THING PF ARRIVING IN 5-7 DAYS for USA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am actually thinking about returning the Thing, I am not impressed. And I was looking forward to this :

You can see they didnt even paint the creases black, but really they didn't paint them at all.
Front:
ImportedPhotos00196.jpg

Back:
ImportedPhotos00206.jpg

Here you can see the color of the ABS plastic or Polystone (whatever they used):
Colorofplastic.jpg

Again:
colorofplastic2.jpg

Again:
colorofplastic3.jpg

Chip on his Brow on his face:
browchip.jpg

closer shot:
browchip2.jpg

Stain on Things Crotch area of his pants:
thingsowndressing.jpg

Sideshow site states that they will pay for shipping to them whether you wish to exchange or return it as long as it has defects from the factory.....so I will prob return it in that case. I want my $325 back :'(. The piece isn't too impressive as I thought it was going to be regardless of defects.

I would return it as well. Bad luck man but at least all will be taken care of for you.

I don't like it much by the look of the pictures either.

Yeah, looks like a cheap knock off or something.

:monkey2:monkey2
So you are not going to try for a replacement on this piece? I was on the fence about this PF before your pictures, now I am even more hesitant. I think I expected it to be a little different. I also expected the black lines to be there.

Needs some serious painting. Are these pics taken with or without the flash? He just looks unfinished. I guess the customizers are going to need to do some work on this one.

This just can't be.

Those crevices are going to be a +++++ to dust :monkey4

I gotta say that this isn't very overwhelmingly cool. It looks OK, but that's about it.

I wish the base looked more like the Hulk's base. It's been bugging me since the first pictures. It would make them fit together a little better.

Could you post some comparison pics up of the Hulk next to the Thing?

:monkey2:monkey2
So you are not going to try for a replacement on this piece? I was on the fence about this PF before your pictures, now I am even more hesitant. I think I expected it to be a little different. I also expected the black lines to be there.

Yeah I am going to return it. Because aside from the problems it has. It doesn't have a strong presence in a room like the Hulk nor does it look impressive at all. I personally don't believe the proper paint job could do it either. So I am going to get my money back. It just doesn't look and or feel like it was worth the $325, very disappointed.

You guys may have an idea of how excited I was for this piece, but woah not anymore, just not what I thought it was going to be.

For $350 there shouldn't be any fix but I'll reserve my judgment until I see more pics. With the exclusive I have at least a couple of weeks.

Yeah I am going to return it. Because aside from the problems it has. It doesn't have a strong presence in a room like the Hulk nor does it look impressive at all. I personally don't believe the proper paint job could do it either. So I am going to get my money back. It just doesn't look and or feel like it was worth the $325, very disappointed.

You guys may have an idea of how excited I was for this piece, but woah not anymore, just not what I thought it was going to be.
I have felt this way before. I ended up returning the item and felt much better for it. I know what you mean about the Hulk controlling a room with it's presence. It's sad that the Thing didn't do a thing for you.

I have felt this way before. I ended up returning the item and felt much better for it. I know what you mean about the Hulk controlling a room with it's presence. It's sad that the Thing didn't do a thing for you.

Yeah, but I am sure it will make some other person very happy.....

SORRY THING :'( WE WEREN'T MEANT TO BE:

thingcry.jpg

Ohoh! That doesn't look to good. I need to see more pictures, but if that's how The Thing will look when it arrives here, he's going back. I want him to look as close to the pictures on the SSC web site as possible. Hopefully it's just a matter of lighting!!!

I was really looking forward to pictures of the THING even though I had to cancel. I'm a bit gutted now that I've seen them... well gutted and happy I canceled.

When you compare it to the original Sideshow pictures it doesn't look anywhere as good. Those blacked-in cracks really worked. I'm not sure why they didn't do that on the final product. Bad move.

Also, the base doesn't look like a match for the HULK base. I always thought they looked different but hoped they would make they match for the final product.

Fingers crossed others will come out better!

PsychoCenobite :monkey5

Ohoh! That doesn't look to good. I need to see more pictures, but if that's how The Thing will look when it arrives here, he's going back. I want him to look as close to the pictures on the SSC web site as possible. Hopefully it's just a matter of lighting!!!

It unfortunately doesn't look like it. The dark in between the cracks really makes this piece 'pop'. Without it, it seems rather bland and boring.

I like the exclusive a lot more than the regular, but I'm seriously considering canceling.

Back