Just got Taken on E-Bay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wetanut

Super Freak
Reaction score
Maybe got Taken on E-Bay

This has been edited, pending resolution. In fairness to the seller, will delete his name -- unless he's given me yet another song and dance.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about this Wetanut. This kind of crap really sux and it especially sux that a seller can simply close their account and may escape scott free. Hope something works out to your advantage. I've been very lucky with ebay, but I suppose it is only a matter of time before someone gives me the shaft as well. :monkey2:monkey2

Oh Nutt :( So sorry to hear this, I don't expect that helps any, but I am sorry for you anyway. I hope something can be done to get your money back, though it doesn't sound very promising. :(

The address you give of this seller (removed) made me think to a shop in Netherlands I've already ordered in the past.

The contact they give on their site is (removed) and I verified the seller fayru is not on ebay but was in Netherlands too.

You can try to contact the site and see if they have something to do with this fayru.

(removed)

This could be because on the left side you've got a link: AANBIEDINGEN in wich they talk about ebay but it's all in NL and I didn't understand.
I'm not absolutely sure of this but it would be a big coincidence if they were not connected.
(This is surprising because it's a pretty big online shop )

Last edited:
Well, it would seem that e-bay had temporarily taken him off as an active member because of some administrative things that needs to be sorted out. Got a reply from this seller via PayPal/E-Bay telling me that he's had untold problems with other sellers reacting the same way as I did. It all apparently came to a head when he moved and was unable to sort this stuff out within a certain timeframe. He's assured me that my item has been sent and I should receive next week.

Since I don't sell on E-bay, wasn't aware of some of the admin requirements that sellers have to comply with. I'm inclined to believe this, so in all fairness to him, will edit the first post.

Re: Maybe got Taken on E-Bay

I sent in a "non-receipt" dispute to PayPal...but what they're describing as the action that they would take would seem to be pretty futile. All they'll do is forward my e-mail to the seller. If he wasn't answering my direct communication, why would he respond via PayPal?

Weta,

If you just filed a dispute Paypal will just try to contact the seller to see if the problem can be resolved. You might need to escalate the dispute to a claim. That's when Paypal will investigate the situation and unless the seller can prove that the item was sent and received, you should get a refund.

I'd give the seller a few days to respond to paypal. If that doesn't work then file a claim before your window of opprotunity runs out.

Thanks for your post. Yeah, I fully intend to escalate this to a full-fledged claim if the item isn't in my hands by mid next week (as he promised).

But the actual point is.....if a seller remains a non-member and he takes all his $$ out of his account and leaving a "0" balance...what can E-Bay/PayPal do to FORCE the refund? Not much I'm thinking. And, in these situations, I would think that a negative feedback (even if posting was even possible for a non-member -- which isn't) would mean nothing to a truly unscrupulous seller?

Regardless of how this turns out, it will be a looooong time before I use E-Bay again unless I already know the seller.

I got taken for 65.00, i paid and never received a thing but i just got my money back from paypal.I know how you feel,good luck

But the actual point is.....if a seller remains a non-member and he takes all his $$ out of his account and leaving a "0" balance...what can E-Bay/PayPal do to FORCE the refund? Not much I'm thinking. And, in these situations, I would think that a negative feedback (even if posting was even possible for a non-member -- which isn't) would mean nothing to a truly unscrupulous seller?

If he has a bank account connected to his account, Paypal can just withdraw the money direct from his account.

If you paid by Credit Card you can always file a claim with the CC company. For that one reason, I ALWAYS pay all my Paypal transactions with a CC. This way if Paypal tries to screw you over you can always get your money back from the CC co.

Well, I'm a bit surprised by finding this post, but since it's about me, I thought I needed to stop lurking on this forum and register to reply with my side of the story.

I do have to say that I haven't read the original post before it was removed, so I cannot specifically reply to that. I will try to be a clear as I can.

Payment for this transction was sent on the 19th of september with pay pal.
An e-mail followed a few days later to ask if the payment was received properly.
I replied that I did receive the payment and that I would be shipping the package in a day or 2. I finally brought the package to the post office on the 28th.
In my experience priority airmail shipping takes about 7-10 business days (unless customs delays, but since I mark my packages as gift, this usually doesn't happen). So according to that timeframe the package should arrive sometime next week.

Not counting the weekends about 2 weeks since payment have passed.A bit early to claim you've been "taken" I think.Especially since you have been in contact with me. I may have been late with replying, but I did reply.
However, I do understand that things may have escalated due to the sudden "unregistered" notice that was placed on eBay a few days ago.

Those are the specifics of the transaction.

Now for the other things:

Yes, I am currently not a registered member on eBay.
Yes, the store that has been referred to is related in the way that I own it and run it. But the eBay accounts are not related. One is private buy/sell and the other is only business sells and can be used by my co-workers at the store when we sell on eBay.

I use one Pay Pal account for both since it is a verified business account with a high number of completed transactions. And it's just easier since I don't have a credit card for private use.But that is where the connection stops.

