SCUMMY EBAYER, PLEASE ADVISE!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LOTRFan

The Grey Pilgrim
Reaction score
Seller Backed Out on Ebay, Please Advise

I just purchased an Orc Warrior statue from eBay seller frodo2375. I bought the item for well under the going rate, and now the seller refuses to send the item. The seller refunded my money that I paid with PayPal (minus the fees), but I want the item!

I contacted PayPal, but because he refunded the money; they can't get involved. EBay on the other hand most certainly will, any thing else I can do ... (aside from :emperor :maul :archer :007 :lightsabe :stake)

Last edited:
eBay won't force the seller to sell the item to you. I went through the same thing with another item I won legitimately. eBay policy specifically states a Seller can refuse to sell an item to any buyer.

pjam said:
eBay won't force the seller to sell the item to you. I went through the same thing with another item I won legitimately. eBay policy specifically states a Seller can refuse to sell an item to any buyer.

You have to be kidding! So I can win, purchase and complete my end of the transaction and the seller can still back out!?

I have reported him, hopefully something will be done! :monkey4

LordAzrael said:
Pretty much. Your only recourse is to leave negative feedback.

Yeah, and then I will receive the obligatory retaliation! :rolleyes: :monkey4

Was it this Orc Overseer?

I can't understand why the seller would put in a buy-it-now price of $ 110 if he didn't wanna sell it for that price...:confused:

I can only imagine that he probably goofed copying his listings, he also sold a Merry Bust for $ 110 buy-it-now here as well as a Fellbeast for $ 110 buy-it-now here :horror

I just had a similar problem with an auction where I bought an UC Hadafang sword & an Arwen bust together for $ 129. I immediately sent payment, but did not get the item. When I contacted the seller asking when I could expect the shipment, he immediately refunded me the money saying something like "I'm sorry you're not happy, here's your refund"...

I insisted in getting the item and it worked our somewhat well in the end, but I guess he just wanted to take the opportunity to back out after seeing the price was below his expectations.

On another topic:

LOTRFan said:
The seller refunded my money that I paid with PayPal (minus the fees)

If he would have done the refund properly, none of you would have lost a cent in fees... If you got fees deducted, that means he sent you a payment instead of a refund - or he deducted "fees" himself.

pjam said:

Where does ebay policy state this?

Here is their "Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described Policy" policy:

eBay's Item Not Received or Significantly Not as Described policy requires sellers to deliver items they have sold on eBay and have received payment for. Sellers who fail to deliver items to buyers, or who deliver items which are "significantly not as described", may face possible account restriction and suspension. An item is considered "significantly not as described" if the seller clearly misrepresents the item in a way that directly affects its value or usability. In some cases, eBay will also contact and cooperate with law enforcement to penalize fraudulent sellers.

Buyers can open disputes for items they purchase on eBay which are either not received or are received but are significantly not as described.

Thanks goliath, that is in fact my auction. :monkey2

I can almost guarantee that the buyers of both the Merry bust and Fellbeast are getting the same response from this seller.

As for eBay's policy, it seems pretty clear to me:

SELLER NON-PERFORMANCE , clearly this seller has violated the rules. :emperor

As an outsider to the situation here's my take:

Accidents happen, lighten up. It's not like it was a 7 day auction that ran its course, ended low, and the seller backed out. He made a mistake in his listing for which he should apologize for but I think (however dissapointed you are in not getting one of these great prices) you should have a little understanding about the situation and not call him names like scumbag.

Jesse

Jesseawilson said:

Accidents happen, lighten up. It's not like it was a 7 day auction that ran its course, ended low, and the seller backed out. He made a mistake in his listing for which he should apologize for but I think (however dissapointed you are in not getting one of these great prices) you should have a little understanding about the situation and not call him names like scumbag.

Jesse

You are right, that was a bit strong. :eek: Never type a title in the heat of the moment. However, from his emails it is quite clear that he will not be making good on his end of the contract. I am not sure that the time factor is really a good indicator, it doesn't matter certainly to eBay and their policy.

LOTRFan said:
Yeah, and then I will receive the obligatory retaliation! :rolleyes: :monkey4

Yeah, that's what sucks about eBay. Plus, Their only concern is to make lots of $$$.

I seen his auctions, I was like :google when I saw how much he sold his MLnFB statue. What I would do is contact the other people that got screwed as well. You might receive a negative, but he'll get 4 of them and possibly banned from eBay.

