1/6 Hot Toys - MMS681 - Episode II: Attack of The Clones - Mace Windu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He does look a little better in the SS video. Definitely needs a water treatment for those poofy, stiff looking clothes.
He'll look better in some photos and worse in others
I think its shortsighted to compare a 1/6 scale figure to a real photo of the actor and call it bad. Not all bloggers use perfect lighting and not all photos are a true reflection of what it looks like with the human eye

I've done great portrait photos or meh sculpts that look great and show the likeness well.

Not excusing the sculpt :lol but I don't think its as bad as everyone says

Looks better here...still not great though, they botched this one badly.

Love the look of all the armored Jedi together though.

Same, and god knows if/when we'll get another Mace.
Yeah the general shape seems to give a better illusion in shadowy lighting. Makes me feel a bit more hopeful. In that video the main glaring issue was the eye squint

Im really torn about keeping my order for this. I feel like this is our only chance at this figure. Everyone's saying they'll make a 2.0, Im not so sure. I know they just did a 2.0 of Darth Maul, but Mace Windu is NOT Darth Maul. Even with a perfect sculpt, probably only half the people buying Maul were gonna get Mace. And we got a new Ahsoka figure but thats based on the TV show. Ahsoka has new content coming out. Mace doesn't have that.

Since Mace didn't go to waitlist and the final product is disappointing, it probably has a small production. It might start to disappear or it could hang around cause people don't want it. Either way HT is not gonna consider this to be a hit. I don't think they have a lot of motivation to do a 2.0

His outfit doesn't change. They already gave him the clone armor parts. The only real upgrade they could give him, besides a new sculpt is rolling eyes. Theres not a lot to differentiate a new release from the old release. So HT will look at this and say "We've already covered every available option and it wasn't a huge seller- we're done."

Our best hope is maybe we'll get a better sculpt from a 3rd party, like we got with Peacemaker.

What if next year Hot Toys makes a two pack of Mace and Palps "I'm the Senate" outfit, compelling those to buy who preordered both this Mace, ROTS Sidious, and/or Clone Wars Sidious? And with better headsculpt? I'd buy that immediately lol.

What if next year Hot Toys makes a two pack of Mace and Palps "I'm the Senate" outfit, compelling those to buy who preordered both this Mace, ROTS Sidious, and/or Clone Wars Sidious? And with better headsculpt? I'd buy that immediately lol.
Well that won't happen since Hot Toys hasn't done a two pack with different characters in god knows how long. I don't know why people keep suggesting it (not a shot at you), I feel like they just never do it.

An I am the Senate Palpatine would be my desired version of the character and kind of why I'm leaning more towards the CW version of him over the ROTS one.

Yes, I do wonder what happened to Myenshi. Hopefully they’re ok and just walked away from the forum. He and I had some good conversations in the past.

Rather than get worked up now like I used to, I just put ppl on ignore that post too much negativity. It’s easier that way.
I believe someone has done the same to me a couple months ago actually 😅 but from a potential misunderstanding rather any actual malice made towards them

I believe FlyandFight passed away unfortunately. It was around NewYears if I remember correctly.

Was a worried a bit about Myenshi, because he is also a member at Rebelscum and went completely silent there as well.

He and I have had PM discussions for years since HT announced the TCW license, and the last time he was MIA for a few months he just told me he had some personal stuff going on and that was that. He gave me his email address, maybe I should shoot him an email.

So sorry to hear about FlyandFight, had no idea about that one either.

Well that won't happen since Hot Toys hasn't done a two pack with different characters in god knows how long. I don't know why people keep suggesting it (not a shot at you), I feel like they just never do it.

An I am the Senate Palpatine would be my desired version of the character and kind of why I'm leaning more towards the CW version of him over the ROTS one.

Yeah this isn't Hasbro lol, and we won't get two packs of two popular characters. Our two packs going forward will probably be trooper based.

Honestly the B1 Battle Droids are perfect for this, but not sure we'll see that.

Im really torn about keeping my order for this. I feel like this is our only chance at this figure. Everyone's saying they'll make a 2.0, Im not so sure. I know they just did a 2.0 of Darth Maul, but Mace Windu is NOT Darth Maul. Even with a perfect sculpt, probably only half the people buying Maul were gonna get Mace. And we got a new Ahsoka figure but thats based on the TV show. Ahsoka has new content coming out. Mace doesn't have that.

Since Mace didn't go to waitlist and the final product is disappointing, it probably has a small production. It might start to disappear or it could hang around cause people don't want it. Either way HT is not gonna consider this to be a hit. I don't think they have a lot of motivation to do a 2.0

His outfit doesn't change. They already gave him the clone armor parts. The only real upgrade they could give him, besides a new sculpt is rolling eyes. Theres not a lot to differentiate a new release from the old release. So HT will look at this and say "We've already covered every available option and it wasn't a huge seller- we're done."

Our best hope is maybe we'll get a better sculpt from a 3rd party, like we got with Peacemaker.

Similar thoughts, one of the reasons why I also ordered the Mace Windu PF statue from Sideshow. Took them 30 years to make a single Premium Format of Mace, while Maul has gotten 3 Premium Formats and 2 Mythos statues.

Maul is the most popular (money and marketing) character from the PT, he'll always pop up, I'm just not sure when/if we'll get a Mace again.

The Darth Sidious MMS 745 – Episode III head sculpt definitely doesn’t look that bad. 🤔🤷‍♂️

"I'll buy it, it is good enough" - that might work when the figure was for $90, not $390. Keep supporting HT in this lazy *** job ... again, I hope InArt will get SW license and kick HT ***.

The did do the the Knightmare Batman and Superman sometime in the past couple of years...

No way....seriously? I had some really good conversations with him, I had no idea. Never connected with him outside of the forum, although I had hoped to. That's terrible, I'm very sorry to see that.
Yeah, unfortunately FlyAndFlight passed away sometime last year. A couple of posters in one of the Star Trek threads talked to him outside of the message board and were told by his wife that he had passed.

Back