Statue Boromir Maquette...Links to buy and waitlist in 1st post !!.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So for those of you who got the regulars did you ask Sideshow why you got the arm with sword being held up instead of down? Will sideshow send you the arm with sword down? If they will send you one, that means that will be no difference buying regular or ex :)

anyone received one that's NOT broken or cracked so far?

From what I read in this thread so far everybody has broken/cracked strap, and it's the same strap that is broken/cracked for everyone :slap

So most likely yours will be no different than anybody else. I know it's unfortunate but you can only hope yours have a small crack (like mine) instead of broken strap :monkey2

Good luck, however other than this issue this statue is AMAZING.

jukxhcar.jpg

i hate to say it Boromir but if that were mine i'd just paint it. with all the faults that people have posted about, broken arm straps, only getting 1 sword. imo i'd keep the one you have :) get some grey acrylic and cover it up.

Great! Gives me hope that mine will arrive fixable.

Those guards look good too - What are they? I am new to the LOTR collectibles...

Great! Gives me hope that mine will arrive fixable.

Those guards look good too - What are they? I am new to the LOTR collectibles...

It is a Statue Kit made by artist Hausator from Germany

The strap should have been sculpted shorter and/or closer to the body, or the forearm should have been a separate piece so that only that one section would need a replacement.

:sick

The forearm could'nt be a seperate piece cause the flag is too eavy to be hold by a magnet forearm. But i agree that the strap could have been shorter or maybe its only a bad design of the foam box, less tight near the arm section would have been better.

This statue will create a lot of work at sideshow support center. :slap

also, look at the eyes... :mad: :mad::gah::gah:

Boromir is my worst statue from sideshow yet. The design is great, but to many flaws with that one. Even my Arwen eyes are better done.
I own lots of Lotr PF and maquettes and this one is terrible.

fyi, Im not complaining about the overall maquette, its better than Gimli.

Well, I just received mine and i'm a little bit disapointed ...

As everyone here, i got one little strap which has some cracks and the worst problem is that there's missing a part of hair on my boromir head.

In overall, this statue looks great. Unfortunately, there are too many problems to make it look fantastic ! For exemple, I'm not really fond of the head paintjob which is, imo, too simple.

boromir4.jpg

boromir3.jpg

boromir2.jpg

boromir1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks damn good to me. The only issue I've seen is the straps on the left arm otherwise this one looks perfect.

Nevertheless the best statue in the line so far. Followed by Gimli and the rest just looks average compared to those two. If I had to chose a 3rd place I'd pick Legolas.

Well, I just received mine and i'm a little bit disapointed ...

As everyone here, i got one little strap which has some cracks and the worst problem is that there's missing a part of hair on my boromir head.

In overall, this statue looks great. Unfortunately, there are too many problems to make it look fantastic ! For exemple, I'm not really fond of the head paintjob which is, imo, too simple.

I dont see any problem with your head. Mine is just like yourse and perfect. Can you target on pic where you see a flaw?

The right eye is looking to the right and the left eye is looking straight ahead :slap

Back