New DCD 13" - Black Canary & The Spirit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
9821_a_full.jpg

Funny, Canary comes with 2 different heads, both with removeable masks and Spirit's mask isn't removeable at all.

9827_a_full.jpg

Wow, Spirit looks quite nice. I'm surprised at how well the outfit turned out.

But gosh, could they have gotten Canary in a more stiff, uncomfortable pose?

The Spirit looks cool. I really like the clothes. None of DCD's female characters are very convincing though. They always seem proportioned kind of weirdly.

I like that Black Canary. Even the screaming head sculpt looks great.
Does anyone else think she looks a little like Brooke Shields?

Not much interested in the Spirit though. It seems you could make a better looking one that's actually in scale.

I'm a little disappointed that they went with sculpted hair, but I think Canary looks pretty decent - the screaming head reminds me of something, hmm, what could it be?

Andy, do you have any idea why the screaming Canary looks so familar?

I'm sooo happy they went with sculpted hair. That rats nest that came on the exclusive Batgirl was terrible. The hair that Tonner uses is MUCH better than the stuff DCD went with.

I'm a little disappointed that they went with sculpted hair, but I think Canary looks pretty decent - the screaming head reminds me of something, hmm, what could it be?

Andy, do you have any idea why the screaming Canary looks so familar?

The screaming face sculpt looks like Andy's screaming face on the Wonder Woman 1/4 Museum piece. The initial face shot that DCD turned down for the more subtle look.

Spirit looks great. Canary ... I'm not sure how anyone who's ever actually spent time with a real female could look at that photo and think "What a great job!"

I'm glad to get a Black Canary, even though I hope the finished product looks better. The Spirit? Geez, I've been waiting 30 years for this figure, and then instead of a classic Eisner Spirit with white shirt and blue suit, they give us Frank Miller's movie version? How disappointing!

Back