SDCC2010 Gentle Giant Pan's Labyrinth Exclusive Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got this email tonight. I'm really looking forward to getting both of these to add to my other Fawn bust. Only available at the show, no PO's.

productDetail.png

From acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo Del Toro comes a dark fairy tale about a young girl named Ofelia, who enters a mysterious labyrinth and finds herself at the center of a ferocious battle between good and evil.

The Faun was ordered to open the portals throughout the mortal world, including a forest in Spain, one that has stood for thousands of years. It was there that the Faun took root, patiently awaiting the Princess's return.

Meet director Guillermo Del Toro and actor Doug Jones (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy) at the Gentle Giant booth!

productDetail.png

From acclaimed filmmaker Guillermo Del Toro comes a dark fairy tale about a young girl named Ofelia, who enters a mysterious labyrinth and finds herself at the center of a ferocious battle between good and evil.

The Pale Man; who gorged on excess was banished to a den in the netherworld. Unable to feast on the banquet before him, his body shriveled and his humanity withered away. His only sustenance was the blood of innocents. A meal he relished in hunting himself. He kept a watchful eye over a dagger with a hilt of gold, for he feared it to be the only object that could cause him harm. In truth it's presence kept him alive. Once the blade was removed, he collapsed unto himself and faded from existence.

Meet director Guillermo Del Toro and actor Doug Jones (Pan's Labyrinth, Hellboy)at the Gentle Giant booth!

I can just imagine the GG booth when it comes time for autos ... :thud: :horror

First thing in a long time that interests me from them.

I'm just praying that I have a shot at the post con offering...

Crap!!
I want both of those and I was expecting GG to let them Preorder...
I missed out on the 2008 bust and I've always regreted it...
I hope some are still available on Thursday since I don't have a preview night tickect... :banghead

By the way, they look amazing!!!! :rock!!

And if I get the chance to meet Guillermo I would seriously faint!!! :lol

Both look very good... Faun might be a tad too friendly looking, but aside from that they're spot on :rock

I'd love to see Sideshow offer a Faun, after seeing the work they did on Man-Thing I think they'd knock a Faun maquette out of the park.

nice, but more busts?
when is a company going to produce full sculpts of these awesome characters?

nice, but more busts?
when is a company going to produce full sculpts of these awesome characters?

They have the sculpts, but sadly they also fall into the ever-growing pile of never produced GG stuff. :monkey2

I still kick myself for missing the signed bust a few years back :gah:, not this time. :monkey4

Hey Sam,

These will be the first thing I'm headed towards during preview night.

PM me your cell number and I'll make sure we both get a set... provided limit isn't maxed at one.
Thanks, Scott. But I can guarantee there's a limit of 1 on these just like the previous Pan bust.
You could save me a spot in line *should* you beat me...

:nana:

And I'll do the same for you. :D

:monkey3

Yeah, these are great. Unfortunately I won't be at the show and I'm not paying secondary market prices, so I guess I'll do without. One of the few things from GG that interests me anymore.

Got 'em both secured. :rock
How???... Where???...

They have the sculpts, but sadly they also fall into the ever-growing pile of never produced GG stuff. :monkey2

I still kick myself for missing the signed bust a few years back :gah:, not this time. :monkey4

Ditto... and here's the 2008 Faun statue... it looked awesome... "monkey2

Fauno1.jpg

Which is odd that they would develop new sculpts, while old ones are left undone.

Also Gentle Giant... but it was a very limited (150pcs) signed bust.

pana.jpg

I hate you!!!! :crying

Yeah, these are great. Unfortunately I won't be at the show and I'm not paying secondary market prices, so I guess I'll do without. One of the few things from GG that interests me anymore.

Honestly, I doubt these are going to go for huge secondary market prices. One of the original Faun busts didn't even sell for $200.00 on ebay recently and these have over 3 times the es and aren't guaranteed to be signed. I don't think these will be that difficult to get.

Honestly, I doubt these are going to go for huge secondary market prices. One of the original Faun busts didn't even sell for $200.00 on ebay recently and these have over 3 times the es and aren't guaranteed to be signed. I don't think these will be that difficult to get.

Makes sense. I'll have to keep my eyes open after SDCC. Perhaps GG will sell extras not sold at the con on their website.

I hate you!!!! :crying

Don't, I paid a premium and essentially broke even when I sold him earlier in the year. Its a great piece, but I don't collect mini-busts so it was out of place.

And I agree with Banny... I don't think these will skyrocket in value, if they sell out it may just take a bit of time for the secondary market to cool enough and they'll likely be available at retail.

Back