Marvel Studios : X-Men '97 - 2023

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is weird that Morph can become Hulk and have the powers of Hulk. Given that, why doesn't he always make himself Hulk or Gladiator and just be overpowered all the time?
Well he can only approximate their physical power, but I think holding the form for too long is exhausting especially if using powers.

He’s never as strong or durable as the original but the real answer is cause it’d make it too easy.

Well he can only approximate their physical power, but I think holding the form for too long is exhausting especially if using powers.

He’s never as strong or durable as the original but the real answer is cause it’d make it too easy.
They should’ve given a quick explanation from Morph himself like a quick line of dialogue “hey I can only hold this for 20 seconds at 40% of their power”

Wolverine: Let's go get Magneto

Everyone: Your bones are literally metal

Wolverine: I'm gonna kill him

*Later that day*

Wolverine: MY BONES, AHH MY BONES
I was literally thinking why didn’t they send Wolverine with the other team? He’s the most useless against Magneto. Really dumb decision but not out of character for Wolverine.

I was literally thinking why didn’t they send Wolverine with the other team? He’s the most useless against Magneto. Really dumb decision but not out of character for Wolverine.
Well, he wasn’t really useless in that fight though. He went for the kill and he’s the only one willing to do it.

But yeah, he likes to think with his claws first.

Well, he wasn’t really useless in that fight though. He went for the kill and he’s the only one willing to do it.

But yeah, he likes to think with his claws first.
Right, it turned out better than it should have but thinking strategically, like Cyclops should be, Wolverine really shouldn’t be paired off in the Magneto team anytime. Having an entire skeleton coated in a metal Magneto can control is just not a sound plan. But yeah, perhaps Wolverine’s particular set of skills that he’s the best at what he does that isn’t nice is why they included him.

But going back to Morph, if they can use the person they are morphing into’s powers, even temporarily, then maybe they should be trying to undo what Magneto did by morphing into Magneto? Again, Morph’s powers could use more definition. Otherwise if Magneto gets taken out, only a quick response from Rouge might be able to borrow his powers to fix things.

Right, it turned out better than it should have but thinking strategically, like Cyclops should be, Wolverine really shouldn’t be paired off in the Magneto team anytime. Having an entire skeleton coated in a metal Magneto can control is just not a sound plan. But yeah, perhaps Wolverine’s particular set of skills that he’s the best at what he does that isn’t nice is why they included him.

But going back to Morph, if they can use the person they are morphing into’s powers, even temporarily, then maybe they should be trying to undo what Magneto did by morphing into Magneto? Again, Morph’s powers could use more definition. Otherwise if Magneto gets taken out, only a quick response from Rouge might be able to borrow his powers to fix things.
It’s only physical powers/attributes I think. Is Magneto’s power physical or mental? Plus he doesn’t have the mastery over it like Magneto does, even if he could use it there’s no way he’d be able to control it to that extent.

I agree with a lot of Bravo's comments, but ultimately find myself where JYE is. Despite its flaws this is one of the best Marvel cartoons there has been, and wipes the floor with the bulk of contemporary MCU films and TV shows as well. But yes, there are inconsistencies, the comic was better, some actions and reactions don't feel 100% natural.

It is weird that Morph can become Hulk and have the powers of Hulk. Given that, why doesn't he always make himself Hulk or Gladiator and just be overpowered all the time? Going in, based on my limited knowledge of the original show, I also felt he was essentially a good guy version of Mystique. And the muted reaction to realizing Xavier wasn't actually dead was also weird to me.

Agreed! It is the best costume, which is why I'm bummed by the end of the episode. I wondered if doing Wolvie, Storm, and Scott in these costumes (alongside Nightcrawler) that way wasn't a throwback to Pryde of the X-Men. I've always loved that pilot and wished the '90s show had those designs and that level of animation quality.
Their lack of reaction to Xavier did stand out but if I remember correctly they saw him on the satellite TV screen that he was alive so they’re weren’t totally surprised that he was alive.

Still though lol

Their lack of reaction to Xavier did stand out but if I remember correctly they saw him on the satellite TV screen that he was alive so they’re weren’t totally surprised that he was alive.

Still though lol
The X-Men and Magneto wave him off at the end of the original series lol

Finished up my binge of the original Animated Series this morning ... woof, I vaugely remember the animation style taking a turn at the end there but man, what a stinker.

Fired up the first two eps of '97 and holy crap, it blew me away. They totally redeemed that last season of the original series. Now, I'm going to have to binge the rest of the season today. And I had plans, too ...

Finished up my binge of the original Animated Series this morning ... woof, I vaugely remember the animation style taking a turn at the end there but man, what a stinker.

Fired up the first two eps of '97 and holy crap, it blew me away. They totally redeemed that last season of the original series. Now, I'm going to have to binge the rest of the season today. And I had plans, too ...
I have fond memories of the Animated Series from my childhood, but I’m fine with it remaining as memories. It definitely hasn’t aged well.

IMG_3268.jpeg

Back