HT--Executive Officer---KANE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordmasterprince

Freakzoid
Reaction score
It is finally here ! Just took some quick pictures showing what everyone should be interested in. The packing is like Dallas , with outer box jacket that looks like the helmet , except there is a HOLE at the visor area . And main box cover showing a FACEHUGGED Kane instead . Clever!!!

The head sculpt does not look like John Hurts at all !!! However the paint still is as good as Dallas'. There is a facehugged head sculpt included which ,in other hand, has a sloppy paint job. It still looks fine but when comparing to the normal head, it just does not have the same level of attention in paint application.

There is an extra damaged visor with a hole in it. The hole looks like it been melted through with some discolouration around the edge. Nice realistic effect!

The last piece that is different from Dallas is the OPEN alien egg. Like the one came with Dallas , this is also coming from the snape kit as well. The upper part of the egg is a new sulpt though. It even has detail of a face hugger's tail inside ! Nice touch but again, it is a AVP version egg , not the bigger ALIEN version.

With the extra parts that come with the set , Kane may be a better deal than Dallas. However the character likness of Dallas beats Kane for sure. This is really a tough decision to just pick one. So the easy way would be : BUY BOTH !

2811125482_337d9405be_o.jpg

2811125548_7d674088bd_o.jpg

2811125642_ea43f3deb6_o.jpg

2811125838_e1fef573cf_o.jpg

2811125692_b1d8b37820_o.jpg

2811125748_3e2a69c31f_o.jpg

2811125900_f5727be391_o.jpg

2810279565_108d5388af_o.jpg

I'll never understand why actors don't want collectibles using their likeness. :rolleyes:

I'd be flattered. And paid. :naughty

It's such a shame that John Hurt wouldn't give approval for his likeness as it really takes a lot of the shine off an otherwise outstanding figure.
I expect a custom sculpt will show up in the near future though.

Looks great, but too bad on John Hurt's part. His character was a pivotal part in the movie, it's a sin that we can't get a figure with his likeness:confused:

Man! Thanks for the pix, but the head sculpt pisses me off.
Nothing I can do about in now though. I already have Kane on the way.

I will just have to have the facehugged head re-painted, and hope for a custom sculpt to come along soon.

Wow, it was only a week between your reviews of these two figures! I hope that means I will have mine close together as well. Aside from the headsculpt, of course, the only thing I am worried about is that the facehuggered head is sitting so close to the helmet in the packaging. Was there any rubbing? Was there any protection provided between the two?

Thanks for all the new info Prince, you definately are keeping my interest up as we approach delivery on these two Alien figures.

Wow, it was only a week between your reviews of these two figures! I hope that means I will have mine close together as well. Aside from the headsculpt, of course, the only thing I am worried about is that the facehuggered head is sitting so close to the helmet in the packaging. Was there any rubbing? Was there any protection provided between the two?

Thanks for all the new info Prince, you definately are keeping my interest up as we approach delivery on these two Alien figures.

There is a molded clear cover going over the foam tray, keeping things where they should be ,so I don't think there is a issue of paint rubbing .

No need to thank me , glad that you find the info useful ! :joy

I'm not liking the paint apps on either heads and its a shame about the likeness issues. Other than that this figure is awesome. :rock

If you want to do voodoo on a figure..will it only work if the likeness is adequate?

if so maybe thats why Hurt did not give the greenlight.

Yeah, I don't like the Kane headsculpt either. It's a pity that there are so many problems with likeness issues with Aliens/Alien Hot Toys Figures.

The suit looks terrific. I think I'll definitely do some work on the facehugger scuplt and maybe the egg; as for the Kane HS, maybe Ada Chan or somebody would commission a new headsculpt. I'd like the headcover to be used, that looks great, so maybe they can reuse that somehow within the sculpt, and just resculpt the face. I love the box.

I think Dallas may be the only figure so far in the Aliens/Alien range where I'll take it out of the box and be totally happy with it (oh, and the Aliens Warrior). I've repainted Hicks and Hudson using new headsculpts; repainted Apone; repainted Drake and Vasquez headsculpts, and repainted Ripley's headsculpt and bought a jacket to use on it. Having said that it has been enjoyable and they do say they are 'model kits', plus I'm a fussy git.

Tomorrow I'll finish a Bishop custom. Just got his arms to repaint. I hope they sort out the John Hurt sculpt likeness issue befor they make a Kane as he is on the Nostromo before visiting the derelict ship should they do it. I hope they do.

:bow to lordmaster!

It is finally here ! Just took some quick pictures showing what everyone should be interested in. The packing is like Dallas , with outer box jacket that looks like the helmet , except there is a HOLE at the visor area . And main box cover showing a FACEHUGGED Kane instead . Clever!!!

The head sculpt does not look like John Hurts at all !!! However the paint still is as good as Dallas'. There is a facehugged head sculpt included which ,in other hand, has a sloppy paint job. It still looks fine but when comparing to the normal head, it just does not have the same level of attention in paint application.

There is an extra damaged visor with a hole in it. The hole looks like it been melted through with some discolouration around the edge. Nice realistic effect!

The last piece that is different from Dallas is the OPEN alien egg. Like the one came with Dallas , this is also coming from the snape kit as well. The upper part of the egg is a new sulpt though. It even has detail of a face hugger's tail inside ! Nice touch but again, it is a AVP version egg , not the bigger ALIEN version.

With the extra parts that come with the set , Kane may be a better deal than Dallas. However the character likness of Dallas beats Kane for sure. This is really a tough decision to just pick one. So the easy way would be : BUY BOTH !

2811125482_337d9405be_o.jpg

2811125548_7d674088bd_o.jpg

2811125642_ea43f3deb6_o.jpg

2811125838_e1fef573cf_o.jpg

2811125692_b1d8b37820_o.jpg

2811125748_3e2a69c31f_o.jpg

2811125900_f5727be391_o.jpg

2810279565_108d5388af_o.jpg

The facehugger itself looks terrific -- if not totally film accurate -- but you're right, the paintjob looks really rushed. Wonder what happened? That's not HT style at all.

I hope the sloppiness here is not an indication of their "hurry up and finish so we can get back to Batman" intentions.

I'm much more disappointed with the facehugger's lack of attention than I am about the John Holmes sculpt.

Last edited:
Back