Heroes figure from Mezco Toyz!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While these aren't terrible (considering the scale and price) they don't look as nice as Mezco's previous work on the movie Hellboy series. These look much more mass market, or like something from DST.

I wonder when the Previews Exclusive will be solicited.....I wonder if they'll save it for SDCC....

I'll pick up a Claire figure...that's about it. They had a Hiro "grimacing" face and it looked like he was grunting out a giant turd.

:chew

I must say that the new pics make these look better. But for "superhero" figures these are extremely boring.

Well the designs themselves are fairly plain, for me that is one of the appeals of the show, power in plain sight kind of thing. Its because of this fact that sculpt becomes so vital because the costuming is so run of the mill.

Mohinder, Peter, and Hiro look good, but not perfect. Sylar and Claire look terrible. I might have been interested in this line if the sculpts were better, but I think I'll just wait for 1:6 versions of these characters form either Sideshow, Hot Toys, or Medicom.

If either of the big 3 got the Heroes license I would buy multiples of the figures to display in various stages of the series without hesitation.

Not digging these, but there does seem to be a strong market for these kind of figures (or at least companies seem more willing to make them). But these will be a pass for me.

I picked up the issue of TOYFARE this evening at my local comic shop and read the article. It's pretty clear that the guy at Mezco in charge of this line is not a very enthusiastic fan of the show. His answers all just seemed kind of "meh".

The article did note that all of the pics are protos and pending licensor approval, but here's the kicker: Nobody within the "Heroes" production has had anything to do with this line, nor has Mezco had any contact with them at all. Not Kring, not the writers, not even any of the actors. Everything has been done between Mezco and Universal. I don't have a very good feeling about this line at all after seeing these pics and reading the Toyfare article. :(

Let's hope a toy company that cares picks up the license for 1:6 figures. I'm not holding my breath, though, especially if everything is based on the success of the 7" Mezco line. :monkey2

These toys SUCK. If you look in the Toy Fare, there's a figure of Hiro taking a massive dump.

Yeah, that variant Hiro head is a real howler.

Okay, I haven't seen the pic, but Hiro's signature expression when using his power could be misconstrued as "taking a massive dump." Sounds like they got the expression right if that's what it looks like.

Agreed, haven't seen the pic either but looking at the show he looks as if he just ate a gallon of Peanut Butter and is passing the "time" every time he teleports.

I'm not sure what everyone else is seeing, but i think (especially for the scale) that these are pretty damn good. From what i can tell any faults are as a result of the usual small scale paint apps. The sculpts seem pretty good!

If I collected small figures anymore (and wasnt saving for a wedding) I'd get these

(oh.... and this is officially my first post since I finished the commission that's been keeping me too busy to do anything else for a while..)

I'M BAAACK :chew

Back