Mad Scientist's Laboratory diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiskatonicNick

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Been piecing this together over a number of months now - the latest permanent set in my Toy Den; a Mad Scientist's Lab...

s_The%20Laboratory%2001.jpg

The tables are all handmade from balsa, the cabinets are little key cabinets from a local hobby department, the floor is, well, floor tiles and the walls are blue styrofoam (dremelled and then sprayed with a grey acrylic car primer which just melts the surface enough for a fairly authentic stone finish). The set decor is from all over the place!

s_The%20Laboratory%2002.jpg

s_The%20Laboratory%2003.jpg

s_The%20Laboratory%2004.jpg

s_The%20Laboratory%2004b.jpg

And who would work in a lab like this?

s_The%20Laboratory%2005.jpg

The Contessa, one of the A___on Drake Brides of Dracula, who has a wonderful Hammer House of Horror/Ingrid Pitt vibe about her...

s_The%20Laboratory%2006.jpg

... and with a spot of OTT lighting...

s_The%20Laboratory%2007.jpg

& her hunchback lab assistant, Marek;

s_The%20Laboratory%2008.jpg

Still more to be done though - another half of that shelf;

s_all%20the%20lab1.jpg

Fortunately any agonised screams etc. are drowned out by the noise from the Clearance Bin Bar above

s_all%20the%20lab2.jpg

What was that popping sound? Oh right, it was my mind being blown :rock

Awesome work; love all the recognizable pieces like the Creature skeleton hand and the miniature Lawgiver statue.

Whoa! That is freakin awesome! I wish I had the skills and patience to.make something like this.

Back