Due to the fact that I was moving into a new place last month I was selling pieces from my collection that I didn't really care much for anymore. I severely underestimated the amount of work and time the move would take. And since the business is quite a lot of work already and preparations for conventions are fully underway (like FACTS in the upcoming weekend for example) I took on a little more than I could handle.
So most of the shipments were delayed or I had them processed with the businesscontract at the TNT here to get them out quicker. This didn't always go well and some packaged were severely delayed. But I tried to keep the customers informed whenever I had the chance.

About the "not a registered member" status on eBay.
For the business account it's very simple. The euro/dollar status. It has no point for me to place the products online since the current conversionrate is so ridiculously high that I won't be selling anything there anyway and it would only cost me money. So no point of being active for now.

The private account is a different story. I usually only use this account to buy items for my own collection. I just recently started selling the pieces from my collection I didn't want to move with me. Since I moved, my address info has changed. This also needed to be changed in eBay, but for some reason you need to file a credit card to change your contact information. And I don't have one for private use anymore. So my payments of the seller fees need to be done manually with banktransfers. And since I haven't done this on time and it takes a while for eBay to process the payment, I'm not a registered member anymore. Once the payment of seller fees has cleared, I'll be active again. That's all there is to it.

Now for some specific replies:

@Urban freddy, I'm sorry to hear you lost $65. But can you please mention that this wasn't in a transaction with me. Because it reads like it was.

@bonehead1, The Pay Pal account has both credit card and bank accounts connected. However, private sells from personal collections I do remove from the balance. This doesn't mean that there would be no funds to give the buyer his/her refund.

@Wetanut, I'm sorry that seem you think that I'm trying to scam you. In your Pay Pal reply to me you appeared to understand the situation, but I'm not getting the same feeling when I read your posts here. I do hope things will work out ok in the end though and that you'll be happy with the collection.

@Marcus is not dead, I don't know if and what you bought from the store in the past but I hope everything was satisfactory. I do want to ask you to remove the e-mail links. No problem if you want to mention my name, but placing those links will result in even more spam than we are getting now. And since it was a private sell, I don't think it is needed to mention the company since the people there won't be able to help the buyer if things go wrong. They don't have access to my private eBay account.

Anyway, to make a long story short. Maybe I should have waited until my move was complete and I had the proper time to ship everything out faster after payment was received.
That is my own mistake and I can understand some of the annoyance with the late arrival of buyers items. However, the amount of mass panic and foul e-mail/pay pal claims I have been getting from some buyers just because of the "not a registered member" status is unbelievable. When I tried to buy items from certain sellers I always wondered why they didn't accept Pay Pal payments from foreign bidders, but this explained it to me. And what surprised me even more is the people that try to claim their money back due to my eBay status/non receipt despite the fact that the TNT tracking information tells me they did receive their packages in good order. Thank goodness I only ship insured and traceable.

I'm not in this business or hobby to scam anybody.But the actions from some buyers (not Wetanut btw) this past week have made me seriously reconsider selling my items on eBay or accepting Pay Pal payments, be it private or business.

Wow, this turned into a long post, but I hope this clears things up a bit. If anyone has questions, please let me know.

P.s. I would have replied sooner, but I had to wait until my forum account was actived :)

P.P.S. oh and for maybe an extra piece of reassurance, you can contact the eBay member that left a negative with me before I became "unregistered". She just notified me yesterday that her package arrived in proper order last monday.

Last edited:
umm... can a moderator delete the above post. i dont believe we need transaction details showing up on the forums. that is between the two of you and ebay/paypal. this isn't the peoples court and you don't need to defend yourself here to get our approval.

I think you misunderstood the reason of my post.

I don't intent it to turn into a people's court. I just wanted to explain my part in the deal and how things happened on my side due to the replies from other members. I know it's my first post(on this forum), but I think I should be able to illustrate what happened if my name/company is explicitly mentioned here (with links and all) right?
But aside from the date I don't think I posted any specific information about the transaction. If I did I apologize and I'll remove it.

And I don't intend to escalate or keep the conversation going. Just wanted to tell my side. That's it. No more posts about this from me. In about a week the items should arrive, this will be solved and I'll be more than happy to remove the post myself if needed :)

But I agree that we shouldn't discuss the deal any further on the forum, we can use eBay/Pay Pal or PM for that. However, I didn't start the thread to discuss the transaction in the first place, so I hope you can understand why I posted my reply.

Yes.....please. Would seem there was unfortunate timing and miscommunication all the way around. Will sort out privately.

I have every intention of attempting to clear his reputation once transaction has been completed.

Don't take it personally. In the last few months there have been a huge number of ebay scams being reported here and they all have much in common with the details listed in the original post.

e-mail links removed.

to make things clear , I've already ordered on your site (not ebay)it was more than one year ago , a Gentle Giant T-X Terminatrix mini bust .
ordered it on Sunday ,received an email announcing shipping monday in the morning and received it wednesday in the morning.
(Netherlands to France).no need to say I found this more than satisfying.

but that was not the point of my post ,I just wanted to give this member a chance to contact his seller.
quote: "You can try to contact the site and see if they have something to do with this fayru"

I've already ordered on ebay and when the seller account is closed before you receive your item it's generally not a good sign and as a buyer yourself I think you can understand this .
now from your point of view : you've sent the item , your acount is closed for "administrative" reason and you see this post:this must not be very pleasant.

moral: don't sell things on ebay when you're moving.

Back