Hot Toys DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

Maybe this is a sign that they are finally moving away from their standard lines a little bit. I won't be getting this particular figure, but it looks pretty cool and the fact that it's here along with platoon (who saw that coming) maybe it means Hot Toys won't be just doing Batman/Ironman/Terminator/Predator figures. I know they have released some others, but it's cool to see iconic figures coming out from movies made less than a year or two ago. Gives me hope they may vist Road Warrior or Big Trouble in Little China, or The Thing! Maybe they've realized they don't have to focus exclusively on what's hot right at the moment, an icon doesn't have to be from a summer blockbuster.

Re: Hot Toys's DX04 - Enter the Dragon: Bruce Lee 1/6th scale Collectible Figure

I made a video of my thoughts. I think at the end of the day Hot Toys will do there thing with Bruce Lee and then move on.
I don't think Enterbay have too much to worry about
<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/-dHmzz9vXVk&hl=en_GB&fs=1?color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/-dHmzz9vXVk&hl=en_GB&fs=1?color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

Last edited:

I don't really like the sculpts that much. I might just get the figure and swap the sculpt with Enterbays.

The more I see that body, the more ridiculous it looks.

I don't really like the sculpts that much. I might just get the figure and swap the sculpt with Enterbays.

yeah, swap the head with EB's, and while you're at it, swap the body with EB's too and... err... crap, I've jus described an EB fig! :D

We've been discussing it all throughout...

BD head and body = bad

Normal head and all of the other stuff = great

I meant both headsculps.. not only the BD.
The regular headsculp suffer the same "likeness problem" from certain angles.
The stand, accesories, hands and outfits looks better than Enterbay version, not doubt about this.

Edit: Besides..the SPECS says 30cm.. I think Bruce lee should stand 29cm

Is 4-5 months enough for them to improve their figure? now I am confused on whether to get this or Enterbays HD1002....

The more I see that body, the more ridiculous it looks.

yeah, swap the head with EB's, and while you're at it, swap the body with EB's too and... err... crap, I've jus described an EB fig! :D

Looking at the body again, I agree; it doesn't look like Bruce. I think EB body is just about perfect. I don't understand why HT felt the need to make a Bruce Lee figure when there are already a great deal of better looking figures out there. They should have focused on a different character.

I don't understand why HT felt the need to make a Bruce Lee figure when there are already a great deal of better looking figures out there. They should have focused on a different character.

Dude its called competition ..hot toys decided to see if they can outdo enterbays main specialty ..so far it looks like they have not ..but lets see how it turns out.

so.....

what's the price tag on this figure release?:monkey3

Maybe this one won't cost $300+. Be nice to have a really nice BL for $200ish for a change. Don't think the HT watchers saw this coming.

Not being an uber BL fan, I think the figure looks good. The only thing I don't like about the HT version vs the Enterbay version(s) is HT stand. It looks nice in pics but plastic / cardboard will not last compared to the wood used by Enterbay (GOD / FOF) which equates to part of Enterbay's higher price.

well, its a good buy for a $200-ish price tag. tempting at least. hmmmm

IF, its $200-ish.

Medicom did a 1/6 Bruce Lee.
Enterbay are still doing 1/6 Bruce Lee.
HotToys are now doing Bruce Lee.
....so.....Sideshow ?.......no ? anyone ? really ?

One more figure that i will not buy it. It doesn´t look like Bruce Lee. Enterbay rules.

How bitterly disappointing. :horror

Doesn't even resemble Bruce Lee; Enterbay sculpt (both face and body) is superior. HT's glorious new body sculpt with all its joint seams looks like Pinocchio. Tie some strings to his hands and feet and you'll know what I mean.

Interestingly, I don't think anyone guessed this would be DX04 -- goes to show how out of touch with the consumers HT is.

And so, HT, bring on DX05.

Great looking figure but it's not for me. My wallet thanks you Hot Toys.

Back