LOTR Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red

Super Freak
Reaction score
LOTR Pics More pics added

My wife and i visited Middle Earth-NZ at the end of '06 and during our travels we stopped and took some pics of a few locations from the LOTR movies.I'm sure u guys will recognise most if not all of the shots.Cheers.

lotrmw2.jpg
lotr1wg5.jpg
lotr2jj7.jpg
lotr9np1.jpg
lotr3nl2.jpg
lotr4wn9.jpg
lotr5gg7.jpg
lotr6fj9.jpg
lotr7ih7.jpg
lotr8jp9.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to go on that trip--it's almost unreal that you can go to those locations and take pictures of "Middle Earth" like that. Thanks for sharing those!

Thanks for sharing those with us! My wife and I have been talking about a trip to NZ for years, but even more so since LOTR. If you don't mind my asking, how long did you stay? Looks like it was long enough to visit some very memorable spots. Makes me wish I could leave tomorrow! :cool:

Wow. Just Wow. That looks sooo much fun to walk around the shire! Manohman, that would be just incredible! I'd love to do that some day!

Thanks much for sharing!

Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos.

I would hope that they would film "The Hobbit" Shire scenes there again. That would amazing, to revisit again.

Those are just amazing. Someday, I swear I'll go there and see all the areas where they filmed the movies.

My family and I went over Christmas 2003/4 and saw ROTK in the theatre where it premiered and travelled to the same sites. Fantastic.
Only trouble is, my wife wants to live there now.:rolleyes:

May I ask what time of the year this were taken? I'm trying to figure out the best time to head to NZ that will show these locales in their movie versions.

Back