Hulk VS Spiderman Diorama, Does this look wierd to you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gammabomb

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Let me give you the story first. When it was first released I received a damaged statue. The Hulk was cracked down the middle and the spidey looked like he was dropped on the floor. I returned it and received the replacement 6 months later. When I got them i checked them out to make sure there was no damage and everything was good so I packed them away never assembling them. Fast forward to this week I finally got a place to display it and something seems off. The spidey seems to sit too close to the hulk and doesn't look like the pic on the box or other collector's statues i have seen. Check them out and let me know what you think.

100_0733.jpg

100_0738.jpg

100_0739.jpg

100_0742.jpg

100_0743.jpg

100_0744.jpg

100_0746.jpg

100_0750.jpg

100_0754.jpg

100_0755.jpg

The traffic lamp post can be easily bent for desired pose. To be safer, used a hair dryer. However, you must consider bending it back later should you wish to box it due to fittings in the styro box. Lesson learnt for me :)

The traffic lamp post can be easily bent for desired pose. To be safer, used a hair dryer. However, you must consider bending it back later should you wish to box it due to fittings in the styro box. Lesson learnt for me :)

So you have adjusted the lamp post on yours? How hot do you leave the hair dryer? I'm just scared to break it. Thanks for the input.

I remember it was a common problem when this came out back in the day....You should display Hulk alone without spidey anyway...:rock

Thanks for the replies guys. I just wanted to get your expert opinions. I guess i'll just leave it alone. It's kinda growing on me, and it seems like it's something spidey would do, just in his face cracking wise.

Looks a little goofy. I've never seen one that close before.

A few tips. The pole is actually make of metal. It can be bent, but you want to heat it with a hair dryer in the area that you would adjust. That will make the paint pliable and keep it from cracking when you adjust it.

I wouldn't suggest trying to bend it 'at the bend' because the metal there is already 'crimped' and would probably break. You want to do your work where the pole is the 'roundest' and you just heat that section and tweak it, little by little until spidey is where you want him.

I would at least try to get them looking eye to eye. Here's my Gray Hulk vs..

GH11.jpg

A few tips. The pole is actually make of metal. It can be bent, but you want to heat it with a hair dryer in the area that you would adjust. That will make the paint pliable and keep it from cracking when you adjust it.

I wouldn't suggest trying to bend it 'at the bend' because the metal there is already 'crimped' and would probably break. You want to do your work where the pole is the 'roundest' and you just heat that section and tweak it, little by little until spidey is where you want him.

GH11.jpg

I was wondering what the light pole was made of. I just gotta get the guts to try and bend it to where i think it should be. If it's not to much trouble can you post a pic of your light pole so I can see what angles i'm shooting for. Thanks for the tips, you da man!!!

GH11.jpg

Nice pic CF :rock

GH11.jpg

Seriously dude, nice explanation with the pic.

I am thinking from the light show that this is the Exc of the gray correct?

Are you thinking of selling this? PM me if you are.

Seriously dude, nice explanation with the pic.

I am thinking from the light show that this is the Exc of the gray correct?

Are you thinking of selling this? PM me if you are.

the grey doesnt have a reg.It only comes with the lights that works.

Back