Body Comparisons for Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As promised, here's a look at some recent, and not-so-recent, bodies available out there:

CompareMale.jpg

Sorry to cause people with small displays to scroll sideways. The yellow lines indicate where I measured from -- basically, the top of the visible part of the neck and none of the part that would hide inside a head. Where the shoulders are uneven, it's to indicate that the shoulders are able to hold poses at different heights. The one identified as a BBI G3.5 was an eBay purchase and the manufacturer's mark has been obliterated, so I'm guessing based on photos.

Female body comparisons to come. I don't have as many of those.

Wow Gruff! That is a great post!
And VERY imformative!
I have not heard of the Armory or Real guy ones. I may not have gotten them.
Thanks! This is helpful in many ways!

Yes, that's a great line up Gruff! It's the highest res line up I've seen yet which really helps separate the details. Any tips on where we can acquire an ACE Workshop body?

VERY interesting. With this you can see the pros and cons of all the bodies. I must admit, Medi's body does look nice but man they are expensive and don't feel like there is much there. The BBi body isn't much better. And for those that complain about the Buck's body definition.. well take a look at Armory and the DiD youth. Can't wait to see the female comparison though.

And VERY imformative!

I have to agree.... Very very informative post Gruff. Many bodies I was not even aware of, and now I can just pull up this pic and make a decision. Very cool of you bro. :rock

I just came across a nice body in my order from Goodstufftogo last night. It's from a company called Toy Soldier. The proportions and muscularity can limit its usefulness, but fortunately I purchased him for a specific project in mind.

What I think is so nice about this figure is that you can completely disassemble it unlike Sideshow Buck bodies which are glued. This is a very nice feature because I can easily tighten all of the joints by opening him up and adding some HandiTak. Sure, there are screw holes all up and down his back, but those can be easily filled in afterward.

Hi guys! It's good to be back online, and good to have gotten the shot taken, though it was hard to line them up. The ACE body really is a tad bit taller than the Sideshow, even though I didn't line them up that way and it doesn't look like it. I measured everything after I'd taken the photo.

Justinluck, ACE hasn't offered the bodies nude yet, so what you're looking for on eBay and at the usual online parter-outers will be the current ACE boxed figure broken down into its components. The first release with this body was the Special Forces Operation Delta figure, so you'd search for "Special Forces Operation Delta ACE body" or for "ACE SFOD nude." You can also search for "MK-1," which is the ACE designation for the body type. Good Stuff to Go had them for $25, but they're sold out now. Keep an eye on Battle Rhino, 4Leaf, Viking Playground, Monkey Depot, Cotswald, etc, and eBay -- there was an eBay seller offering them at a BIN of $18.50 for a while. But by now I'd guess it's a case of wait until ACE Workshop issues its next boxed figure...or wises up to how many of these they could sell as blank nude builder bodies. I really like it, but I haven't finished a custom with it yet and I'm concerned about finding pants to fit it -- it has a thicker waist and thighs, definitely needs Levis 550s not 501s, if you know what I mean.

Interesting to see how much more realistic the Sideshow shoulders are compared to the Hot Toys, isn't it?

The Real Guy figure is available in Caucasian and AA from AmokTime. Its wrist posts are round ball joints that pop into the hands, but they're huge, making hand swaps with other brands a major operation, so if you order one get the extra hands set that come with it. One pair are bendy hands.

The Armoury is an older figure, and scarce now. I got two on eBay a while back because they were advertised as tall. The knees are a simple scissor joint, but they are surprisingly flexible.

I'll try to post a femfig comparison next week. Glad everyone liked this.

Surprised by the Medicom body's size the most. Not nearly as small as I thought it was. As far as shoulders go I wouldn't say the Sideshow are any more realistic than the HT. Shoulders (due to their complexity) seem to be the hardest thing to do as no one has really nailed it. Of those pictured I like the ACE shoulders the best. For my money though Volks has done the best looking shoulders around.

yhst-70052297082953_1976_82235885

The thing I like the best about the Hot Toys body is the sculpt of the legs. Looks great under spandex, very realistic musculature.

I wanna get one of those Volks bodies, but can't find them anywhere.

I've even emailed Volks to ask about that body, but haven't gotten a response. Incidentally, they list the Neo Guy as 28.5cm with a head, which is just about 11 & 1/5 inches. My guess is that it's about the same height as the RAH.

I've been wondering whether, when and if the storied Triad EVO bodies ever come to market, they won't surprise us by being too short for Sideshow heads.

In that BBi body, are those extenders by the ankles?? They can be taken out to make it shorter, right??

I'm looking for a replacement body for Bespin Luke.

I've even emailed Volks to ask about that body, but haven't gotten a response. Incidentally, they list the Neo Guy as 28.5cm with a head, which is just about 11 & 1/5 inches. My guess is that it's about the same height as the RAH.

I've been wondering whether, when and if the storied Triad EVO bodies ever come to market, they won't surprise us by being too short for Sideshow heads.

I think it's without. Callous used it for his Maul head and has comparisons with it and a Medicom. The head looked larger on a Medicom.

I think while the Medicom and Volks may be about the same height proportionally the Volks has wider shoulders and is generally bulkier. The body ends up looking like the same scale as Sideshow bodies, just shorter while the medicom body looks like a taller person that's in a completely different scale.

Here's a quick n dirty modification to the Hot Toys shoulder joints I did a couple nights ago. This body will be covered with clothing, so I care more about proportions than aesthetics of the plastic surface in this case.

And VERY imformative!

The Armoury bod is "ok" but there are others much better. The "Real Guy" I found to be very fragile as I broke two during the most minor of adjustments. We need to add Yamato and Ignite into the comparison as well.

Back