MMS121 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hot Toys – MMS121 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Limited Edition Collectible Figurine

~ Movie Masterpiece Series ~

Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Whiplash Limited Edition Collectible Figurine from the Iron Man 2 movie. The movie-accurate Whiplash collectible is highly detailed and specially crafted based on the image of Mickey Rourke as Whiplash in the movie, highlighting the newly sculpted head, muscular upper body, patterned tattoos, light-up functions, highly detailed accessories and weapons.
The 1/6th scale Whiplash Limited Edition Collectible Figurine specially features:

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Mickey Rourke as Whiplash in the movie Iron Man 2
- Newly developed head sculpt with real-like facial expression, wrinkles and beard
- Multi-layered stereoscopic hair sculpture with grey highlight on dark brown hair
- Newly developed upper muscular body and arms
- Highly detailed patterned tattoos on neck, upper body, arms, palms and fingers
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Over 30 points of articulations
- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms
- + One (1) pair for holding metal-like whips
- + One (1) pair of fists
- LED chest light (white light, battery operated, battery included)
- Metal-like electricity generator with light-up function at the back
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
Costume:

- Brown-colored jumpsuit with burning effect and holes

- Hydraulic exoskeleton with brown-colored leather-like harness

- Brown-colored leather-like belt with accessories

- One (1) pair of brown-colored buckled boots

Accessories:

- Necklace with cross-shaped pendant

- Figure base with Whiplash nameplate and movie logo

Weapons:

- One (1) pair of metal-like whips with real-like flashes and wires

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun

- Head Painted by JC. Hong

- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

*Product shown is not final, pending licensor approval

**According to Marvel, there are legal implications regarding the orange-color of the pants as shown in the movie. Therefore, the pants’ color in merchandise would vary from that in the movie and would be tuned to brown color accordingly

Release date: end Q2 – early Q3, 2010

© 2010 MVLFFLLC. TM & © 2010

Marvel Entertainment, LLC & subs.

im2whiplashpr1.jpg

im2whiplashpr2.jpg

im2whiplashpr3.jpg

im2whiplashpr4.jpg

im2whiplashpr5.jpg

im2whiplashpr6.jpg

im2whiplashpr7.jpg

im2whiplashpr8.jpg

im2whiplashpr9.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, go figure :lol

I wonder if he is wearing a jumpsuit of a specific team or sponsor and that would require licensing just for his jumpsuit :dunno

The likeness is great. Still having a hard time getting too excited about this one though. Maybe after the movie comes out.

Yeah, go figure :lol

I wonder if he is wearing a jumpsuit of a specific team or sponsor and that would require licensing just for his jumpsuit :dunno

Then remove the logo. No need to change the color. Whatever. I'm still getting it. Looks great.

And the sharks will come to tell what they hate about the figure..... i hope your ready.

(punches the computer ) come on !!!!!

There are some REALLY cool things about the figure... the exoskeleton... the likeness... the tatoos...

I guess it's just not knowing whether this will be his definitive look or not or if they're saving something to surprise us with. Guess we'll know soon enough.

I wonder if the legal implications stem more from the pants being reserved for a specific purpose - like a safety crew or something. Similar to the way cars aren't supposed to have red or blue accessory lights because people might confuse them with the police. How that relates to a figure... I don't know.

Frankly I think the brown looks better anyway.

There are some REALLY cool things about the figure... the exoskeleton... the likeness... the tatoos...

I guess it's just not knowing whether this will be his definitive look or not or if they're saving something to surprise us with. Guess we'll know soon enough.

I wonder if the legal implications stem more from the pants being reserved for a specific purpose - like a safety crew or something. Similar to the way cars aren't supposed to have red or blue accessory lights because people might confuse them with the police. How that relates to a figure... I don't know.

Frankly I think the brown looks better anyway.

During hunting season, I can go to any clothier around here and buy a set of orange pants. There's got to be way more too this, and I for one am eager to find out what.

good boy, buttmunch. good boy. :lol

those pics are pretty damn impressive. i will definitely be getting this. the pants color really doesn't bother me that much tbh cuz you can still tell what they are, and if anything, they could just look like a weathered orange in real life...idk just not that big a deal imo.
anyway, awesome lookin figure and an easy buy.

good boy, buttmunch. good boy. :lol

those pics are pretty damn impressive. i will definitely be getting this. the pants color really doesn't bother me that much tbh cuz you can still tell what they are, and if anything, they could just look like a weathered orange in real life...idk just not that big a deal imo.
anyway, awesome lookin figure and an easy buy.

Yeah, it takes time to load these things. I don't know how Wookster does it so often! :lol

Back