MEDICOM VADER HELMET SCALE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darthrazz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi, I might have a chance to purchase a Medicom ROTJ 3 piece helmet. Does anyone know how accurate to 1/6 scale this helmet might be? Can I fit a Hasbro crispy Vader head or ROTJ reveal head beneath it and still look like it's to scale? I'm planning on putting it on a custom 13" Vader body and I'm concerned that it will look too small on it.

I already own the TOMY mini vader helmet and it looks too small once it's palced on the body and the Vader heads don't really fit beneath the helmet. Is the Medicom one bigger than that one? I appreciate any input.

Thanks!
Ed

Its Small. Just like the head, feet, hands, and body. Small. (if you are wondering if a Sideshow sized head can fit inside, the answer is no. On the medi-Anakin head it is a very snug fit).

pixletwin said:
Its Small. Just like the head, feet, hands, and body. Small. (if you are wondering if a Sideshow sized head can fit inside, the answer is no. On the medi-Anakin head it is a very snug fit).

Thanks for the reply!

I've been trying to complete my custom vader FOREVER. Finding a decent 1/6 scale 3 piece helmet is proving beyond impossible and frustrating. I'm beginning to resign myself that I might have to scrap this project and just wait for sideshow to make a Vader.:confused:

Do a search on ebay for the Kaiyodo model kit. It's perfect. Here's my custom ROTS Vader using the helmet.
The dome is removable, but I had to use an x-acto to remove the face from the neck. The whole thing is held together by magnets I glued under the mask, under the dome, and inside the top of the head.

p9250014nl3.jpg

p9250015cf5.jpg

p9250020wm3.jpg

vaderunmasked1we4.jpg

Customikey said:
Do a search on ebay for the Kaiyodo model kit. It's perfect. Here's my custom ROTS Vader using the helmet.
The dome is removable, but I had to use an x-acto to remove the face from the neck. The whole thing is held together by magnets I glued under the mask, under the dome, and inside the top of the head.

p9250014nl3.jpg

p9250015cf5.jpg

p9250020wm3.jpg

vaderunmasked1we4.jpg

Wow! That looks great! I love the paint job on the Anakin head. Looks like Anakin's head fits in there perfectly! Thanks for the advice I picked one up on Ebay tonight! I'll keep ypu posted on my progress.

Custom mikeys totally right the kaiyodo /screamin vader kits the way to go, but not the cheap recasts (too small,bad quality)or, if your a glutton for punishment, this ROTS vader i made uses a kotobukiya ROTS vader statues helmet,dremelled out and internally detailed with details added to the 'forehead' area,neck brace was taken from a scremni/kaiyodo kit.
e5c14070.jpg

da7f9e68.jpg

Uh oh!!:eek: :eek:

I think that I bought a recast Kaiyodo Vader:monkey2

How bad is this really? I now have a $28 recast on it's way from Thailand. Are they so small that they are unusable? Can anything be salvaged from it? I only really want the face mask/helmet. I emailed the seller and he has been very quick with his responses, I asked about the quality and details and he said that they are very good, he has over 1800 positives. I guess that I'll have to take my chances and see what I get.

Darthrazz said:
Uh oh-!!:eek: :eek:

I think that I bought a recast Kaiyodo Vader:monkey2

How bad is this really? I now have a $28 recast on it's way from Thailand. Are they so small that they are unusable? Can anything be salvaged from it? I only really want the face mask/helmet. I emailed the seller and he has been very quick with his responses, I asked about the quality and details and he said that they are very good, he has over 1800 positives. I guess that I'll have to take my chances and see what I get.

Just want to update...

Well, I received my model kit from Asia. I must say that the details are fairly high and it looks really decent. It was advertised at 13" tall and it is. Everything is to scale, I can cut some parts up and use it for my custom Vader...Except the mask and neck brace which are too small-!! It really was what I was looking for when I purchased it and it's not to scale with the rest of the figure-!!

I guess that's what I get! I should have know the price was too good to be true! I didn't know it was a recast till it was too late!.

So essentially I'm back where I started from, no decent to scale Mask/Neckbrace and I'm out $28....Oh well...I'll use what I can from it. :monkey2

Lesson learned!

Last edited:
The Hasbro scarred ROTS Anakin head fits in just fine, but you are right that the Shaw sculpt from the ROTJ figure doesn't fit.

Customikey said:
The Hasbro scarred ROTS Anakin head fits in just fine, but you are right that the Shaw sculpt from the ROTJ figure doesn't fit.

Correct, the Shaw is too big for it. Would you say that on yours the ROTS head is a very tight fit? On mine it is very , very tight, I cut the Vinyl head into the Mask Neck Brace sections and used a hair dryer to heat up the vinyl.

You don't think that he hair dryer would cause it to shrink any do you?

If I put the ROTS head in the brace I can' seem to have the mask piece close all the way.:confused:

Take a look at my pics and tell me if yours is sitting in the neckpiece the same way mine is. I set it pretty low in there, and I glued the head in place once I found the sweet spot for keeping the neck and faceplate flush with the head inside.

I don't know about a hairdryer shrinking them. I used super-hot water.

hurricane said:
Custom mikeys totally right the kaiyodo /screamin vader kits the way to go, but not the cheap recasts (too small,bad quality)or, if your a glutton for punishment, this ROTS vader i made uses a kotobukiya ROTS vader statues helmet,dremelled out and internally detailed with details added to the 'forehead' area,neck brace was taken from a scremni/kaiyodo kit.
e5c14070.jpg

da7f9e68.jpg

Whenever I look at your Vaders Hurricane, it's always a good thing I am seated. I'd be weak-kneed! WOW! What a finish! That EpIII suited V is so dead on. WOW. Just too cool.
Love the face paint too. A later on version. Not fresh baked...

Back