SCAM ALERT!! Melvinpelayo please respond!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mookeylama

Super Freak
Reaction score
a little late to help many, and he probably won't come back here but...

reason i'm posting this here rather than the Trade section is, while some of this guy's scam takes place in the but/sell sections of boards, a large part, and possibly the most costly, takes place in the General Discussion sections.

the guy's handle is Melvinpelayo and watch out for him offering figures for sale in the trade sections BUT here's where he's scamming the big bucks. he's going around in threads about high end customs and he's name dropping. saying he's getting/gotten a much sought after custom and has the contact info for the Asian customizer (who is almost impossible to contact). he also mentions that he bought it at a decent price (compared to what they usually go for). this of course gains the attention of custom collectors who then contact him. he then gives u "their" info and the person goes about contacting the guy to set up a transaction. only the famed "customizer" and Melvin are the same person!
he's already pulled these scams at the Sideshow Freaks board. the majority of people gave him money for figs he was selling as Melvin, but some including myself, gave him money for a custom while he was playing the "customizer" role. so far i've seen him do this "baiting/name dropping" w/ Arnie Kim, KOJUN, and Vancei (guy who did the kickass Anakin custom that was all over the boards awhile back).

Re: SCAM ALERT!!

I was wondering why he obliterates so many threads with a plethora of custom pics, says he is 15 yrs old, just graduated HS...

All he ever talks about are customs, customs, customs and has started threads like "what anakin should look like" posting pictures of that custom Anakin before the SSC Ani was even in collectors hands...

not so sure about this guy, he is new to the board but I have had to slam him in the past for his BS posts.

dammit clang that cowbell louder!

Mookeylama said:
i can't. i've had to sell it to make up for what this !@$#%^* stole from me!

where exactly does the scam come down? I mean I understand the identity game, saying he knows the guy, is the guy but why not tell everyone who he is, charge a fair price and deliver the goods. where is he actually overcharging, is he not delivering these items?

I almost bought a ROTJ Medi-Vader from him... I am grateful now that I didn't.. In my PMs to him he always used the pord "po" alot (po is something you say to someone you have respect for... which I alawys thought was weird because a he didn't know me and b he should've used the word "ho"... Basically saying "po" to me made me feel like he was sucking up)... I am sorry for anyone who was taken in. :emperor :emperor :emperor :emperor :emperor

pjam said:
says he is 15 yrs old, just graduated HS...

I made a point of that in his introduction page. Something didn't seem right so I brought some attention to it. Hopefully everything works out.

Bannister said:
I believe he hasn't delivered anything to anybody.

OMG, flat defrauding our members!

Dave, how can we track this little censored down?!

I hope anybody who used a cc calls their bank immediately and files a fraud complaint, they will credit your account asap...

also don't open any package you may get from him, it might be full of nothing, only open it in front of a postal rep... and bring a digital camera to doc it, he might try to ship some piece of crap and clain it was what you ordered.

I "purchased" a Medicom Rebel Ape from him, about a week before all the red flags from others started going up. The figure was promoted in the Sale/Trade section of SSF. I wish I had known about his pretending to make that Cruise Samurai figure, but I found out about it too late. I'm out $91, but I think some others got hit a lot harder. And since the first red flag he has not responded to anybody but has posted over at OSW, very shady!

wonder if he did it to drum up $$$ to go to SDCC and he's walking around there right now? :monkey1

pixletwin said:
I almost bought a ROTJ Medi-Vader from him... I am grateful now that I didn't.. In my PMs to him he always used the pord "po" alot (po is something you say to someone you have respect for... which I alawys thought was weird because a he didn't know me and b he should've used the word "ho"... Basically saying "po" to me made me feel like he was sucking up)... I am sorry for anyone who was taken in. :emperor :emperor :emperor :emperor :emperor
yeah, I almost bought a 12" Luke and Leatherface. Glad I passed.

pjam, there is a thread in the "For Sale" section, under the curiously ambiguous title "Has Anyone..." They may appreciate our advice over there, with a few people out hundreds of dollars.:monkey2

This guy always seemed off to me, but I figured no big deal until now.

yeah he's not delivering ANYTHING. the figure scam he was running on his own (selling directly down in the Trade section) was normal "u give me money for my fig. i send u squat" type.

the custom scam went like this:

"Hi. i have a custom Anakin from Vancei, a Godfather from KOJUN, and a Miller/Hanks (Saving Private Ryan) from Arnie Kim. Oh you're interested in contacting them to purchases one? well here's their emails! I paid X amount but u can probablly haggle them down"

*us "marks" send the contact emails*

*Mevin gets them and smiles*

"Hi. I'm Vancei/Arnie/ect. sure i can make u an Anakin/Godfather/ect! i'm only making X amount. yours will take about 2-3 weeks to make. send the money XXXX@XXX"

he even gave freakin updates on the progress!!

Seaward said:
pjam, there is a thread in the "For Sale" section, under the curiously ambiguous title "Has Anyone..." They may appreciate our advice over there, with a few people out hundreds of dollars.:monkey2

This guy always seemed off to me, but I figured no big deal until now.

Just posted a "Buyer Beware, Members posting Scam Alert threads about this seller" in melvins for sale thread. Thanks S...

Mookeylama said:
yeah he's not delivering ANYTHING. the figure scam he was running on his own (selling directly down in the Trade section) was normal "u give me money for my fig. i send u squat" type.

the custom scam went like this:

"Hi. i have a custom Anakin from Vancei, a Godfather from KOJUN, and a Miller/Hanks (Saving Private Ryan) from Arnie Kim. Oh you're interested in contacting them to purchases one? well here's their emails! I paid X amount but u can probablly haggle them down"

*us "marks" send the contact emails*

*Mevin gets them and smiles*

"sure i can make u an Anakin/Godfather/ect! i'm olny making X amount. yours will take about 2-3 weeks to make. send the money XXXX@XXX"

he even gave freakin updates on the progress!!

mook, I hope you paid via credit card and file a claim with them ASAP, just call them or your bank and they'll get you to their fraud division...

Sorry to all that lost money to him.

I never liked that guy, or his "tittty sigs".

I hope someone gets him.

BIG THANKS to Mookeylama for posting this thread alert.

Grrr, see, he's a freaken liar. I should have checked all this stuff out, but i thought you were all cool with him.

thanks Wor. i feel really bad for another guy here that was "buying" a custom Ani too. he told me he'd already sent "Vancei" a deposit and was gonna send the balance today. i'm REALLY trying to get ahold of him now. i'll post his name and if anyone knows his email or how to get hold of him (AIM?)

i'll delete his name in a bit since i'm not sure he'd want to be identified w/ this whole cluster ****, but i'm betting the need to contact him SOON will outway that.

Last edited:
Back