Ian1138's Custom Works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogue Trooper

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thought i start off this year with a new thread to show my custom, most of my previous bashes i either going to be redone or used as fodder. When i started customizing last year alot of the custom i made were very crude and not up to par with what i now want and no where near other customizers work.
My first custom of the year is another Boba Fett. A marmit/hasbro bash as he appeared in ESB on a dragon body.
ESB_BobaFett8.jpg
ESB_BobaFett6.jpg

ESB_BobaFett3.jpg
ESB_BobaFett5.jpg

ESB_BobaFett4.jpg

I put him together so i could display him next to a Hurricane ESB Vader.

Last edited:
I really like it from the way the suit fits to the well proportioned body
especially in the legs unlike Medicoms version.

And detail work on the helmet and armor weathering.

:bow

Cheers :D Shai, Katkaru, orbitingx
Helmets from hasbro which is a surprise, its got that taper to the helmet, which the marmit ain't.

Latest basha an imperial officer, Chief Bast with the funky 70's sidesburns. This is the best i think i can do with the hasbro uniform.
ImperialOfficer3.jpg
ImperialOfficer2.jpg
ImperialOfficer1.jpg

The army so far, going to replace the AT-AT driver with a AT-ST driver if i can find the jumpsuit i want.
ImperialArmy.jpg

Mooncat- All the gloves came from marmit tie-pilot or at-at driver, i think there perfect for star wars figures.

Touched up my IG-88 which i repainted last year and added a 4-LOM to my ESB bounty hunter line up, a repaint with a marmit rifle instead of the chunky hasbro. Really like the way i painted his eyes, hope i can get the same effect on other stuff i want to paint.
IG-884-LOM.jpg

U Git :rolleyes: just finished a 4-lom repaint and yours is better :( yours has a brassier more metallic feel if you understand which is totally biatchin

Tried to get the eyes yellow veined with the green blobs and then coated with gloss !

yours has reminded me that I didnt put that red chest mark back on mine !

Ill post mine on my thread later

Nice job nonetheless, its gotta a distinctly mettallic feel to the 4-Lom same as the IG-88 well done !

Last edited:
Ian, could you post some pics of how the ammo bag attaches on the Sandtrooper? Or describe how they attach? Is it attached to the shoulder armor or the pauldren? I have a couple of Medicom Sandies that I am working on and dont know how they wear the ammo pouch. Thanks for the help.
-Ryan

Ian, could you post some pics of how the ammo bag attaches on the Sandtrooper? Or describe how they attach? Is it attached to the shoulder armor or the pauldren? I have a couple of Medicom Sandies that I am working on and dont know how they wear the ammo pouch. Thanks for the help.
-Ryan

Are you turning medicom stormtrooper into sandtroopers, that will be cool to see and add more to all those wicked clone commanders.
I used the these 2 sites when i was putting mine together, loads of photos.
https://tk1536.com/armor2.html
https://www.tk409.com/tk409.html
With the marmit sandtroopers there are slots for the plastic pouches to be attached to the armor but the one which is added to the left shoulder pads is held by elastic. A piece of elastic is glued to on the rear of the pouch at the top and bottom. Then the elastic is put around the shoulder on the body and the elastic pull the pouch towards the shoulder pad. Hope that makes sens.
Hers some english instuction for the marmit
https://www.thebrainwerks.com/maw/marmitmain.html
On the sandtrooper page, instrcution page 2 its shows what i tired to explain about the elastic.
I think Hurricane made medicom stormie into a sandtrooper, i might help to see what he did with his.

Thanks for the explaination Ian. I have some Medicom Sandies that I wanted to add the ammo pouch to. I bought some ammo pouches but wasnt sure how to adhere them or where to attach them on the armor. I couldnt really find a good referance so thanks for the links.

At TK409.com he shows how the pouch attaches. It actually attaches to the backpack which I thought was the correct way, but wasnt sure because of the way the Marmit pouches are. Thanks for the help and the great links, Ian. You are a big help as always:D

Here is a pic and exerpt from his site:
"To Wear:
In ANH, the ammo pouch was attached to the backpack strap. This explains why no Sandtrooper without a backpack ever wore a shoulder pouch.

Cut off the loops on the back as close to the pouch as you can. Superglue the ends together and screw or rivet it to the back of back of the ammo pouch. Then rivet the other end to the top of your backpack strap."

1.jpg

Metal Gear Solid Snake, got this cheap komani snake on sale and thought i have a go at upgrading it. Wanted this guy to fit in with the hot toys resident evil Leon RPD so i put him onto a HT body. Used a load of parts i won of ebay swat lot, lots of nice modern gear i got with that. Most of the gear im not sure wher it came from but the boots are from a Rambo and the body armor, jumpsuit and repainted head are from the komani figure. Hardest thing to find was a pistol with silencer
Haven't played the game in years but as he was reduced thought i have ago at upgrading that toy.
MGSsnake5.jpg
MGSsnake2.jpg

MGSsnake4.jpg
MGSsnake6.jpg

MGSsnake9.jpg
MGSsnake3.jpg

Dont recall the character that well from the game (although I do know Ive played it)

that aside I can just see by the quality of the overall figure that this rocks the kazbaa just on looks alone no matter how screen accurate it is.

Knocked another one out the park there m8

Thanks Mooncat

Been practicing my head repainting, the hot toys body i bought had this Leno head scuplt which i thought i could pratice on. Going to redo the hair in a flatter black i think, looks very shiny now that i look it it again. Doing the stuble was really satisfying.
Of course now that i want to make a figure of this now, im thinking maybe a simple bash with just the jacket he wears outside carrying his plant and cleaning case.
Leon1.jpg

Which head is that... looks very nice, better than the Dragon Wasabi.

I not sure it did come with the hot toys body and the hole in the bottom almost goes to the top of the inside. Theres also a small hole in the ear which goes in the space in side and you can see straight through, thought that was strange maybe for some comm gear.

Agent Smith is my 1st custom from a matrix line up i plan one doing.
The body is a DiD which i trimmed the torso and chest down alot to make him thinner and so the aci suit fitted better. The shirt and tie are dragon there was a tie with the aci suit package but it had that elastic whih goes around the neck which did'nt look so good and the dragon tie is a real working tie which imprest me. Repainted the hair and eyebrow so they looked darker than what colour the scupt came with.
AgentSmith1.jpg
AgentSmith2.jpg

Agent Smith is my 1st custom from a matrix line up i plan one doing.
The body is a DiD which i trimmed the torso and chest down alot to make him thinner and so the aci suit fitted better. The shirt and tie are dragon there was a tie with the aci suit package but it had that elastic whih goes around the neck which did'nt look so good and the dragon tie is a real working tie which imprest me. Repainted the hair and eyebrow so they looked darker than what colour the scupt came with.
AgentSmith1.jpg
AgentSmith2.jpg

classic smith

Where did youget the glasses from ? and the shoes ?

you know what might add to it ?

the earpiece maybe ?

Cheers Mooncat. The suit, shoes and sunglasses came from a aci suit package i bought same with the little bit of metal on the tie.

I was thinking about adding the ear piece but then i would have to change the sunglasses to the 1st martix film, in the sequels he has these type of glasses and no earpiece.

Back