Mooncats Mansion of Mystery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooncat

Super Freak
Reaction score
ITEMS FOR SALE LOCATED HERE:

KITBASH ITEMS

FIGURES AND KITBASH ITEMS (CATHODE TUBES ETC)

My Collection is here click image below

My Customs are shown below here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mmmmmmmm thought Id start just one thread for customs, as Ive started a few threads as Ive done each custom, so taking a leaf from Les, Josh and Glenn and all the other customisers on here . . heres my humble offerings all in one place.

DID body with a Tomy helm and slightly resculpted hasbro armour everything then repainted/sprayed

3593067142_7d48382a3a_o.jpg

Hasblo Emperor Palp repaint with SSC Emp robes and neon sabre

3592261341_6b0e157685_o.jpg

Repainted Battle droid

3593106988_697d36c8b2_b.jpg

repainted super battle droid

3592298543_3d74e6158b_b.jpg

repainted Gamorrean Guard

3592288551_fd6a1737a2_o.jpg

Last edited:
Biggs

New DID body, tomy helm with hasbro head cut into it - head and suit from POTF 2 pack biggs and wedge with new boots and gloves from Evil Bay

3592324539_19cf7ee4ba_o.jpg

Last edited:
really outstanding work mooncat........& that gammy looks tons better since you toned it down. love the wind blown look of the capes. how exactly is that done? hairspray or something?

really outstanding work mooncat........& that gammy looks tons better since you toned it down. love the wind blown look of the capes. how exactly is that done? hairspray or something?

Nah it aint hair spray its garden wire - stuff you use to tie up plants

for the most part you can shove and thread the wire along the sewn seams of the robes,

some areas you have to stitch them in were there are no seams or where the seams are to small.

Glad you guys posted tbh as this post has been up for 48 hours and I was feeling unappreciated :(

but now Im much better since I got a little slap on the back thx guys

Last edited:
Great customs Mooncat! What a great effect on the robes. I really like the stormtrooper, now if I can get my Hasbro ones to look like that I can make a whole legion of them.:chew

Awesome stuff Mooncat! And some very inspired choices as well, tough things to tackle head on like that at the beginning of your "Custom Career". I had to warm up on Horror stuff for months at first, it's always cool to see new people give this a shot and you seem to have a good eye for it, especially your clothing and parts gathering. That comes in handy for customs, as you know. It's a skill that cannot be taught.

Can't wait to see what you do next, keep it up and keep pushing. :rock

Heres a link to a thread on how to create 1:6th Star Wars Weapons

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26243

Awesome stuff Mooncat! And some very inspired choices as well, tough things to tackle head on like that at the beginning of your "Custom Career". I had to warm up on Horror stuff for months at first, it's always cool to see new people give this a shot and you seem to have a good eye for it, especially your clothing and parts gathering. That comes in handy for customs, as you know. It's a skill that cannot be taught.

Can't wait to see what you do next, keep it up and keep pushing. :rock

Thx for the comments coming from you (one of my inspirations on this board) it means alot

Although Im guilty of not being patient enough at times, tend to rush at things and get stuck in, make decisions on the fly which sometime can backfire

I want to try my hand at sculpting more and am thinking of attempting a headsculpt (not sure what tbh thinking an alien rather than a human as human likeness will probably be harder to do) ATM Ive used only milliput - however this only gives me a window of about 2 hours as it dries to quickly. I realise I can cut/sand into it later but Im guessing theres probably a better material to use for headsculpts than trying to use white milliput - that said Ive got white milliput here and Ive used it a bit now

Last edited:
Thx

After looking at these pics realised that the Ties Helmet was sat up too much (amazing what you see when you sit back) so cut a bit away and dropped it down slightly

3593132564_a3018b7fa6_o.jpg

Last edited:
TBH Ive built a new cabinet and am waiting on a Hurricane Vader as a center piece so Im gonna get a friend of mine in to do some pics of the whole shabang when it arrives for that Taa Daa factor :)

Enjoying looking through your stuff-- Have you tackled the Hasbro Grievous yet by chance?

Got one, seen the customs done on here ! but not generated the confidence yet to have a go :horror

We're in the same boat then... Tired of the ol' Hasbro one but trying to gather intel to make a go at changing him.

Latest respray/repaint a Hasbro Snowtrooper - with New DID body, jumpsuit, pockets and cloak, face cover, boots, hands and blaster. Just wanted a clean snowie (previous post) but couldnt find one, so used the dirty Hasbro one

3592333171_a08015b55e_b.jpg

3593141212_e96624600f_b.jpg

Last edited:
excellent work mc.....you are getting better and better with each figure. that snowtrooper is sweet. the details in the chest armor look tight. and your blaster tuned out great as well.

Great work Mooncat! You really did nail that Snowtrooper. I especially love the crisp work on the armor and accents, it looks so fantastically detailed and sharp. Your skills just seem to increase with each new figure, I can't wait to see what you tackle next. :rock

Thx have a couple of customs on the go atm, rebel trooper, rebel endor trooper, death star trooper, royal guard, plus waiting on figures from the bay for upgrades

The death star trooper and rebel trooper I’m waiting on some hurricane made accessories (rubs hands) so I know they will be the icing. The endor trooper Im weathering and Im gonna add some stuff glenn's sending me :)

Last edited:
Back