Star Wars Saga (OT/PT/ST) Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL Disney is not going to forgo it's own canon, they've built their franchise around it, they built a theme park around it. if anything they will double down on it, until Lucas and the OT under their watch are treated as a meaningless foot-note in their story-group narrative.
The Rey centric post-sequels will build off them further. The Favroniverse will all lead to and coraborate it.
And the past reviosonist stories will reinforce it. Further advancing Ben, Anakin and Luke (unsubtly read as straight white males) as the absolute Jedi Failures! A "message" that in case you missed it will be delivered with the subtlety of a cartoon mallet. And retroactively whatever fem-powered priestess sect they are introducing in Acolyte, as the true visionaries, and correct path, to Rey ultimately defeating the Emperor.

8pqe2l.gif

There is no subtlety here, these people never liked the OT, they watched it thinking how can I "fix" it. It is what they are now doing.

Having just watched some YT vids on the Hulk (which I never watched; knew enough that this new crop of writers and their insufferable smugness wasn't going to take coming treatments seriously like IM, TWS, etc. which I find offensive) on the firing of the actress or whatever.

I. JUST. DON'T. GET. IT. Why, why, why, with so many fails and millions at stake, do you perversely refuse to tell a good story FIRST, and STOP with the incessant messaging? The PT may have gotten blasted at the time; but there were real arcs there. A careful depiction of how Palpatine was able to position himself as the ultimate power. Anakin had a real arc as he struggled with his failings, leading to his fall. How Obi-wan ended up in exile. It's mythic.

As far as I can determine, Hollywood started hiring younger writers because they were cheaper; whole teams of them, and nobody writing the checks has the stones to say enough because they're afraid of Twitter. The millions, billions of losses from what could have been is staggering. This new crop of writers, far as I can tell, for the most part are horrible. More interested in agendas and "diversity" than attending creative writing classes, if they ever did. Never asking if their characterizations are consistent (Obi-Wan, Boba Fett); never asking if the character makes sense (Reva); never putting the work in to even move a character from point A to point B without teleporting (or Obi not just walking around a fence); silly action sequences (a lot of the ST)...it's not working. Landfills are overloaded enough without all the plastic pollution from unsold toys.

I. JUST. DON'T. GET. IT. Why, why, why, with so many fails and millions at stake, do you perversely refuse to tell a good story FIRST, and STOP with the incessant messaging?
You give them way more credit than they deserve. Believe me, If they could write great characters and stories, they would. The messaging is all they have and their biggest chance of making an impact is by hi-jacking popular franchises...

Back