Kroenen Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbiethepainter

Super Freak
Reaction score
Here is my Hellboy Kroenen custom. I snagged one off Ebay a few weeks ago and as much as I liked it, looking at all the customs I knew it could be a lot more. I knew that I was going to rework it even before I committed to getting one.

First thing was replacing the body. I wasn't sure but I picked up the Obama TT body cheap and so I went with it. The whole thing is covered anyway. Its a little more built then the actor but I like it anyway. I had to cut the neck down on the head because it was a little bit giraffe. I originally had planned to build a new costume but when I got it on the body, I liked it. Its not perfect, but for the amount of work for a new one, I decided to stick with it. I may replace it in the future.

I removed all the plastic "leather" parts and replaced them with real leather that I painted and glossed. I reused the buckles but did some modifications by adding the pins. I was going to mold and cast the chest pieces but it didn't seem necessary after adding the leather parts. I also did some research and added some more of the harness details that were left out of the Sideshow straps.

The chest pieces have those great gear details but on the movie costume there are those two tiny windows that you can see through. So I filled them in with thick cyanoacrylate. It was really easy and worked well. His helmet was good but I removed the two buckles from the sides and used them on the leg straps. They were too big anyway. I then made my own clips and added a second strap. Its more movie accurate now. I need some little buckles which Ill add some time in the future.

Well that's about it. Hope you like it.

KROENEN1.jpg

KROENEN2.jpg

KROENEN3.jpg

KROENEN4.jpg

KROENEN5.jpg

KROENEN6.jpg

Looks really good man... particularly like the leather bits.

I'd suggest checking out some of the DiD (or something similar) leatherlike boots.

Real leather makes all the difference. Way to go. Only thing I'd suggest is switching out that bodysuit for a leather one if you can find one. Kato_E. might be able to help you out. Or maybe you can find one of Triad's.

Back