Star Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi - 1/6th scale Darth Vader™ Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I read somewhere that they weren't using pleather for the outfit on this version.
Is that actually true, or was I dreaming? lol
That pleather is the only reason I don't have a Vader in my collection anymore.
I don’t think it’s been officially confirmed but having it in hand, the material does seem different than previous Vaders. It doesn’t feel like pleather. I have a feeling it’s the nylon material that HT mention in the specs of the recent Dark Empire Luke figure.

Here’s the rest of my Vader photos! First batches were here and here for anyone who missed them.

I’l say it again - the Anakin sculpt is crazy good!

DSC_0204.jpg

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0215B.jpg

DSC_0227cu.jpg

DSC_0227.jpg

DSC_0242cu.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

Last edited:
I think I read somewhere that they weren't using pleather for the outfit on this version.
Is that actually true, or was I dreaming? lol
That pleather is the only reason I don't have a Vader in my collection anymore.
nylon, same for ROTJ Vader and latest Dark Empire Luke. No more ****** deteriorating-prone pleather.

Was it just my copy or are the wrist pegs impossible to remove and replace on this figure?

They seem to be the same new style as Black Panther had (which I also broke); one of my Vader’s was looking ready to snap so I thought I had better replace it before getting a broken peg stuck in one of his gloves. But in trying to remove the peg from the arm, the forarm popped out of the elbow socket before the hand peg ever came out! And then the large end of the hand peg broke off on the arm!

I ended up having to strip Vader down to re-attach his arm, but not before resorting to a drill to burrow out the broken hand peg. What a mess!

View attachment 701147

Was an issue with the ESB Vader as well. I don't have him on display at the moment but changing hands for him is just a nightmare.

It is a pain in the ass with Vaders I'm going to assume.

Is the head of this figure still compatible with the neck joint on the Rogue One release? If I managed to get this helmet loose would I have any issues attaching it?

Nylon was not advertised for this release. It's probably pleather.
Might not of been advertised but doesn’t mean it wasn’t changed during production. Doesn’t say it for the ROTJ version either but again, doesn’t mean the production piece won’t have the nylon suit.

Having the figure in hand, it certainly doesn’t feel like pleather.

Is this costume what he also wore in Rogue one? I only watched the show once and just realized it looks pretty much spot on.

Received my figure on Monday but didn’t have a chance to unbox him until last night. Great sculpt but I was disappointed to find out that my light up base doesn’t work. I remember reading another post saying the same thing. Is this a common issue with this release?

Received my figure on Monday but didn’t have a chance to unbox him until last night. Great sculpt but I was disappointed to find out that my light up base doesn’t work. I remember reading another post saying the same thing. Is this a common issue with this release?
I remember this being a thing with Bespin Luke. Their usbc light up stuff is finicky… I had to try different cords and adapters to see what worked. (My Apple stuff didn’t work but my Xbox elite controller cord did.)

Last edited:
Yeah I thought mine was broken too because I had tried a half-dozen different USB-C cables and power sources around the house (Apple ones, Anker ones, PS5 ones, unlabeled ones). What finally worked were these short skinny charging cables that came bundled with some LED photography lights I had purchased. If Hot Toys are going to build electronics that are so particular about what cable is required - then they ought to include a damn cable.

IMG_3245.jpg

Back