1/6 Batman 1989: Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

well once people saw the shield armor a lot of people instantly ordered....had a lot of us known it was going to be a flower plastic piece a lot of us wouldn't have ordered this for $630

Re: Hot Toys Batman 1989: 1/6th scale Batmobile Collectible Vehicle - Specs & Pics

From the video the shield looks pretty durable when the guy flips the car over...I guess we'll see soon enough.

well once people saw the shield armor a lot of people instantly ordered....had a lot of us known it was going to be a flower plastic piece a lot of us wouldn't have ordered this for $630

I don't know, I feel better about leaving it in the box now. The unarmored Furstmobile is too elegant to allow it to be concealed for one minute. The only way I'd display it would be next to the main event but available space kind of rules that out.

Ok, next step: Hulk and Batmobile in same pic!!!! :horror:horror:horror

From the video the shield looks pretty durable when the guy flips the car over...I guess we'll see soon enough.

thought of that, too.

Speaking of the video, I saved it. I thought it was easier to follow than the actual instruction sheet :lol

Why does everyone want a heavier shield? Wouldn't that increase the risk of scratching the vehicle when applied? :dunno

It wouldn't scratch the car if it was flocked/ had soft felt inside like the Toynami Batmobile shield. That's about the only feature of that version that has the Hot Toy's beat. But again, the Toynami shield was sold separately and is currently going for a few hundred bucks. I think it was $100 retail.

More pics to endulge in guys...and some of the cockpit.

ehuja2eh.jpg

4ybe3uqy.jpg

9era6a7a.jpg

Battery compartment for the booster lights

esevupy7.jpg

Thanks for those more photos, Roberto.

That dashboard/panel would surely restore faith in Hot Toys. Glad they didn't turn out looking cheap and haphazardly done.

EDIT: Wait, man ... are these your own photos?

Thanks for those more photos, Roberto.

That dashboard/panel would surely restore faith in Hot Toys. Glad they didn't turn out looking cheap and haphazardly done.

EDIT: Wait, man ... are these your own photos?

I wish bro! Mine isnt due to ship until the 16th (which is less than a week away!) :gah: these pics i've shared with you are from figuremaniac.com :hi5:

I only collect statues so I don't know the first thing about Hot Toys. Do these come with an edition size? Do they normally sell out quickly?

I only collect statues so I don't know the first thing about Hot Toys. Do these come with an edition size? Do they normally sell out quickly?

I dont believe the Hot Toys figures come with any sort of edition size but like most things, they never last forever so depending on their popularity, certain pieces sell out faster than others!

Its just the prices that go up - quickly.
Just looked at final prices on this Batmobile, and its looking good, but the Tumbler is selling at higher prices (near double the original price from a few months ago).

Thanks for the help guys, this looks amazing so I guess I'll be placing my order now

I wish bro! Mine isnt due to ship until the 16th (which is less than a week away!) :gah: these pics i've shared with you are from figuremaniac.com :hi5:

Thanks for sharing just the same, man! Looking forward to your own phots, as you'd be getting yours earlier than I would! :hi5:

HT does not disclose the edition sizes anymore, and some figures sell out rather quickly than others, some even sell out while still on PO status. If you fancy this 1/6 vehicle I would advise that you order now, as this is one of those that would be gone soon :)

Thanks for sharing just the same, man! Looking forward to your own phots, as you'd be getting yours earlier than I would! :hi5:

Your welcome pal, i am excited as every other guy who's ordered one so the more pics the better i say! When mine arrives i'll try to get some cool shots, however, i've still got a long way to go in completing my batcave diorama for the batmobile (similiar to my DX09 diorama) so the pics will be a bit bare to start with :(

Here are some comparison pics with the Tumbler...

usu2ybug.jpg

Who said the Batmobile was a POS compared to the Tumbler again?

This thing is just fantastic. I can't believe that interior and the afterburner.

SORT OF WANT TO ORDER A SECOND.

When you first think of how huge we thought the Tumbler was when the first inhand pics arrived and then you compare that to the 89 Batmobile, then it certainly rings home as to how MAHOOSIVE this car is going to be! :exactly:

Back