• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New feedback thread!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seller: abstractharmony

Neutral for abstractharmony

I bought two figures from the seller, and it took a few weeks to finally ship, after I hassled him (he claimed that he asked a secretary or something to ship them, who screwed up and didn't do it). They arrived fairly dinged up (which he did not note in description), and missing 2 accessories. I accepted that they weren't in perfect condition, but one accessory was absolutely crucial, so I asked that he refund me. He said that he would send replacements.

A few weeks pass, nothing, so I PM him again, and he says that he would send a second batch of replacements. A few more weeks pass. I ask for a refund since I don't believe that he sent them at all (even out of the country, the chances that 2 consecutive packages will go missing are minuscule). He asks for me to wait 7-10 more days, and that after that, he would refund me if I sent one of the figures back (for the other one, the missing accessory wasn't as huge a deal, and was just going to hold on to it).

About 10 days later, I finally got the replacements. Note that I bought these from him in January or early February at the latest, and didn't get the accessories until the beginning of April.

Let me emphasize here that *****he eventually made right by me*****. He was also very friendly in every communication. However, though I can't prove this with absolute certainty, I am fairly sure that he never sent the accessories prior to my last correspondence, and his inadequate description of the items and his dragging of feet generally probably warrants a neutral response in itself, anyway.

I don't like doing this, but it is only fair to my fellow "Freaks" that I leave honest feedback. If you visit his profile, you will see that (at least) two others have had problems with him as well, and he apparently has a neutral here already (when I checked before dealing with him, I didn't read down to notice this on the front page, so I didn't know about it).

I feel that I am honest and fair in all my trades, and think it is fair to expect the same from others. Beware, and be forewarned.

I'll have to piggy back off this and leave Neutral feedback for abstractharmony as well. This was originally going to be a Negative, but we were able to resolve this somewhat. Back in mid-January (Yes, January) I purchased an Exclusive Sideshow Legolas 1/6 figure from him. Considering he was shipping from overseas, I didn't expect to receive the figure for a while at least. Several weeks went by and I hadn't received the figure or any communication from him. After a month had passed I began to PM him to see if the figure even shipped. After several PMs went unanswered I was beginning to worry if I would ever hear from the guy. I checked his status and saw that he was on the forum on a regular basis, which told me he was deliberately ignoring my PMs. He finally answered and said that there was a delay in getting the figure shipped due to an unforeseen family emergency. Giving him the benefit of the doubt I accepted his reasoning. But when the figure finally arrived it was missing every piece that was supposed to be included with the Exclusive. No spare hands, no Elvish cloak, nothing. The figure was very poorly packaged, just thrown into a bubble-lined envelope, which sustained significant damage in transit. I was quite surprised to find that figure was still in one piece. Needless to say I was not very happy about paying $50 for a loose non-exclusive Sideshow Legolas that was missing parts. He told me that he hadn't realized he didn't include the Exclusive parts and would be sending them right away. Giving him the benefit of the doubt once again, I waited patiently for the parts to arrive. Weeks go by. Nothing. More weeks go by. Nothing. Upon reestablishing communication he tells me that the missing Exclusive items were sent, but have apparently disappeared in transit somehow. Having worn my patience down significantly, I contacted him to get a refund. Although I told him a partial refund for the figure I received would be fine, he insisted and agreed to issue me a full refund instead, but he could only give me a partial refund at the moment. I finally did get a partial refund of $35 back on 10 April (keeping in mind that I paid for this figure right around 15 January). However, I still have not received the rest of the money, but I really don't care at this point. Though not at all what I bargained for, I have a figure, and he has my $15. I was able to get a partial refund when all was said and done, but I have to caution others when dealing with this seller. It's only the right thing to do. Proceed with caution.

+1 for samueljd
Thanks for the figure, really great packaging and accommodating seller all around.
Highly recommended!

+1 for Balsquat. Great buyer to deal with, smooth transaction.

+1 for P1X4R, thanks for the largest box I have ever recieved! lol, awesome as usual Ed. El Capitan has a good home I assure you. :rock

Re: Seller: abstractharmony

I'll have to piggy back off this and leave Neutral feedback for abstractharmony as well. This was originally going to be a Negative, but we were able to resolve this somewhat. Back in mid-January (Yes, January) I purchased an Exclusive Sideshow Legolas 1/6 figure from him. Considering he was shipping from overseas, I didn't expect to receive the figure for a while at least. Several weeks went by and I hadn't received the figure or any communication from him. After a month had passed I began to PM him to see if the figure even shipped. After several PMs went unanswered I was beginning to worry if I would ever hear from the guy. I checked his status and saw that he was on the forum on a regular basis, which told me he was deliberately ignoring my PMs. He finally answered and said that there was a delay in getting the figure shipped due to an unforeseen family emergency. Giving him the benefit of the doubt I accepted his reasoning. But when the figure finally arrived it was missing every piece that was supposed to be included with the Exclusive. No spare hands, no Elvish cloak, nothing. The figure was very poorly packaged, just thrown into a bubble-lined envelope, which sustained significant damage in transit. I was quite surprised to find that figure was still in one piece. Needless to say I was not very happy about paying $50 for a loose non-exclusive Sideshow Legolas that was missing parts. He told me that he hadn't realized he didn't include the Exclusive parts and would be sending them right away. Giving him the benefit of the doubt once again, I waited patiently for the parts to arrive. Weeks go by. Nothing. More weeks go by. Nothing. Upon reestablishing communication he tells me that the missing Exclusive items were sent, but have apparently disappeared in transit somehow. Having worn my patience down significantly, I contacted him to get a refund. Although I told him a partial refund for the figure I received would be fine, he insisted and agreed to issue me a full refund instead, but he could only give me a partial refund at the moment. I finally did get a partial refund of $35 back on 10 April (keeping in mind that I paid for this figure right around 15 January). However, I still have not received the rest of the money, but I really don't care at this point. Though not at all what I bargained for, I have a figure, and he has my $15. I was able to get a partial refund when all was said and done, but I have to caution others when dealing with this seller. It's only the right thing to do. Proceed with caution.

I've also have had to deal with this seller. I had bought the Sideshow Jason Pt. 7 from abstractharmony, He said he would mail it out in a couple of days because he was at the hospital with his daughter. I said that was fine and let it go at that. Well a couple of weeks go by and I was curious as to where the figure was so I left abstractharmony a PM. A couple of days later and still no answer I PM him again wait a few more days and still no answer so I sent him an Email. A week passes by still no response. So finally I email him to inform him I was going to leave a complaint with paypal. Still no answer after a few more days go by, finally I had enough and went ahead and filed the complaint with Paypal. The very next day I finally here from him he tells me that he was at the hospital with his daughter the last couple of weeks and that he didn't get time to send the figure and that he would ship it out the next day and I should have it in a week.
I was glad to finally here from him and dropped the complaint with Paypal.
A week later I finally got the figure I had bought.
and I was still good enough to leave him positive feedback even though he never left me any. I'm writing this because I see I'm not the only one who has had trouble with this seller. I just advise in the future to be cautious when dealing with this seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back