TOYGLOBE - WARNING!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordAzrael

Origins Kurgan Crusader
Reaction score
I ordered a Daredevil figure off them 2.5 weeks ago - they charged it straight away but no notice of dispatch and no responding to messages sent through there contact page. They don't list an email address or phone number and I've subsequently discovered pages and pages of customer complaints on various consumer websites.

DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE THIEVES.

I will be cancelling the transaction via the credit card company.

Damn, that really sux Azrael...I hope you get everything straightened out...How do companies like this stay around anyway?

Stick with Adam (Dark Shadow Collectibles) and Bob (Fireside Collectibles), you can trust both those guys...110%

:)

Yeah, I bought some loose Spiderman figs from them. After a wait, I emailed them a few times and received a vague "your order is processing" responce.
After a month or so, part of my order showed up with a notation that the rest was out of stock. I did get a loose ML green goblin long before I saw him in my area, but I'll never deal with them again.

I'm not familiar with this company, but I'll be sure to stay away. Thanks for the heads up!

Similar to our Feedback thread, we should start a thread to warn eachother of companies and ebayers and boardmembers(melvin) and anything else to which we may be scammed..It would be a good place to check out before you online shop. Just someting we can do to help eachother out. Like this here, blursparrow already new that Toyglobe is a little shady and if Azrael had read it, it could have saved him some money and a headache. What do you guys think??

King Darkness said:
Similar to our Feedback thread, we should start a thread to warn eachother of companies and ebayers and boardmembers(melvin) and anything else to which we may be scammed..It would be a good place to check out before you online shop. Just someting we can do to help eachother out. Like this here, blursparrow already new that Toyglobe is a little shady and if Azrael had read it, it could have saved him some money and a headache. What do you guys think??

love the idea, which is why I have started this thread a while back.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9546

you guys can just keep adding the scammers in this thread.

thanks. I'm just trying to look out for myself and everyone else that are getting tired of dealing with scammers. :D

Maybe Dave can move it to the commerce section with the feedback thread, maybe there it will get more views and more posts??

King Darkness said:
Maybe Dave can move it to the commerce section with the feedback thread, maybe there it will get more views and more posts??

i'll pm him about this. yeah, it actually took me a while to figure out where to finally put the darn thread. :lol

Dave...you got a PM.

Bit of an update. After posting the initial warning - I kept reading through the customer complaints and eventually found a couple of email addresses for employees. I emailed them directly that if I didn't receive a response after the first 3 emails by Monday I would cancel direct with the CC company and they could deal with them. I got this email with 12 hours:

Hello. Sorry for the delay. Your package has been shipped. You will receive it within 10 days.

John

SHIP STATUS:pACKAGE BEEN SHIPPED BY USPS

2006-07-25EQ744033298US

I went to the USPS site and plugged in the number. Nothing. Then I tried removing the date from the front of it:

Label/Receipt Number: EQ74 4033 298U S
Detailed Results:

Enroute, July 28, 2006, 3:08 pm, PLATTSBURGH, NY 12901
Acceptance, July 28, 2006, 11:05 am, CHAMPLAIN, NY 12919

Assuming its correct - it shows that it wasn't mailed till AFTER I threatened to cancel it via the CC company (Toyglobe has quite a draconian policy about cancelling of orders - they still charge you the shipping and a 15% restocking fee!). Why they would try lie about the date sent (note the date appended to the tracking number is 3 days earlier than the USPS record) I don't know - if they made an honest mistake - fess up!

The other odd thing is why is a Candian based company shipping out of NY ?

As it is I've caught them in a lie, and my belief was they never intended to actually send it. At least it APPEARS atm that it has been sent and I will receive it. But it cost me about $A130 for a $A40 figure because of their outrageous shipping charges.

I can't emphasise enough how much I will NEVER be dealing with them again.

man that place sucks monkey balls.
I ordered once from them..luckily it was a small item..but it took 4months to get an ''in stock'' item to me..although everything on their site is ''in stock''..my arse it is.
avoid like the plague:emperor

Why is that place even still around? You guys should report them and their scandals. If you don't, they get away with more scams. That just means more $$$ in their bank account.

feedme said:
man that place sucks monkey balls.
I ordered once from them..luckily it was a small item..but it took 4months to get an ''in stock'' item to me..although everything on their site is ''in stock''..my arse it is.
avoid like the plague:emperor

That's like KEBCOToys!! They're another bunch of scammers!! Took me four months to receive an "In Stock" Han Solo Unleashed a few years back. Never ordered from them again...which was good for me because then they started full-on scamming customers after that.

Looks promising. That tracking number is for a non-USA order - its left the USA.

Fingers crossed

Label/Receipt Number: EQ74 4033 298U S
Detailed Results:

International Dispatch, July 29, 2006, 7:24 am, KENNEDY AMC
Enroute, July 29, 2006, 7:11 am, JAMAICA, NY 11499

Odds are getting even better. Now I just hope its not an empty box. They have tried that one before from reading complaints.

Arrived Abroad, July 31, 2006, 9:11 am, AUSTRALIA
Into Foreign Customs, July 31, 2006, 9:11 am, AUSTRALIA
International Dispatch, July 29, 2006, 7:24 am, KENNEDY AMC
Enroute, July 29, 2006, 7:11 am, JAMAICA, NY 11499

Back