Luke’ side of me 😈😈
That’s why I need it, edgy Dark Luke phase lol. It’s unique and has some shelf presence and I secretly like the sculpt idk why. Probably because it looks more like Luke’s brother or clone.

Definitely not the same sculpt.

View attachment 703937View attachment 703938

It’s the Mando/bespin sculpt.

And the collar is absolutely edgier than edgy🤣🤣
Looking closer this looks like an older prototype? He just has ANH Vader gloves but the promotional images has more unique style accurate to Dark Empire. So the Bespin/Mando head was used before the new sculpt was ready I’m guessing.

Attachments

• IMG_4790.jpeg
    IMG_4790.jpeg
    507.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4791.png
    IMG_4791.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
That’s why I need it, edgy Dark Luke phase lol. It’s unique and has some shelf presence and I secretly like the sculpt idk why. Probably because it looks more like Luke’s brother or clone.

Brother or clone of Luke huh? Hehe that is one way of looking at it 😆

Looking closer this looks like an older prototype? He just has ANH Vader gloves but the promotional images has more unique style accurate to Dark Empire. So the Bespin/Mando head was used before the new sculpt was ready I’m guessing.

That would make a lot of sense. Probably was waiting for them to complete the hair job prototype during the shooting of that video,

Bro…I believe in the paranormal…I want to learn more about wtf is going on at your place 😳😳

So either you’re trolling and I just revealed something about myself, or you’re telling the truth and I’m curious AF.

And I was just joking about a 7th Luke lol. But hell yeah, love the dedication! I own both 2x Mando and 1x bespin Luke. I probably have a mental block that prevents me from purchasing the same portrait for the 4th time. I’m just waiting on another variation of Luke hopefully with a newer portrait…like say…maybe one from his Episode from BOBF. And I want a new version of ANH Luke. Like ROTJ…TRASH likeness.

But yeah man, congrats on those Luke’s. Shame they’re in storage. Would love to see them someday. Like you I’m a huge fan of that sculpt.

And dude, if you don’t mind, please tell me more about the basement in PMs.

Well, I wish I were messing with you!:lol

I'm going to shorthand this

Main basement and then utility room with all the stuff. All of the below happened in that room which is fairly sized.

Episode 1: Water fridge line gets hairline crack sprays water all over carded Vintage collection and others.

Episode 2: Outside water spigot somehow cracks badly inside the room/house and every time water is turned on outside mysterious water appears in that room destroying more stuff. This one took a second to find we thought it was the water softener because it appeared to be coming from that area.

Episode 3 The BIG one: Me and wife are watching movie upstairs - hear a big boom - like someone hit the house with a large bat. "Did you hear that?" All of the sudden we heard rushing water through our vents. Turns out the main line blew off and gallons of water were pouring into the basement. Ran down there and obviously freaked the **** out because it had to be shut off at the road and we didn't have the means to do that. Luckily - the sump pump was right there and I had just enough hose to dump it into there while it took 15 minutes for the fire department to arrive. We are talking multiple bathtubs of water here dude. Massive pressure. It was pretty intense to say the least. Luckily none of it reached the main basement where all the stuff is.

So naturally after all of that I got a bit of the heebie jeebies and now refer to it as the "Water Demon".

Because it felt spooky man.

Well, I wish I were messing with you!:lol

I'm going to shorthand this

Main basement and then utility room with all the stuff. All of the below happened in that room which is fairly sized.

Episode 1: Water fridge line gets hairline crack sprays water all over carded Vintage collection and others.

Episode 2: Outside water spigot somehow cracks badly inside the room/house and every time water is turned on outside mysterious water appears in that room destroying more stuff. This one took a second to find we thought it was the water softener because it appeared to be coming from that area.

Episode 3 The BIG one: Me and wife are watching movie upstairs - hear a big boom - like someone hit the house with a large bat. "Did you hear that?" All of the sudden we heard rushing water through our vents. Turns out the main line blew off and gallons of water were pouring into the basement. Ran down there and obviously freaked the **** out because it had to be shut off at the road and we didn't have the means to do that. Luckily - the sump pump was right there and I had just enough hose to dump it into there while it took 15 minutes for the fire department to arrive. We are talking multiple bathtubs of water here dude. Massive pressure. It was pretty intense to say the least. Luckily none of it reached the main basement where all the stuff is.

So naturally after all of that I got a bit of the heebie jeebies and now refer to it as the "Water Demon".

Because it felt spooky man.

YIIIIKES…

Hope the damage wasn’t TOO bad.

Not gonna lie, I’d be spooked too 😱😱

How old is the home if you don’t mind me asking?

YIIIIKES…

Hope the damage wasn’t TOO bad.

Not gonna lie, I’d be spooked too 😱😱

How old is the home if you don’t mind me asking?

It was built in 1997. The funny thing is I have lived in places with spooky and janky looking basements and never had these kinds of issues - this is the nicest one I have had visually. Full finished and pretty large. I figured it had to be a pressure issue coming into the house and had a guy come out and look at it but of coarse it was fine that day. I can't imagine the damage if it happened when I wasn't home or even sleeping. On that last one I'd probably have a swimming pool down there.

Again I got lucky because the sump was right there and the hose was just barely long enough to reach it. I was praying the sump wouldn't give out while also cursing a lot. It was a pretty long 15 minutes.

Anyway - back to Luke.

Back