Hot Toys T2 T800 mods..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r5150s

Super Freak
Reaction score
Started this thread so everybody can put pics of how they did their mods..I'll start with mine

I really think that the legs are too long..so I switched the pegs to shorter ones..
one on the right is the original and on the left is from a tru type.

IMG_5288.jpg

here's what it looks like with the switch..tell me what you think..

IMG_5290.jpg

next is mods for the arms so he bend it further..obviously with this mod, you won't want to display him without the jacket :)

IMG_5296.jpg

IMG_5299.jpg

you can see in this pic that it bends better than it was but his wrist won't bend far enough to be able to put the shotgun in his shoulder so i did some trimming on his wrist too..just that part where the hands meet the wrist..

IMG_5300.jpg

here's the result after i shaved the wrist.

IMG_5301.jpg

here's the end result...i took just one pic for now and I'll take more later on...

IMG_5305.jpg

fire away if you have any questions :):)

Even having 3 of this guy and getting a 4th with my 2 T1 T-800s I'm not sure I could bring myself to carve his arms and do irreversible 'damage' but that may change. Good idea to keep in mind if I really want the gun resting on shoulder pose.

I admire your bravery! Great mods. I may actually try changing the footpegs, so obvious yet i've never thought of it!

For the leg 'shortening', as I too think they 'look' too long, I added the wrap-around thigh pieces that come with the advanced true types. It has the effect of both beefing up his thighs a bit and 'shortening' the legs without actually making him shorter in height. How? Well because of the extra muscle on the leg you can't pull his trousers up as far and as a result his crotch is lowered, legs thus look shorter.

The other mod I did was shortening the endoskeleton arm to be more realistic. If you have the endo-arm look going put both arms down by his sides and you'll notice that the endo-arm is a good fist too long compared to the human arm. I wasn't best happy with that so I went to work on it (knowing I had spares).

I'll try to dig up my pics of these changes.

Beefed up legs mod:

zzIMG_2048Small.jpg

zzIMG_2057Small.jpg

zzIMG_2064Small.jpg

zzIMG_2072Small.jpg

zzIMG_2071Small.jpg

zzIMG_2076Small.jpg

zzIMG_2080Small.jpg

zzIMG_2088Small.jpg

These are old pics before I did the endo-arm mod. I also was since able to pull the pants up a little higher, I think in at least one of these shots the low crotch makes his body look too long, where I don't think I have that problem now.

up until this, i thought it was great. i'm definitely copying that other arm mod for the gun pose...but the endo arm just looks awkward. sorry, but it almost looks like a mechanical deformation. everything else looks awesome tho! :lecture:clap

That last photo isn't the best is it. I think I got some wierd perspective in that photo that makes it look too short now but thats not the case in person.

What you lose by doing what I did is some of the accuracy of the endo-arm and also some paint scratched off, some cuts that aren't as clean as I'd like etc

I still like it, I found pics of it before I did it and I think the original endo-arm length looks freakishly long.

Love your endoarm mod, A-Dev.
I had the same idead when I modeled my endoarm in solidworks.
Always thought the arms were way too long, so I modeled mine after my own arm.
Would like to know what you think of my project.
Your mod looks absolutly great, way more realistic.
Imagine little real gloves put over the hand and then really making a Cyberdyne T-800...

Love your endoarm mod, A-Dev.
I had the same idead when I modeled my endoarm in solidworks.
Always thought the arms were way too long, so I modeled mine after my own arm.
Would like to know what you think of my project.
Your mod looks absolutly great, way more realistic.
Imagine little real gloves put over the hand and then really making a Cyberdyne T-800...

Thanks Endo, well yes its a fact that the HT endo forearm is just too long on the MMS117. All you have to do is put both arms down by his sides to see this, its a pity they scaled it to be consistent with their previous Endoskeleton figure rather than coming up with a new scale thats more accurate considering what would be more realistic for fitting inside a HT 'human' figure. The old endoskeleton is actually just too big overall.

For Cyberdyne T-800 I haven't bothered to incorporate an endoskeletal arm - afterall they didn't in the film. There are some shots where you can see his full human wrist when in actuality it should have been an endoskeleton arm. If Cameron wasn't bothered I won't be either, so I've just borrowed gloved hands from my Batman (Original suit) figure.

By the way what is this project of yours you speak of? Solidworks? Do tell...and show if possible. :)

Thanks Endo, well yes its a fact that the HT endo forearm is just too long on the MMS117. All you have to do is put both arms down by his sides to see this, its a pity they scaled it to be consistent with their previous Endoskeleton figure rather than coming up with a new scale thats more accurate considering what would be more realistic for fitting inside a HT 'human' figure. The old endoskeleton is actually just too big overall.

For Cyberdyne T-800 I haven't bothered to incorporate an endoskeletal arm - afterall they didn't in the film. There are some shots where you can see his full human wrist when in actuality it should have been an endoskeleton arm. If Cameron wasn't bothered I won't be either, so I've just borrowed gloved hands from my Batman (Original suit) figure.

By the way what is this project of yours you speak of? Solidworks? Do tell...and show if possible. :)

Solidworks is a parametric 3D technical draughting program and I´m constructing a fully functinonal T-800 forearm.
I only made about 10% changes I would say to make it realistically work.
Here´s the thread, buddy:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87334

Back