JND Studios: Superman (Christopher Reeve) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it depends on what you want to achieve. If you're disappointed, you let your opinion be known, you withhold you financial support - what more do you want to do by returning again and again to repeat the same opinions? Why waste your time? Why not spend your time focusing on a product you do like, and be excited - rather than being angry and negative?

This is my definition of "toxic" - once someone has made their point, the only reason a person will stick around is to try to influence others to support their opinion. It's like trying to find justification for whatever negativity by having others agree......then the arguments begin, normally when someone disagrees, and then the negative individual feels motivated to continue the crusade......in the end, nobody wins - everyone has a sh1t experience - hence, "toxic"......
Lol, no one here is looking to "influence" anyone. I'm a massive Reeve Superman fan and a statue collector who's simply commenting on a new statue that's been revealed, and then revised months later. And I felt like expressing my opinion like everyone else here. And if that requires more than just one post, or offering a different criticism that I did the first time (because again, this is a character and portrayal I care a great deal about) then so be it.

Lol, no one here is looking to "influence" anyone. I'm a massive Reeve Superman fan and a statue collector who's simply commenting on a new statue that's been revealed, and then revised months later. And I felt like expressing my opinion like everyone else here. And if that requires more than just one post, or offering a different criticism that I did the first time (because again, this is a character and portrayal I care a great deal about) then so be it.

I'm not sure why, but you seem to be taking my general statements personally. As I've predicted in my posts, it won't lead to anything positive, as these types of exchange rarely do.

I don't begrudge you feeling disappointed, and I don't begrudge your negative opinions on this piece. If I was a moderator, I wouldn't restrict or limit your comments on this thread either. My point is twofold, firstly, now that you've aired your feelings, what has changed in JND's actions towards the statue? Nothing, It continues to disappoint you, and you will continue to be annoyed by their actions (this is a negative emotional state), secondly, what about the people who are excited about the piece? Collectors who are also huge fans of the actor and the character - those people haven't done anything wrong, and maybe come to the thread to share and enjoy the build up to getting the piece, but instead are met with a wall of negative posts.....being reminded, again and again that they're purchasing a flawed product, that the product doesn't meet certain peoples standards, etc......don't those collectors count?....

Sure, a forum is a shared community, but that means we have a responsibility to care about the type of environment we create, for ourselves and those around us.

I'll step away from this thread now, as someone already pointed out - in responding I'm guilty of doing the very thing I'm trying to avoid.....and if I state that I like the piece, and would buy it (after the changes), therefore having skin in the game, and an interest in keeping this thread positive - I'll no doubt be labelled a shill or fanboy.....again, negativity heaped on negativity......

Last edited:
I'm not sure why, but you seem to be taking my general statements personally. As I've predicted in my posts, it won't lead to anything positive, as these types of exchange rarely do.

I don't begrudge you feeling disappointed, and I don't begrudge your negative opinions on this piece. If I was a moderator, I wouldn't restrict or limit your comments on this thread either. My point is twofold, firstly, now that you've aired your feelings, what has changed in JND's actions towards the statue? Nothing, It continues to disappoint you, and you will continue to be annoyed by their actions (this is a negative emotional state), secondly, what about the people who are excited about the piece? Collectors who are also huge fans of the actor and the character - those people haven't done anything wrong, and maybe come to the thread to share and enjoy the build up to getting the piece, but instead are met with a wall of negative posts.....being reminded, again and again that they're purchasing a flawed product, that the product doesn't meet certain peoples standards, etc......don't those collectors count?....

Sure, a forum is a shared community, but that means we have a responsibility to care about the type of environment we create, for ourselves and those around us.

I'll step away from this thread now, as someone already pointed out - in responding I'm guilty of doing the very thing I'm trying to avoid.....and if I state that I like the piece, and would buy it (after the changes), therefore having skin in the game, and an interest in keeping this thread positive - I'll no doubt be labelled a shill or fanboy.....again, negativity heaped on negativity......

If someone is making a multi-thousand dollar purchase and is so easily influenced and/or cares so deeply about what anyone else thinks, then they must have a pretty weak disposition.

And as you stated in your last paragraph, by you continuing to flog your perspective to death with people that clearly have a different point of view, you're only adding to the discourse.

Everyone conducts themselves different, and that's okay as long as you are not personally attacking someone. I think where you may have ruffled feathers is by literally labelling people as idiots and toxic for having a different approach/point of view than your own.

Last edited:
I personally think they got this a lot closer than people are giving them credit for.
JND-Updated Reeve2.JPG

I've got no skin in the game. There's no doubt the overall quality of the statue will be immaculate, I do feel the essence of Reeve was captured better before the change, although the new sculpt looks more like him. But I think they've gone completely wrong with the nose and mouth, they need major alterations and then I think the likeness would be improved.

