LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2010

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Les Walker

Digging my way out!
Reaction score
New thread - Les Post One

Well, I thought I had best save Darklord Dave, and Mods (Josh!) and the site members, memory loss, and make the postings of new works for 2009 easier for everyone involved. Especially since I am back in with a new computer, and a fresh restart, so, why not.

This will be my new Work Image post thread. You can still post in the old thread (link to first page below)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12391

about this and that, and discuss the older works listed therein, but here, I am posting new works for 2009 only. That of course will be a misnomer until about late March or early April, as anything I post will actually be work commissioned in 2008 (and God forbid, earlier), so hang with me and this might make referring to new posts easier for all. I know it will for me.

Here is what I plan to do. I will update this post, and several of the earlier ones here, with as many pictures and links to works when I can. Then, later on, I will add into THIS POST, the links to pages of new works, so if one gets lost in some long thread, you can find what you are looking for.

Secondly, I have mentioned my new workload approach, it will be a half up front, half upon completion type of payment, with what I hope to be a month by month workload. Details to be re-added in here soon. (For now I just want to start the thread off right)

Pics of works to follow.
For now, see the Third (or forth or so), ALL NEW! 2009 Hall 'O Hickses! Better detail shots to follow when I get the chance. (relearning how to post pics again! :lol )

H005.jpg

H007.jpg

H009.jpg

And for those not in the know, there have been nearly 100 or so of these Hicks heads made by me within the last two or so years, since the advent of the Hot Toys Hicks figure's arrival.

I may have old commission threads started and will have more as soon as work permits, but these are the last sets for a while. They include some started in early '08 and with added ones requested here and from other sites and emails, that may not have been updated.
Please remember, my family issues settled in around March of 08 and got worse from there. Many of my commission threads were not properly followed up on after that began. It got even worse when my computer went bad and is only now repaired.

So...onward and upward from all that! May last year be only a bad memory!!!

Anyway, MORE TO COME!

Next two posts will have info posted soon, here at the front of the thread, for easier future access.

Last edited:
Re: LES WALKER - Custom Works 2009

New Thread - Les post Three

SHIPPING LISTS.
Keep a lookout here for a list of those items and/or members where work has been shipped out.
I will not include detailed info for wach person in this openly posted list, only a cursory list of names or even just heads. Each member involved will be emailed with specific shipping info each.
Some shipments may include multiple commission items, and those might or might not be later than single head orders. Depends totally on when things get finished and packed and when. There is sometimes no order that makes sense to the outside, but does to my workload lists.

NOTE: Due to the sheer volume of heads I have to report on here, I may not list EACH and EVERY head or customer's works at this point, but will when the shipping time is reached. Fear not if you don't see your name or works mentioned here. There are a LOT of single type heads that I am not listing here yet. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks and watch for more very soon.

SHIPPING SOON:

ALL Singles and related sets.

SHIPPING within the next weeks:
ANY FEW remaining Spikey Haired Hicks Heads that go with Jokers etc.,
DrJediSith's large group
Damian's large group
Ironman1188's group
Gruff Old Bear's group
WorGar group
also...
Narin helm
Amarcord's MUMMY!
ALL Bales
All CURRENT Indy heads (not including any new SS Indy commissions)

MID/LATE APRIL:
1st wave, with hair Ledger Jokers (Later waves to be listed asap when I have info :rock)
Painted Reeve SUPERMAN heads (heads only - Not full figures yet)
Loose LOTR heads

Full out ALIEN figure REPAINTS
First waves full figure PREDATOR REPAINTS
Full figure Superman figures (may be in waves due to time spent on each...)
Full figure LOTR figure repaints
Alamo head redos

Random Figure customs followups will be informed by this time also

APRIL/MAY -
Second wave full figure PREDATOR REPAINTS
Possible second wave Full Figure Reeve Superman figures
(Hope to introduce Reeve Clark Kent sculpt before this time...)

All 2008 order loose heads should be done.
Any stragglers from that group will be sent out no later than April 30th.

APRIL 15th is my GOAL for a command cutoff date for shipements as best I can.
ALL HEADS WILL HAVE BEEN SHIPPED BY APRIL 30th!

END OF OLD WORK.
NEW 09 WORKS BEGIN...

Starting larger scale works:

1/4 scale Gladiator buildup
New works including Indiana Jones heads

MAY-
Nothing but new work for 09! TBD
SS Indiana Jones heads!
May well include Reeve Clark Kent version heads, painted and unpainted.

JUNE -
New works TBD Other Original sculpts coming!
Will be taking VERY LIMITED headpaints from this point, and vastly lower in number.
Headsculpts and figures will be more likely what I will do.

JULY - AUGUST
New original format works to be announced! Look for updates as I get closer to this time.
MUCH NEW STUFF COMING! Sculpts mostly! :rock

SEPTEMBER-
BIG FML announcement!

Last edited:

Les those Hicks heads are even better than the first batch you put out. Great job! :rock

Amazing Les...that is an INSANE amount of spikey haired Hicks'!

Welcome back bro...onwards and upwards...full steam ahead!!!

:gun

Thanks guys. It's my hope to streamline my work viewing in here for this year, so all that other stuff can be mentioned in it's contexts. This way, here, we can focus on THIS YEAR's STUFF! :rock

Oh, and other than commissions threads to come, or sales threads, etc,
HERE, and HERE ALONE will be NEW 2009 works by me!
I may post some older stuff in the other thread, but if it dies a slow death, Dave can retire it. Whenever that needs to happen.

Re: LES WALKER - All NEW Custom Works 2009

New thread - Les Post One
H005.jpg
On the far left is that the Lonnie Hale Hero Head of Hicks? I've never seen it painted up, it looks great and much better than I thought it would. I'm about to order one soon for my Reese. Looking fwd to takin' pics of my spikey-haired Hicks with the rest of my custom marines!!
:bouncin

On the far left is that the Lonnie Hale Hero Head of Hicks? I've never seen it painted up, it looks great and much better than I thought it would. I'm about to order one soon for my Reese. Looking fwd to takin' pics of my spikey-haired Hicks with the rest of my custom marines!!
:bouncin

No, that's either an HT factory Hudson head (which oddly looks more like Hicks, or the Hot Toys Stoner Head which was the base for Les' spikey head.

Glad to see you've got your clone army coming along :lol

Simply amazing Les. And not one of those looks like he was part an an assembly line. Each one looks like it was the only one you painted and give it your full and undivided attention (which is saying something because of all you have been through lately).

You've still got it :bow

Glad to see you've got your clone army coming along :lol

Simply amazing Les. And not one of those looks like he was part an an assembly line. Each one looks like it was the only one you painted and give it your full and undivided attention (which is saying something because of all you have been through lately).

You've still got it :bow

:rock:rock:rock

This needs quoting .

:rock:rock
:rock:rock:rock

The Master - Looking Fine in 09.

Rock on, Les. Rock on. :rock

Man, the Hall of Hicks is always an impressive thing :lol Glad to see you back Les :rock

I was sad to hear of all your hiccups, but it looks like your Hicks' are on the up and up. You are a well of exhuberence Les. Never lose that. I feel better whenever I read one of your posts. Rock on indeed. :rock

hey les...i have no orders with you but i just wanna say i love your works..and hope 2009 is a better year for you... do post more picture of your work!

cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back