BHD -001 Bounty Hunter Droid MK-1 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All

Well it's been to bloody long since I've been here and after a little SW customizers block I'm back.

I had a few of the old Hasbro Battle and Pit Droids in the bits box and decided to make something out of them enjoy and comments always welcome.

Ron.

WIP Pics

Picture016-3.jpg

Picture018-1.jpg

BHD-001

After the fall of the Jedi Order the Empire put Bounties on all surviving Jedi's and their allies. One Bounty Hunter named Heltom Kehlin took on several jobs trying to track down the Jedi but the problem was the galaxy is a huge place, he was successful in a few captures and deaths but needed help.

He decided that he needed a partner but didn't want to share his profits and decided to get a droid to help him out, after looking at several models and not happy with them he decided to create his own. While looking thru junkyards and srcapheaps he noticed that there was an amazing abundance of used and destroyed Battle Droids left over from the war.

It was then he decided that he would make his droid out of old Battle Droid parts as there were plenty around for spare parts and they were very cheap. He set about creating a droid from used parts and came up with the BHD-001. Giving the droid the capability to think for it's self the droid turned out to very useful in helping capture the bounties they went after.

RECIPE

Figure - The figure is from Hasbro and has parts from the Battle Droid figure and also the Pit Droid as well, I have also used 1/35 scale parts for alot of the smaller details. The extra plating is from the Jango Fett figure from Hasbro and also pieces of plasti card, the tubing and wiring are from the bits box.

Base - The base is from a Indiana Jones figure from Sideshow and has been built up using putty then once dry it was painted and fine washed river sand was used to cover it. The droid and base were painted using GW and Vallejo paints and weathered using Vallejo paints and pastels.

bhd1.jpg

bhd2.jpg

bhd6.jpg

bhd3.jpg

bhd5.jpg

bhd4.jpg

Ron

master hemble back in Da' house........................:yess:

and yea that weathering is off the charts as usual..........:lecture

Hi All

Guys thanks for the replies and and kind words and it's great being back doing SW stuff again.

Dorgs if you haven't tried pastels mate go get yourself some I have found that they really add alot of realism to models and they last a long long time as well.

Ron

Wow mate that is awesome. I was trying to picture it when you told me about it and it's far better than what i pictured. Great backstory as well now you just need to make the bounty hunter :wink1:

Hi All

Hewer - Cheers Ian and I'm thinking of a design for him but I'll see how it turns out first and I'm almost completed a 1/6 Rebel snow trooper with a little twist of WW2 and SW mixture.

rfr5671 - Thanks mate and it's really good to be back.

Ron

Last edited:
Back