Official 12" Hot Toys Superman returns Image Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkArtist81

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just thought I would start up one for the other half of the World's finest....
Got mine TODAY!!! WOO-HOO! You were not kidding Les, this thing is sweeeet!! He poses fantastically and I love the detail on the costume. Could not be happier at all... just mindblowing...

127395384O974720786.jpg

127395327O203239277.jpg

127395472O953853281.jpg

127395455O412916971.jpg

127395405O188117317.jpg

Great superman pix, Josh....I really like the one of him "flying"...looks pretty good.

Thanks Guys! Yeah, King... I wanted to get a couple of nice flying pics, so I kept playing around with him until I got a few that I liked... I think I did a pretty good job, especially on the 4th pic down... That's my favorite.. :monkey5

The flying pictures are amazing! Does he come with a "flying" stand, or is it just about finding the sweet spot to get him to balance the right way? With nieces and nephews around all the time, sturdy stands are invaluable!

No, no special stand at all... just finding a balance spot. It does hold pretty well though, so if you had them in a cabinet.. it could work. For now, I just have him in the hovering pose from the movie... when he was in space just looking down on everything... :D

Cool, thanks! With little ones around, and probably my own someday soon, I switched from statues to toys, but I still don't want them jumpong to the ground!

Great pics DA. Thanks for those.
Yeah, I am amazed at how much I like this figure!

In the other thread, where you posted Batman also, you mentioned how this one impresses you more. Since I don't yet have my Batman yet, I can't comment on that....but, on this one, I can agree with your take very much.

He is amazing. Just amazing. And so simple.
I think it meets the old saying "The Devil's in the details", because this figure is so subtle and so accurate, that it sort of stuns you at first.
A really top notch figure. A must, and a classic that I am so glad I decided to buy when I could. "To think I hesitated..." :D

I'll have to get some shots too. Soon....

Damn, DA! Sweet pics! Your photography skills continue to improve. And it's good to see different poses.

Thanks guys!! I really wanted to do a variety of poses that would show the awesomeness of the figure. He is as Les pointed out, magnificent to behold. The pics on the box and even the pics here do not do him justice at all, the moment your eyes hit those iconic reds and blues you cannot shake away your gaze. I seriously think he is my new TOP favorite figure of all time. Yeah, he's THAT cool.

As for Batman, he's fantastic as well, and as nice a Bats as we could ever see really.. And to answer your question Les, it's just in comparison to Supes, it's not as awesome. The articulation suffers greatly from the suit, as did Jason VII from SSC. And that's my major qualm. The eyes could have been done better, and if I hone my paint skills a little, I might actually remedy this. Other than that, it's amazing work from HT. The costume detail is so intricate it will make your eyes bleed and the belt is so nice I swear it could be taken off and worn!! That cape of his is a work of art and I am soooo glad they made it as huge as they did, really adds to the "theatricality" of Bats that I love so much. Lower him slowly and watch that cape unfurl and tell me that you don't get giddy and I will slap myself...:lol

I could not be happier that I got these and the 300 dollars shipped that I paid for these was not better spent!!

I guess what impresses me the most about this figure is that HT developed and built a special body for him and the outfit is extraordinary, as Les said the simplicity of it done well just blows you away... as your pics Josh clearly demonstrate.

Back