Anyone else bummed about the Obi-Wan delay?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swiftlikessharpthings

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was hoping to get Ewan Obi-Wan next to fight my Anakin. Let's all hope this means SS is trying to tweak and fix some of Anakin's (supposed) problems for the 'Sith Eyes' SDCC exclusive, yes?

Yeah, I was hoping he would make it before SDCC but rather a delay than something get messed up.

Don't expect Qui-Gon before the end of the year... so you can space the rest out accordingly.

swiftlikessharpthings said:
I was hoping to get Ewan Obi-Wan next to fight my Anakin. Let's all hope this means SS is trying to tweak and fix some of Anakin's (supposed) problems for the 'Sith Eyes' SDCC exclusive, yes?

Based on past comic-cons (and accidents with the newsletter :rotfl ), ole Sith Eyes is probably either already in the Sideshow warehouse or on the boat coming already!

Yeah, August is a long time to wait for Obi Wan... also I didn't want the Kit Fisto so that'll be a big gap between Ani and Obi. Luckily I have the SDCC Vader and Subject 5 to tide me over :monkey1

Here's my question...

Obi-Wan is the only 12 inch figure mentioned in the list of delays. Does this mean Obi's being shuffled later in the line and everything else is still on track? Or is Sideshow just not venturing a guess on when everything post-Kenobi will ship?

If it's the latter, then I guess I can expect not to receive Mace until Thanksgiving at this rate... :banghead

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Here's my question...

Obi-Wan is the only 12 inch figure mentioned in the list of delays. Does this mean Obi's being shuffled later in the line and everything else is still on track? Or is Sideshow just not venturing a guess on when everything post-Kenobi will ship?

If it's the latter, then I guess I can expect not to receive Mace until Thanksgiving at this rate... :banghead

I'm sure they are all being pushed back.

Well I had a full head of hair before they announced Obiwan is pushed back. Then I pulled it all out and gnashed my teeth a bit..

I am all good now.

I just dont hope we end up with 4 or 5 figures shipping in one month..my CC cant handle that!

Thank the Maker. With the line being pushed back this far I may yet not have to give up any figures. *fingers crossed*

I live for new previews and pre-order days anyway, not actually getting the figures (though that may change if my Luke or Anakin actually arrive someday.) :rotfl

kingdarkness03 said:
I just dont hope we end up with 4 or 5 figures shipping in one month..my CC cant handle that!

Me too. I figure the best solution is to save hard cash specifically for these figures and then dump it into the CC when Sideshow tells me to.

Having JUST received my Anakin today, I do have to admit that I am a 'bit' bummed that Ob-Wan has been pushed back to August, but I'd rather that this be done to maintain/exceed quality instead of getting a half-assed, rushed figure. ROTS Obi-Wan is one of the figures in this line I'm MOST excited about getting! If this will allow for a HIGH QUALITY production run, then I'm all for it!

:chew

BTW, the robotic arm included with Anakin, AMAZING! The paint application, NOWHERE NEAR as bad as some preview photos let on. The dark hair/dark lips don't actually bother me 'that' much...although I may modify it at some point. The only thing I wish was a little more solid...his right arm keeps falling off! D'OH!!!

:rolleyes:

I'm kinda sad. I wasn't getting him, but I was eager to see him done. I think that it's just Obi-Wan that's being pushed back, not the whole line, so we should still see Kit Fisto in July (hopefully) and then Han in August also. But this might push Mace back :(

I'm guessing the the production prototype from the manufacturer wasn't satisfactory and they have to fix it a lot. This is a pretty big delay.

This is my most-wanted figure/doll in years, so the delay is a bit frustrating. Still, as "bummed" as this makes me, it's only a month or two, and if that's what it takes for the figure to be perfect, I'm OK with it.

As long as the delay helps them correct potential problems. I hope this doesn't push all the figures back. I knew they wouldn't be able to ship 3 figures in 1 month. It's kind of funny because they said they were doing all these pre-orders to "catch up," but now they are still getting behind. It is kind of frustrating having all these pre-orders and only one figure has shipped with another shipping now. They keep putting up pre-orders though. I would say the hype is going to die down at some point but I think I know better now.

Not bummed in the least. My poor bank account needs the down time to replenish and I'll be moving that month anyway, so it all works out.

Obi-Wan is my most anticipated figure of the line so far and I cannot wait to have him, but I can wait if it means a better figure and less strain on my Card. I also think that it means that the entire line is going to be pushed back a little... and that is cool IMO. :cool:

I still have it ordered, it will still get here.... :chew

DarkArtist81 said:
Not bummed in the least. My poor bank account needs the down time to replenish and I'll be moving that month anyway, so it all works out.

Obi-Wan is my most anticipated figure of the line so far and I cannot wait to have him, but I can wait if it means a better figure and less strain on my Card. I also think that it means that the entire line is going to be pushed back a little... and that is cool IMO. :cool:

I still have it ordered, it will still get here.... :chew

Same here Josh...I know he coming eventually...so if I have to wait a bit longer not that big of deal...

I'm bummed as hell, but will be patient.

But know this, SSC... we now expect PERFECTION.

Something must be afoot when the figure is suddenly delayed at least a month just weeks before it was previously scheduled to ship.

I just hope it's not a capacity issue, because that would indeed push ALL of the figures back. :cool: :emperor

I just hope SS is not following in the footsteps of MR.

Back