Stargate Atlantis 1/6th scale Commision

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mooncat

Super Freak
Reaction score
Theres been a little movement recently on an old thread over at Gateworld - Some PM's back and forth to a few peeps based on resurrecting a Beckett and McKay headsculpts commision

We have some movement on BDu's also, hoping to be able to showcase some season 1 BDU's in a few months time. Available for 40 euros possibly 43 if 1/6th zips are used.

So all thats missing from a great Stargate Atlantis Bash is the sculpts !

If your interested and want to know prices and whose sculpting then please leave a post here.

Ive contacted one sculptor Ive used in the past to see how he's set for price and time. Any sculptors who feel up to the task and are interested please leave a post yourselves mentioning price and timescales please.

Last edited:
An email back from Ada (Chan Ada):

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi, original sculpt is US230 each to custom made.

But if you can buy 25 copies, that means, either:
Unpaint: US25 x25 = US625
or
Painted: US35x25 = US875
then, there is no need to pay US230.

If you have more question, pls let me know. Of course, if you are looking for much more copies, the price can be much much better than the above. Thanks!

Ada.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Im reading that as :

Earthgate Ricky x 2 sets (4 heads)
Mooncat x 1 set (2 heads)
Roll my Blues x 1 set (2 heads)
ifrack x 1 set (2 heads)
mnfatz (OSW) x 1 set (2 heads)
ironman1188 (OSW) x 1 set (2 heads)
Thunderbird2 x 1 set (2 heads)
Mazojedi x 1 set (2 heads)

$230 origination and $25 a cast giving us the cost for 1 head split 9 ways :

$50.55 per head

So for 2 . . . Beckett and McKay $101.10

I think we could get shipping in with that also !

So whats everyone's thoughts on this ? afford one and not the other ? then a show of hands for which one you want produced if its still on the cards and we can still get a show of hands for 9 casts instead of 18 then so be it !!

Ive not asked timeframes etc. will do that once we have a new show of hands

Ok just had a 10th interested party in buying 11 Becketts and 9 Mckays

Making the order:

(Anonymous) x 1 set (2 Heads)
Earthgate Ricky x 2 sets (4 heads Beckett and McKay)
Mooncat x 1 set (2 heads Beckett and McKay)
Roll my Blues x 1 set (2 heads Beckett and McKay)
ifrack x 1 set (2 heads Beckett and McKay)
mnfatz (OSW) x 1 set (2 heads Beckett and McKay)
ironman1188 (OSW) x 1 set (2 heads Beckett and McKay)
Thunderbird2 x 1 set (2 heads Beckett and McKay)
Mazojedi x 1 set (2 heads Beckett and McKay)

Theres a mix of McKay and Beckett so those that want both thats what Ive put down

So heres the latest headcount the 20th December 2009 will be the last headcount for this project before we spend some monies.

The deal is this

Chan Ada will be commissioned to produce 2 x 1/6th scale headsculpts
We will supply reference imagery to Ada for her to produce the headsculpts over a 6 month period (to be confirmed). She will produce the headsculpts giving us the opportunity to have our say on the likeness and any features we want changed throughout the process with weekly updates. Using this thread. (duration and periodical updates to be confirmed)

We will give a deposit (to Ada for this work) and the outstanding amount on completion.

I will hold all monies if we dont hit the magical figure of 2 heads paid for then I will refund any monies paid to me (within 12 days) of their original payment date (less any paypal transaction fees)

To generate the heads we need $460 so Im asking for everyone to pay

$46 dollars deposit for 2 heads (thats for the generation of the head only) you then would pay $50 for 2 casts, thats 2 Becketts, 2 Mckays or a mix thats down to you at the end of the commission process) after 6 months

So to generate something that's not been produced before in the history of Mankind a piece of Stargate Fandom Lore . . .

for just the meagre amount of $96 you can have 2 bespoke custom

Stargate_Atlantis_McKay_Beckett.jpg

heads, The BDU's are being developed

PB123533.jpg

PB123534.jpg

These are pictures of the first prototype, the latest prototype is color matched to Sheppards BDU from Season 1, with alterations to the 'inside cut' of the front panels, rather than outside, and tweaks to the diameter of the sleeves.

Im coming looking for payments from the 10 people listed above. Between 21st December 2009 and 3rd January 2010. If anyone else wants to join their names to that list leave a post under this one, the deadline for this will be the 21st December, if we can make it cheaper per head for everyone then on the 20th of December I will post the new figure required on this thread. But atm the head count is $46 !! on the 21st !!

Expect PM's this week !! :) For those worried please ask some of the members on these boards for their experience of me. Im Genuine and a 1/6th Collector:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bluestardesign/sets/72157619159777439/

For those who simply cant afford to get on board and have already signed up

can you post your withdrawl, so that your names not counted in the final figure request on the 20th

Also please check the lists to show the information for you, quantities, which heads, etc are correct.

Ada will now produce these for $25 a sculpt if we can generate 15 sets (a set is 2 heads)

If you dont want Beckett and McKay have Beckett and Sheppard. Buy any 1/6th sculpt from Ada and have that with a new SGA sculpt . . We need 15 sets to make this $25 a sculpt the confirmed list so far is :

Thunderbird 2 x 1 set (2 x Beckett)
(Anonymous) x 3 sets (that's 6 heads)

https://www.wantedactionfigure.com/shop.asp

So thats 15 sets needed we have 6 confirmed we need another 9

Last edited:
Thats why its 15 people at $25 a sculpt (her current price for sculpts on her site) and no generation fee, dont want to pay for something she will be able to sell on beyond the initial commissioners.

Another name added thx

Thunderbird 2 x 1 set (2 x Beckett)
(anonymous) x 3 sets (that's 6 heads)
ironman1188 x 1 set (2 heads Beckett and McKay)

An update, its looking like a Beckett will be produced by Ada now in a private commision

Also our second prototype SGA Season 1 Col. Sheppard BDU Jacket finished thx to Mazojedi

PC223741.jpg

PC223740.jpg

Back