1/6 Hot Toys - MMS681 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Mace Windu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping he’d do a custom sculpt.

May need to buy one but it’s sure going to suck to pour another $300 into this figure between the sculpt and painting.
As much as I love Windu I can't feasibly put 300 dollars towards a HS and paint for it. I'd rather put that towards a new HT. I can accept this Windu as a Windu with a very intense stare, and if a ROTS Windu comes, I'll just have to handle that then.

As much as I love Windu I can't feasibly put 300 dollars towards a HS and paint for it. I'd rather put that towards a new HT. I can accept this Windu as a Windu with a very intense stare, and if a ROTS Windu comes, I'll just have to handle that then.
This is where I'm stuck.

The sculpt, a paint job by a good painter, shipping for all of that, is probably going to run what, another $350-400?

Just waiting out another Mace figure would cost less than that (but close), plus time. It might be better. It might not. Based on Dean Tolliver's track record, his Mace sculpt will be great.

Part of me would rather just buy the sculpt and get it painted and not have to worry about waiting for another version that may or may not be better. As we've seen with Luke and Obi-Wan, later attempts from Hot Toys doesn't always mean better.

This is where I'm stuck.

The sculpt, a paint job by a good painter, shipping for all of that, is probably going to run what, another $350-400?

Just waiting out another Mace figure would cost less than that (but close), plus time. It might be better. It might not. Based on Dean Tolliver's track record, his Mace sculpt will be great.

Part of me would rather just buy the sculpt and get it painted and not have to worry about waiting for another version that may or may not be better. As we've seen with Luke and Obi-Wan, later attempts from Hot Toys doesn't always mean better.
I understand that. I do think however that waiting it out may be the better call here - I believe Mace was just before HT did the "oh **** InArt" push- giving everyone rolling eyeballs, etc.

I get the feeling this is their tactic to ensure they don’t get stuck with a lot of these. Now people will hop on the waitlist out of FOMO and order the second the email hits, lol.

It's the same nonsense as "XY people have this in their cart" or "XY people are watching this right now". It's just a sales practice.

Back