Ebay Trickery Woahs...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skiman

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello fellow Freaks, last night I was bidding on a SIM on eBay and I just wanted to let you guys know about this just in case you might come across the same thing as I did.

I thought this auction was a lil fishy because shipping was so freaking high and from Florida ($75 for shipping on a SIM) but it was cheap from the get go and the bids weren't to crazy on the item.

As some all ready prolly know but to those that might get suckered into this second chase game!!! So here goes, so I was bidding on this SIM last night and it's about 60 seconds and counting til the auction ended, I'm gonna go ahead and say what it was going for and it was around $310 mark (now at this point ur're thinking man what a great deal). Anyways I'm thinking man no one has seen this because it's been a few days since anyone has put up bids on the thing. So 30 seconds rolls by and bam just up about $100, so I'm thinking not too bad, I don't mind the $400 mark still cheap. So me as the usual guy that comes in at the last second I'm thinking I'm goin to get this great deal I have a couple tabs open with my bid place ready to go, well at the last 10 seconds I drop my bids and thing goes sky rocketing into the $600++ mark with shipping. Take note I got outbidded about two times towards the end of the auction.

Ok so I lose the auction, I'm thinking man that saved me some money, well I can save for further pre-orders that I have coming... Guess what the seller contacts me immediately right after the auction has ended, I get an e-mail in Outlook mailbox stating from a PM e-mail sent by the seller not eBay that the winner of the auction didn't think they were going to win and does not have the money to pay the auction, hope you are still interested! Ok now I'm going WTF, now most ppl would jump on this because they would be excited about getting the item and winning the auction as runner up but me, not so much.

Here's my take on what really happened, going with my gut to say the least... Seller has a buddy that bids up his auctions until it's at a safe rage that he's willing to sell it for then gives me the second chase offering after the auction has been bidding up to his liking!!! I'M NOT COOL WITH THIS, if anything you should disregard all of his bids and give me the last bid that I initially put in before this bidder and I dook it out to the end (because it was only me and this other bidder). What is your guys opinion on this, I sent this out last night to a few of my buds here on the board and I wanted to state it out in the open just in case this might happen to you as well, so don't be tricked if something like this happens to you!

At the end the buy it now price was only $10-$20 less than the winners auction bid and my last losing bid but it's the principle of things, if this fake bidder wouldn't of step in and bidded it up it would of went for $310 and not $650!!!

Yeah same thing happened to me. The seller bids on his own item with another account, i lost the item and got contacted by the seller with pretty much the same story you are presenting here. I didn't buy the item ofcourse, don't buy from scumbags.

Bidding is for chumps. Use something like auction sniper - you put in the max you want to pay and it drops the bid a few seconds before the auction ends. Helps you avoid getting caught up in auction frenzy and also missing your bid.

i've seen that happened alot thats against ebay seller rules. you know what i hate the most is when you're watching something for days, and a new boot comes along. bids on it with hours to go and now the price is double. i'm like WTF!

Worst part of this I know we would lose if reported to eBay because they/he played the game legitly, the other winning bidder had a feedback of 3 and it was all from the seller's so called fake past auctions and the user was created last month! I'm not sure whether to put him on the bad eBayer's list here on the forum to warn others, it's probably the least I could do. Not to mention the seller has a perfect 800 count feedback which would give you the impression he was a good guy with a legit auction not fraud or fakes, etc but then pulls this dirty game with his auctions and hasn't been called out yet!

Bidding is for chumps. Use something like auction sniper - you put in the max you want to pay and it drops the bid a few seconds before the auction ends. Helps you avoid getting caught up in auction frenzy and also missing your bid.

Well this is exactly what I do but manually...

i've seen that happened alot thats against ebay seller rules. you know what i hate the most is when you're watching something for days, and a new boot comes along. bids on it with hours to go and now the price is double. i'm like WTF!

Yup, I watching this for a week!!!

This was a scam. Check it out:

Here is the auction:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180286008738&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

Seller is: vacboi81

Buyer is: jstone239

Jstone239 feedback: https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayIS...one239&&ftab=FeedbackAsBuyer&iid=180286008738

The only buyer for jstone239 is vacboi81 !!!

I'm putting both names on my block ebay members.

I appreciate it TOE, I knew once I got that e-mail response back from him that something was fishy! I didn't know whether to report them but I definitely was gonna let the community here at the Freaks forum know about it that's for sure!

DeadbeatEbayer.jpg

Report them to ebay.

I'm not sure you can bro, since he did it legitly, you know what I mean?

Don't do it... just move on.

O, I was not going to buy from him after this happened I was like screw you dude, not going to let you take me for a fool! Gimme da damn thing at $310 before you got ur sub-account/bud up the bidding!

yeah it's happened to me also, more than i would like.
it's really quite funny how quick some of those messages come in, it's like they are sent by a automatic program as soon as the auction ends. i have never bought any of them, but have gotten the odd one, when the seller contacts me like a day of two later and i have bought them for less than my last bid.

Why don't these fool just put a reserve price...instead of using another account if they don't want to see it sell so low...

moron...

See, what totally gave it away was that the dumbass seller emailed you RIGHT after the auction ended... The winners of auctions USUALLY don't bail within minutes of auction ending. Oh well, we all know criminals usually aren't the smartest of people :lol

That little scam goes on a lot I'm sure.

Yeah just tryn to get ppl on here aware of a sneakier scam that's even a legit item along with a somewhat legit impressionable feedback on the seller.

yeah it's happened to me also, more than i would like.
it's really quite funny how quick some of those messages come in, it's like they are sent by a automatic program as soon as the auction ends. i have never bought any of them, but have gotten the odd one, when the seller contacts me like a day of two later and i have bought them for less than my last bid.

If he was smarter he would of waited at least a day or two before contacting me, he did contact me through a e-mail from his user account on eBay and then sent me another automated one with the buy it now price of my last bid!

Why don't these fool just put a reserve price...instead of using another account if they don't want to see it sell so low...

moron...

For real dude, it's almost like I'd really wanna know what his bottom line would be anyways if he was going to go this route. I guess he was thinking that by not listing a reserve me might get more outta of it, until he realized on the last day last few seconds no one else is bidding on the item.

See, what totally gave it away was that the dumbass seller emailed you RIGHT after the auction ended... The winners of auctions USUALLY don't bail within minutes of auction ending. Oh well, we all know criminals usually aren't the smartest of people :lol

Ain't that the truth and another point if the winning bidder didn't have the money (let's just try to play this like it's legit) then why would u outbid me a couple more times...

If you know you don't have $400 what makes u think you're gonna have $500-$650!!!!!

For real dude, it's almost like I'd really wanna know what his bottom line would be anyways if he was going to go this route. I guess he was thinking that by not listing a reserve me might get more outta of it, until he realized on the last day last few seconds no one else is bidding on the item.

Its funny that his actions are one of the reasons why people are avoiding eBay and why he is getting less bids on his stuff.

Back