Jesseawilson said:

Jesse

If I understand this correctly, the buyer was refunded but not the whole amount he paid i.e. minus sellers fees. IMO this is a scumbag because the seller didn't redeem themselves and give a full refund.

Well he finally did pony up for the full amount, but ....

My item was re-listed, as were the FB and Merry bust, and the buyer of those two was a member here if I remember correctly.

Shame .... :monkey4

same thing happened to me awhile back. won a color PF Frankenstein for $65 (auction ran it's course. it was listed in a weird category so it didn't get alotta hits). buyer refunded the money. when i pressed the matter, they said their son had broken it during a fight (they had sold it w/o his knowledge. it was his. good cover story if it wasn't true lol). so i coulda gotten Ebay involved to put pressure on them, and possibly get a broken piece. or drop it. i dropped. never saw them relist it.

Several months ago I won a Newborn Uruk Hai for $305, fair and square, auction, 7 days, ran its course.

I waited for an invoice, then after several days finally asked for a shipping quote so I could send payment.

Dude tells me he is traveling currently, his cleaning company broke the item, he was very mad at them, also damaged his Cave Troll... :monkey1

I asked to see pictures, telling him that I might still buy it off of him, depending on the damage. I only asked because the story felt too convenient. And of course the wife had already thrown the item in the trash. Bull****! I also hunted his feedback for clues of which I found 1 or 2 indicators of not so honest dealings.

Anyway, I left neutral feedback "Seems 2 have bad luck, svrl times has had breakages, then calls off the auction"
Seller extremecinema ( 535) Jan-03-06 19:17 6588036105
Reply by extremecinema: Living in a house w/ children & careless housecleaners, this is NOT unusual !! "

Then the guy fires off a nasty email to me, I write back and then he swears at me. Idiot...:emperor

For every 5 decent eBayers, there's one idiot. I won't even get into my Sting Museum UC story... (at least not now :))

need urgent help, cutlao has sold me a set of lotr statues here is the link :

https://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8282879803&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.at%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D8282879803%26fvi%3D1

today i got my package , and 3 things are broken (actually no big deal, must be the transport, will contact them on monday) but there are a few things missing in the set :

1x Original Balrog
1x Cave Troll
2x Moria Orc Archer
1x Moria Orc Swordsman
2x Smeagol
1x Sauron
1x orc soldier bust
1x uruk scout bust

about 12 or 13 things i am missing, i am sure he did not sent these items as every package was numbered from 1/27 to 27/27 so i mailed him here is the answer

'm sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the items. I can assure you the items were not in that condition when I sent them. There was always the risk that something would get damaged whilst in transit and obviously I cannot prevent this any more than I did.

I see that you have only sent pictures of a couple of the damaged items, however I do believe you that they were damaged in transit.

This kind of thing is almost inevitible when sending so many packages abroad.

As for the items you are claiming that are missing, I don't know what has happened to these.

I'm sorry but it perhaps wasn't a good idea having the items sent uninsured.
I know it's easy to say that now but I should have insisted upon it to make sure if anything like this happened, then the items were covered.

I don't know what else Ic an say.

regards

Martin

so what should i don now? somebody leave near postcode : oili sdu(right?)
also got his adress, or does someone know a lawyer in the uk?

send me a pm please
cya harry

Oh, good grief!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :google

Suddenly my situation looks much more rosey (*I did get in contact with eBay today as well)

Wow, there were quite a few threads warning people about this fella, I don't know what to say.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wetahunter said:
need urgent help, cutlao has sold me a set of lotr statues here is the link :

https://cgi.ebay.at/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8282879803&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.at%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D8282879803%26fvi%3D1

today i got my package , and 3 things are broken (actually no big deal, must be the transport, will contact them on monday) but there are a few things missing in the set :

1x Original Balrog
1x Cave Troll
2x Moria Orc Archer
1x Moria Orc Swordsman
2x Smeagol
1x Sauron
1x orc soldier bust
1x uruk scout bust

about 12 or 13 things i am missing, i am sure he did not sent these items as every package was numbered from 1/27 to 27/27 so i mailed him here is the answer

so what should i don now? somebody leave near postcode : oili sdu(right?)
also got his adress, or does someone know a lawyer in the uk?

send me a pm please
cya harry

Good thing you two passed on the Ebay fees by setting up a 99 cent auction... This won't be a big help in claiming money back.

But quite honestly, what did you expect? You were involved in the discussions about this seller earlier here: thread

Don't say you haven't been warned.

I would never have had a collection of this size mailed to me, no way - and specially not with this seller.

Back