1/6 Robocain ALL ALLOY... Awesomeness!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it's not completed yet? Man how long would it take to get that done. It is insane looking. I can't wait to see the end result. That's just crazy.

So it's not completed yet? Man how long would it take to get that done. It is insane looking. I can't wait to see the end result. That's just crazy.

I thought exactly the same thing and then when i looked at how he is making it i was even more in awe as all he uses is a small metal lathe and a small benchtop milling machine! Crazy, crazy skills....

Been keeping up with it over on OSW. He's been working on that for awhile now. Amazing patience and attention to detail.

yeps, candyman is keeping updates in the OSW boards. the time and effort....it sure is worth the squeeze. :]

There is absolutely no way in hell there would be enough people to buy it, to make RoboCain even remotely profitable for HT. Especially on that level. :lol

^not to mention difficult to mass produce on their behalf. custom built is the way to go.haha

well, ht made the batmobile/tumbler at a production-cost loss and it wasn't a huge seller. yet they still made it. so one can still hope for a ht robocain.

in any case, this guy's work is phenomenal. :bow
wonder how much he would charge if he agreed to sell it...

i've been following this guy's project and yeah HT can't do what he's doing. for one, those legs would have to be some kind of machined metal to support a 1:6 scale version (the actual studio puppets were 1:12 and smaller). and two, you wouldn't be able to afford it. basically, it's cheaper to buy or make your own CNC machine and then just make your own figures. which i've actually been considering since i have access to that stuff.

My god! this is AWESOME! I wonder how much it costs.
if you have to ask, you couldn't afford it. same rule as buying ferraris.
and i'm guessing it isn't for sale.
The first thing that came to mind when I looked at this is " The ENDOSKELETON this guy could make would be to die for" :lol The man has serious talent.
an endoskeleton would be a cake-walk compared to building cain.

Been following this over at OSW for months now, Candyman has some SERIOUS talent :rock

Kindest regards
Tys

if you have to ask, you couldn't afford it. same rule as buying ferraris.
and i'm guessing it isn't for sale.

I already asked and he will sell it when its complete BUT like a ferrari it will be top dollar...... :horror

Although considering the build and time taken scratch building it, it will be a one of a kind piece that probably goes a little further than just having as a nice addition for your 1/6 collection.

Haven't checked that thread in a while, glad to see he's still plugging along.

And man, has he ever made a lot of progress. The last time I checked I think one of the feet had been completed. Really looks like he'll make it to the end.

Last edited:
I already asked and he will sell it when its complete BUT like a ferrari it will be top dollar...... :horror

Although considering the build and time taken scratch building it, it will be a one of a kind piece that probably goes a little further than just having as a nice addition for your 1/6 collection.
after he gets the build completed, it wouldn't be that much harder to make multiples of it. he could recast most of it and sell it as a kit and get decent $$. there is definitely a market for this kind of thing.

well, ht made the batmobile/tumbler at a production-cost loss and it wasn't a huge seller. yet they still made it. so one can still hope for a ht robocain.

in any case, this guy's work is phenomenal. :bow
wonder how much he would charge if he agreed to sell it...

With interest in RoboCop at an all time low, and the majority of collectors nowadays _____ing about paying $200 for a predator, I HIGHLY DOUBT HT would do Cain. You won't be able to touch this for Tumbler prices and that severely narrows it down to a VERY small minority.

HT gave us the Power-Loader and ED-209...2 of my BIGGEST all-time large-scale dream figures in 1/6. Still can't believe it sometimes, but they did, and I've got them! :yess:

That said, I would still LOVE an HT Robocain and IRON MONGER. Those are my other 2 big 1/6 large-scale figure wants. Please HT, make it happen! :pray:

Back