Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: NECA Alien Warrior pics

Quote Originally Posted by MaulFan View Post
    I guess I'll try a little more pressure, the head on mine's almost stuck not being able to be fully upright.

I love the look of NECA figures, but I have had such a ^^^^ty experience with these Alien pieces, 3 Alien warriors to get one where the joints were so stuck they broke instantly, now possibly a screwed up Aliens figure. I had 2 Wolfs a Predalien and an Alien Warrior from AVPR before these with no issue. I've never had these issues with NECA until these two Alien figures.
    whenever i get any neca figure, i immediately stick it in boiling water and take it apart joint by joint and reassemble it.
    it's the only way to be 100% sure they will not stick.

incidentally, my alien figure broke anyway.

King of the Monsters MODERATOR
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Follow MaulFan on Flickr Visit MaulFan's Instagram Channel
    It just blows my mind, I've got probably a dozen NECA figures and these 2 are the only ones to give me trouble.

Freaked Out!

Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by MaulFan View Post
    I guess I'll try a little more pressure, the head on mine's almost stuck not being able to be fully upright.

I love the look of NECA figures, but I have had such a ^^^^ty experience with these Alien pieces, 3 Alien warriors to get one where the joints were so stuck they broke instantly, now possibly a screwed up Aliens figure. I had 2 Wolfs a Predalien and an Alien Warrior from AVPR before these with no issue. I've never had these issues with NECA until these two Alien figures.
    I hate to hear this stuff and we have found out wanting the Alien and Aliens figures to look more slimy isn't worth it because the paint gloss is acting like glue. The AVPR Alien has sprayed on gloss but doesn't look as glossy as the other Aliens. As the sculptor of this figure I'm sorry to hear about the the problem you've had and we work hard to try and make sure crap like this doesn't happen.

King of the Monsters MODERATOR
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Follow MaulFan on Flickr Visit MaulFan's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by tankman View Post
    I hate to hear this stuff and we have found out wanting the Alien and Aliens figures to look more slimy isn't worth it because the paint gloss is acting like glue. The AVPR Alien has sprayed on gloss but doesn't look as glossy as the other Aliens. As the sculptor of this figure I'm sorry to hear about the the problem you've had and we work hard to try and make sure crap like this doesn't happen.
    Well, if it's any consolation, my frustration is more that I've always enjoyed NECA's stuff and I was a bit stunned to see the issues with the Alien figures. Thanks for sharing that the "slime" effect is the source of the sticking joint issues, clears up that NECA's quality is still there and just a particular method on these figures is a slight bump in the road.

in my case it was mostly the joints being literally painted over. so i just heated them up and peeled them apart.
    it's an issue i first encountered with mcfarlane stuff. and neca stuff is basically the same manufacturing-wise. same problem, same solution.

Does anyone think we'll see colonial marines in this line, particularly with the upcoming game?

I was going to pass on this, as I was a little disappointed by the NECA Alien (well, as disappointed as you can be when it's such a bargain), but zerogouki's shots there are so good I might not be able to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by tankman View Post
    Tankman, first of all, I must be critical on your figure. Let me say your figure is the Best respresentation of the aliens warrior...better than Hot toys. I am sure that your prototype is better. I am a HUGE fan of Camerons warrior aliens and have studied it in minute detail. Your figure is virtually identical (with the exception of paint and somewhat the boday, but I am sure its a cost issue for NECA more than asthetics).
    Someone recommeded that I use a highend nailpolish and placed 1-2 coats on the dome head. I did it and it looks great...it give it a glossy slimy look. Tankman, do you know if nailpolish can be detrimiental to the life of the figure? I only display it and rarely touch it. Whats your take? Do you recommend any paint gloss products if not nailpolish.

Also, you had mentioned that you would post photos of your prototype Aliens Warrior. You mentioned soon but have yet to see it. Can you kindly provide us fans with a timeframe of when you will do so?

Thanks mate!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)

These figures are amazing!! zerogouki - what type of camera do you use for you shots?

Bri

Quote Originally Posted by BuGz View Post
    Brilliant pictures guys!!

These figures are amazing!! zerogouki - what type of camera do you use for you shots?

Bri
    Nothing special, just a Kodak Easyshare V1003 Point and Shoot...it's all about the lighting, man!!