Hong Kong eBay sellers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChaserFan

Super Freak
Reaction score
Taking advice from Creech in another thread, this is the place to post your good & bad experiences with eBay sellers from Hong Kong.

Who's your go-to seller? Who has the best prices? The best after-sale service? Which seller would you never buy from again?

Just got another package from 'assultrabbit' today. In my opinion he has the cheapest prices of newly released figures, the fastest shipping (EMS in general, but it seems to be quicker with this guy), and the second best packaging (the best being 'clot_master').

You've opened up a can of worms Chaser. You've put your hand up to keep a record of good and bad in your opening post. Hope you're ready for it. Then again you may choose to let the thread run wild.

Bad.
Tony Cheung. Sent me a figure with two of the same accessories. Said he'd fix it, never heard from him again. Pre-ordered an Ironman Mk3 when they first came out. A year later still no figure. Numerous emails sent, No reply. Eventually, began replying saying next month, waited, next month, waited, next month. Finally sent me the wrong Ironman figure. Mk2. All emails stated Mk3. Return to be paid at my expense.

Studio Sunny. Paid for three items, all ready to ship, and was charged shipping for each item individually. Items sent in one package, at a cost $100 below that paid. One small item was packed inside another figures box. So he opened the box. No mention made the item was inside the box. Luckily I opened it at the time. Asked for a refund and was told he was on a business trip. That trip has been going for three months now. Seller chooses to completely ignore my messages, or give some kind of response.

Good.
ABC Express. Have had wrong items arrive. Sent back at sellers expense. Correct items shipped and received. Old preorder failed to arrive. Seller was able to secure the item and ship it on.

Seller gives lower rates for multiple purchases, and mostly sends items separate anyway, when he gets them in. Fixes all problems I've encountered. Tracking is from shipper to door, on most occasions, sometimes just from shipper to point of entry to my country, which isn't his fault, but worth knowing. Boxes are well packed. One item arrived partially banged up. I had the choice of replacement or refund or credit toward next purchase.

Could improve by emailing which item is being sent rather than just an item has been sent. Only confusing when multiple items are being purchased. At least you get some notification.

Store Rooms. Free shipping. Felt ripped off because of dubious item description, being my fault, so I still class them as good to deal with.

Good Shipped. All items arrived in good order but packaging could improve.

Have dealt with others but can't remember their ebay names. Will update if I do.

Efsfhobbies. Cheap prices for particular items. Shipped fast. No problems. Great customer communication. Strives to ensure the customer is fully 5 star pleased.

joeyyamamoto. Cheap prices for particular items. Shipped super fast, considering Christmas (8 days HK-Aust). Excellent packaging. No problems. Tracking provided.

Last edited:
:lol You're right! Depending on how people's posts turn out, maybe it would be better for the thread to run wild. Thought about adding a poll........maybe a bit later?

I think your intent is very noble and will be very informative to many. Good job Chaser.

I'll be interested to see how this thread turns out, I 've been looking at these seller's for some time just haven't dived in yet...thanks guys

Good idea. I've bought several items from HK sellers (all different people & all good deals) so I can't recommend anyone in particular, but it's good to know some alternatives. I've been smashed with some pretty hefty SideShow shipping this year...

Good:

HK Apestore.
THE best I have used and use frequently. Great comms, super fast shipping. Relatively good prices for first batch HT. Excellent.

apes_HK
Also very good, but do not get stock as varied or as quickly as above.

Studio Sunny
Very good, but often slow and shipping can indeed be very high. Always had great comms and good at solving issues, i.e. sending replacements etc.

Frankie-Man-Hi
Another great seller and one to watch, often has scarce rarities in, e.g. CRM Toys, etc.

Goodshipped
Relatively good, but as often heard round here, the shipping was poor.

I have yet to order any of my HT from HK. This seems to be a great thread to start, though

Goodshipped - Bought 3 items from them. Fast service, but shipping materials were shoddy. Styrofoam box crumpled and little white bits dispersed everywhere on my carpet once I unwrapped the outer (thin) paper enclosure.

ABC Express - I can't find any fault with them. Bought 2 items from them on two separate occasions, good service, no problems.

Tony Cheung - Poor communication, slow reply. I've been kept in the dark for weeks as to the status of a supposedly 'shipped' item .

Clot_master - I bought my DX Joker from him during the initial HK release batch. Fast delivery, good packaging.

7toys - Slow inventory update. I bought a few items from them only for them to inform me a week after purchase that those items were no longer in stock.

sweetpig1022 - Prompt replies to my inquiries and questions and has allowed me to cancel pre-orders without hassle on a few occasions. Great pre-order prices (and relatively low EMS shipping rates).

Has anyone purchased from 'toys-museum'?

I only had good experiences with hk sellers, and they are:

studiosunny

manhohole

actiontoyshk2614

toyshomeb2

myfigureschoice2008

goodshipped (although all two truetypes bodies i ordered arrived broken at the knee, and the body itself doesn't look brand new)

7toys7

clot_master: I've bought several HT figures from him & never a problem. Fast shipping & good communication, always get an EMS tracking number. My first go-to for HT new releases.

HK_Apestore: Used them a couple times with no issues. Recommended.

Has anyone purchased from 'toys-museum'?

Yeah, I bought my narrow TT from them. They were good, not great. Communication was to a minimum, & didn't receive a TN for EMS. Packaging wasn't too great, box was damaged (but it's a TT, so I wasn't bothered). Overall, good, but there are others I'd rather buy from.

*waits on Chaser's decoder box sig to return*:monkey3

:rock:rock:rock

Yeah, I bought my narrow TT from them. They were good, not great. Communication was to a minimum, & didn't receive a TN for EMS. Packaging wasn't too great, box was damaged (but it's a TT, so I wasn't bothered). Overall, good, but there are others I'd rather buy from.

Cool, thanks. I was looking around at HT Iron Man BD preorders and toysmuseum was one of the cheapest options.

Cool, thanks. I was looking around at HT Iron Man BD preorders and toysmuseum was one of the cheapest options.

No worries. See that's the thing, you have to balance out the price with the service/packaging. You don't want to pay a cheap price and receive a damaged product. As it is, it's all about trial and error........

I've only ever purchased with ABC-express as far as HK sellers go.
Never had any problem with him so he gets all my bussines for
HT figures.

Back