NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a-dev, hope you didn't think I was coming down on you, because I think you have a good and realistic understand of NECA.

No not at all. I think Tankman now has made the point that although he is aware and regretful of innaccuracies its beyond his control as they do have a budget to stick to and so cannot in all cases correct these 'mistakes' where it would involve making entirely new parts. There was a time when I wouldn't have understood the reasons behind such things but there you have it from 'our man inside'.

I'm not a predator expert, I'm not even a Terminator expert as I had to ask for clarification on Kyle Reeses outfit in T1, so I can't comment much myself on the accuracy of these Predators beyond such things as wierd proportions, a blatant wrongly shaped mask etc...but I don't see that kind of thing with these figures. I see the P1 Predator in a straight-up standing pose - a plus there straight away - I see properly executed dreadlocks, an area where McFarlane really fell down, and I see all the hardcore fans piling on the praise - all of which is good enough for me. The P2 elder is a great bonus and you're right he may not have happened at all if a good deal of recycling wasn't possible so we probably ought to just be grateful in his particular case.

I am grateful for the T2 line, I hope that hasn't got lost in the midst of me constantly banging on about all the other T2 figures I'd still like to see.

I LOVE 'em and really could care less about the EXTREMELY small inaccuracies.

The only thing I may correct when I get mine is putting a "laser sight" on top of the Elder's plasma caster. But, that will be an easy fix.

Last edited:
Same here, small details can be overlooked when the larger picture looks as nice as these have come out.

I think some of the things people are expecting out of NECA, with the T2 line and the Predator line, are beyond a realistic expectation from them. It seems like people are expecting Hot Toys handling of making figures and striving for every unique detail.

NECA is a low end toy maker that happens to make fairly nice figures for what $15 will get you, but they're still a Toys R Us level quality, they are not geared towards the scrutinizing type of collector base like Hot Toys is, they care to those people as well as the 15 year old kid who can't afford Hot Toys and might want something cooler than you get out of Hasbro or Mattel. This means recycling parts and releasing multiple figures with minor differences to capitalize on the costs of the molds as much as possible and things like that.

I like NECA's products and collect them, but I know there will always be limits to what they can do and offer.

And yet, this "low-end" company invests in giving their amazing sculptors the time and resources to research and sculpt some of the most (if not the most) accurate figures of these highly complex characters and designs (both aliens and preds).

Indeed. I'm just loving NECAs stuff right now. The T-1000 is my most eagerly anticipated item shown so far this year. At least as much as the HT T-800.

A lot of Predator fans don't like the AVP look all that much. Even ADI told me they were unhappy with them. I remember the audience laughed when the Predator took off his mask. I haven't heard anything about doing those Predators. It wouldbe cool to do them anyway. They would make cool toys

i would like a avp celtic predator figure sculped by you.

I have to ask you something. On the final Figure of the P1 Predator, can you open the controlpanel on its left arm (like it was at the McFarlane Scar Predator) ?
What is with accessories like a bloody skull with spine and a djungelbase ?And what's about the City Hunter? I saw some pics on your page with a Sculpt on it.

I'd LOVE to know what's up with this kick ass Alien Queen sculpt on Kyle's page!

queenwindrix002.jpg

I think he did that in his spare time years ago, when Todd wasted his talent on Sports Picks. Imagine that combined with his skill today.

I think he did that in his spare time years ago, when Todd wasted his talent on Sports Picks. Imagine that combined with his skill today.

Well damn. :banghead

But, we can see that we should have total faith in his abilities should NECA let him sculpt a Queen for them.

The only problem with NECA making a Queen (if it happens) and having made the warrior alien is it would really make me want to see Colonial marines from them. Unfortunately there'd just be too many good candidates there that if any were passed over you'd notice badly. You'd have actor license issues and not enough unique parts to go around for those that would need them. The P1 soldiers would face the same problem. I hated that McFarlane stopped at just Hicks and gave him a majorly specific pose.

Even in that raw unfinished form, it still is leagues ahead of Todd's MM6 effort. This one shows real menace.

I hope all these requests don't go unnoticed at NECA. The fact that we want it bad makes it near the top of my Grail list.

A lot of Predator fans don't like the AVP look all that much. Even ADI told me they were unhappy with them. I remember the audience laughed when the Predator took off his mask. I haven't heard anything about doing those Predators. It wouldbe cool to do them anyway. They would make cool toys

I cringed in my seat on how horrible Scar looked. Wolf looked no better. Glad ADI is off the team. They added nothing good.

Except the Celtic Predator. :D

i would like a avp celtic predator figure sculped by you.

The McF CP is perfect. I know Kyle would want to make it accurate...which means it would suck, seeing is how all the AvP preds looked really clunky and large. I like McF's lean CP. Looks awesome.

3 posts I know...but oh well.

Even in that raw unfinished form, it still is leagues ahead of Todd's MM6 effort. This one shows real menace.

I hope all these requests don't go unnoticed at NECA. The fact that we want it bad makes it near the top of my Grail list.

They dont go unnoticed. Over the years on the Spawn Boards, you'd notice NECA getting a LOT of licenses from many films that were heavily requested over the years. NECA, like McF used to be, does listen.

A AVP Elder Predator with better facesculpting than the McFarlane were cool(ore the other cool AVP Preds).

I did like the closed mouth on the McFarlane one - the less obvious way to make it but I thought it looked very well done and fairly menacing like that. No escaping that dinosaur appearance though and even with the stand this thing leaned badly.

In my opinien, the Face of Scare were not so bad, but i love the Armor.
The Elder have a cool Face and Cape .

A Aliens Queen with Base, to make to a diorama with the Power Loader were very cool. I hope for this two figures(Queen and Loader).

I also hoping to Neca makes little dioramasets (like a 7" Figure).

For Example a P1 diorama with Junglebase ,tree and skull.
Ore a P2 trophe wall Set with the famous alienskull.

Back