InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gandalf admittedly distracted me for the past couple of weeks, but I'm still just as excited to get this guy in-hand. I know it's gonna take a long while -- especially since I was one of Kit's last batches -- and that's fine. Patience is an unfortunate necessity in this hobby. I'm approaching the point where I'll have more figures than (comfortable) shelf space, so this gives me time to fiddle with the display and determine who's going back in the box to make room for Batman.

2/2

I do put effort into making my videos. But the numbers aren’t there. I don’t know, maybe my style sucks? Even if it’s not the standard 30-40min “static box shots-accessories breakdown-portrait section-comparison-neutral pose-final thoughts”…I guess people really don’t care about my videos with decently posed figures (well ‘decently posed’ imo, people can think they’re crap for all I’m aware😅)? I started and chose this style because everyone else was doing the SAME EXACT THING. Not knocking on them…but a little variety would be nice yknow?

Or Is it also because I’m “late to the party” because I didn’t spend extra money to get those early HK HT releases so I can be one of the first to review them…like what Justin did with his former relationship with TWL?

In my early YT days, the first video that broke 10k views in a few days was Civil Wars Cap America. That’s because I spent the extra $100 to get it early from an EBay seller. It was cool to have that exposure at first…but I thought: this can’t be sustainable. Unless I’m super rich or have a sponsorship with a seller, there’s no way to keep up with this. Plus I didn’t want to be another cog in the scalper machine.

Good thing I’m not doing these videos to make a living. I would’ve quit a long time ago. I guess I just don’t have the ‘hustle’ in me. But the ‘filmmaker’ or ‘artistic’ side of me would like a bit more exposure. And being last in line is really not helping. Which also explains why I passed on doing certain reviews: I received them so late i just didn’t have the passion anymore.

Then again there have been other YTers that came out later than me and their sub and view count shot up like crazy, so maybe my way of reviewing really isn’t striking a chord with anyone?

Apologies for whining. It’s been on my chest for a long time now. I know the usual “suck it up” or “work on your hustle”.

I will say though, the subs I have currently and the small amount of views I get does put a smile on my face. I mean, at least someone out there is enjoying my work.

Whine and cheese section over. Please, carry on 😇
Bro I will say when I discovered your channel It was a joy to watch just cause your style was new and I felt the passion for the characters. Your Asmus DMC 4 Dante vid is what got me into watching your vids. Though I still have yet to sub. Lol but keep going bud take ques from other reviews in terms of lighting and background like I Am Toys does great videos also for example.

That protuberance at the back annoys me too much. It's a silly oversight. Don't think it had to be that exaggerated to allow for articulation. And honestly I'd rather the gap be at the chin.

Did @Jedha Patrol say he popped the eyes and mouthplate onto the loose cowl? Is that effectively an identicle, compatible sculpt? That would encourage me at least to try modding it myself without much fear of something going wrong.

View attachment 701650

This is something I want to know also.

protuberance

... Protuberance...

46c9fd4e7138f46156a4907aebfb42d8_w200.gif

Bro I will say when I discovered your channel It was a joy to watch just cause your style was new and I felt the passion for the characters. Your Asmus DMC 4 Dante vid is what got me into watching your vids. Though I still have yet to sub. Lol but keep going bud take ques from other reviews in terms of lighting and background like I Am Toys does great videos also for example.

Thanks for the words of encouragement man, they really mean a lot 😁🥹

Back