Don't think I'd cancel, but I would be annoyed at the changes. But, as with any pre-order of a collectible, prototypes are always listed as not final, and that there may or will be changes.

Honestly I wouldn't be satisfied with this Reeve sculpt at 1/6 scale, let alone 1/3.

That's fine. I genuinely think this is probably in the high 80% to lower 90% range of accuracy in likeness. The next thing you'd have to ask yourself is do you like the overall statue enough for that to make up a couple of points. Do you own any JND statues, dave?

Their overall presence is a huge part of the statues sum. Arthur Fleck is probably similar to this Reeve statue in terms of likeness. You obviously can tell who they are, but you can if you want also criticise and dispute inaccuracies, but in the end they're not criminally far off - if you're a massive fan of Reeve and would like a really well put together statue I'd say take the chance in getting one, or if possible trying to see one in person when it's out.

I don't want to harp on about needing to see them in person, when that seems to be a justification all the time for JND statues, but you could be missing out on something that you'd actually be pretty happy with as a representation of one of your favourite characters.

I have a feeling this will be much like the Henry Cavill piece where it looked much better in the final production unboxing video vs the prototype video(s), and continue to look better as more in hand pics come in

Still waiting on your pictures ;)

My Superman should be coming next month to join Wonder Woman!

Still waiting on your pictures ;)

My Superman should be coming next month to join Wonder Woman!
I haven’t gotten around to it yet. Still in the process of selling off the excess bits of the collection. I’ve probably mentioned this before, but I’ve got around almost 100 more pieces I want to sell. Then, I will hopefully be ready to take this guy out of the box to display properly. Need to make room though as I would also like to track down platinum WW if I can find her.

I haven’t gotten around to it yet. Still in the process of selling off the excess bits of the collection. I’ve probably mentioned this before, but I’ve got around almost 100 more pieces I want to sell. Then, I will hopefully be ready to take this guy out of the box to display properly. Need to make room though as I would also like to track down platinum WW if I can find her.

Are they all Hot Toys or statues as well? Should be able to recoup a fair bit of money fingers crossed!

She might be hard to track down, hopefully you can find one!

You've taken it out and put it together to check that it's all okay, yeah?

If you haven't, I'd recommend you do. My first The Batman was a disaster, there were so many issues with it I had to take it back and swap it for another. The second one was perfect.

That's fine. I genuinely think this is probably in the high 80% to lower 90% range of accuracy in likeness. The next thing you'd have to ask yourself is do you like the overall statue enough for that to make up a couple of points. Do you own any JND statues, dave?

Their overall presence is a huge part of the statues sum. Arthur Fleck is probably similar to this Reeve statue in terms of likeness. You obviously can tell who they are, but you can if you want also criticise and dispute inaccuracies, but in the end they're not criminally far off - if you're a massive fan of Reeve and would like a really well put together statue I'd say take the chance in getting one, or if possible trying to see one in person when it's out.

I don't want to harp on about needing to see them in person, when that seems to be a justification all the time for JND statues, but you could be missing out on something that you'd actually be pretty happy with as a representation of one of your favourite characters.
I've only got Harley, and she does look incredible in hand, even with the likeness not being 100%. But this wasn't a character I cared a great deal about anyway, and the portrait is still absolutely gorgeous despite not being a dead ringer for Robbie.

The Reeve portrait would definitely be the most important thing for me with this statue though, given the simplicity of the outfit and the fact it's not even fabric. As there's just not much else to draw your eye.

Are they all Hot Toys or statues as well? Should be able to recoup a fair bit of money fingers crossed!

She might be hard to track down, hopefully you can find one!
All 1/6 scale figures, but not exclusive to just HT. A little bit from different companies, both official and 3rd party. Not selling any more statues at the moment as all my current statues are versions of Superman. I’ve already sold all my other non-Superman statues though.

As for WW, I’m not too bent on getting her. It’ll be cool If I can find her, but not going to stress over if I can't.

Looking forward to what you think of JL Sups when you get him though!
You've taken it out and put it together to check that it's all okay, yeah?

If you haven't, I'd recommend you do. My first The Batman was a disaster, there were so many issues with it I had to take it back and swap it for another. The second one was perfect.
Oh yes, as soon as it was delivered I opened it up to inspect for sure! I’ve seen/heard of ppl getting defects/breakages on some of their JND pieces so definitely wanted to make sure there was nothing wrong.

I’m glad you were able to get a replacement for your The Batman! I’ve heard that it can be a little difficult to get in contact with JND for replacements

Last edited:
Back