Superman (July 11th, 2025)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol imagine if I’m the raimi Spider-Man films instead of saving mj and the kids on the bridge Peter just strangles the green goblin with his web

8pf6zy.gif

I enjoyed MOS but was there any reason though that the family, I don't know, couldn't walk out of the path of Zod's heat vision? They weren't really trapped in any sense.
LOL! Other than Snyder telling them to stay put, no.
This is what took many out of the scene, and made people focus on Superman having to many other imagined options.
Adding mass derby a column, etc, simultaneously falling around them (almost killing them if they went that way) visibly trapping them, may have helped sell it more. :huh

Last edited:
An absolutely impossible situation takes the choice out of Superman's hands.
They may have still died when he killed him. He made the hard choice and took the risk.
Given he was raised by a foster dad who inexplicably chose suicide by tornado I think Clark's making a panicked decision with Zod is only natural. :wink1:

8pf6zy.gif

LOL! Other than Snyder telling them to stay put, no.
This is what took many out of the scene, and made people focus on Superman having to many other imagined options.
Adding mass derby a column, etc, simultaneously falling around them (almost killing them if they went that way) visibly trapping them, may have helped sell it more. :huh
A huge red hot heat beam rising up from the floor on your right, less than a few feet away travelling roughly crawling height with 10 foot high rubble on your left and the source of the danger in front. A single adult I could see maybe successfully getting out of it, not a man, his wife and two young children.

Weirdly, this gets so much scrutiny when The Batman has waaay more of these types of scenarios that can be picked at but rarely are.

A huge red hot heat beam rising up from the floor on your right, less than a few feet away travelling roughly crawling height with 10 foot high rubble on your left and the source of the danger in front. A single adult I could see maybe successfully getting out of it, not a man, his wife and two young children.

Weirdly, this gets so much scrutiny when The Batman has waaay more of these types of scenarios that can be picked at but rarely are.
"Weirdly, this gets so much scrutiny "
The motive of killing? Or the staging of the scene?
Clearly it was problematic or people wouldn't be asking.
I enjoyed MOS but was there any reason though that the family, I don't know, couldn't walk out of the path of Zod's heat vision? They weren't really trapped in any sense.
:lol
As far as Superman killing where he has no choice to save lives, never had a problem with it, or the movie, and I thought the grief of having to do it, was well conveyed and powerful. Just suggesting how it could have been staged better. If you don't see that, then :huh

Last edited:
Not inexplicably.
No not inexplicably, but the explanation was lame. Clark can move at the speed of light - he could have grabbed Papa Costner, dropped him off somewhere safely out of sight and been back before anyone knew he was gone. And Superman would never let his father die like that regardless if people learned about his abilities or not. Plus they were on a highway and I don’t think it was established that any of the other people taking shelter were from Smallville and/or even knew them. There’s a reason that scene has spawned so many Costner memes & gifs.

No not inexplicably, but the explanation was lame. Clark can move at the speed of light - he could have grabbed Papa Costner, dropped him off somewhere safely out of sight and been back before anyone knew he was gone. And Superman would never let his father die like that regardless if people learned about his abilities or not. Plus they were on a highway and I don’t think it was established that any of the other people taking shelter were from Smallville and/or even knew them. There’s a reason that scene has spawned so many Costner memes & gifs.
We've no idea how fast he can move at 17 in MoS.
Let's say he can, Pa Kent would have been ripped apart by the sheer force put on him.
Plus, at least some people would have seen a teenage boy disappear, regardless of where they were from.
He wasn't Superman when he was 17.

Let's say he can, Pa Kent would have been ripped apart by the sheer force put on him.
Plus, at least some people would have seen a teenage boy disappear, regardless of where they were from.
He could push a sunken school bus out of river when he was @10 years old - I think it’s safe to assume he could have saved his father on the highway. And let’s not bring physics into a superhero movie discussion lol. But even if people saw him disappear, so what? It would have just been a fantastical story if they didn’t know who he was & the Kents didn’t stick around for the aftermath. I liked (& still like) MoS, but that choice for Jonathan’s death was for me a poor one. A heart attack (something Clark absolutely could not prevent) will always be the better call.

Which scenarios in ‘The Batman’ out of interest?

That's such an important and emotional scene, Idk why ppl have problem with it. It has a huge meaning.

I just hope this new movie gets as much scrutiny as the Snyder movies have, but I have a feeling it won't b/c it's James Gunn. I don't think Snyder is untouchable or that all his decisions were correct (I have my fair share of issues with his DC movies), but I can still watch and enjoy them infinitely more than any of Gunn's comicbook entries.

I'm sort of torn b/c Superman is my all time favorite hero. Part of me wants the movie to be bad so as to get Gunn out of there. The other part of me finally wants a Superman movie that has most of the elements I want to see on the screen. To put it simply, a mix between the bright and lighthearted Reeve along with the strength/power and physicality of Cavill. Saddly, it sounds as though that's what Cavill wanted as well in a sequel but never got the chance. I'm sort of tired of "we were going to do this and that in the sequel" when it comes to Superman. Same thing happened with Routh. The sequel was supposed to be everything we really wanted but never got. Ideally, this movie will hit the marks in the first outing without needing a sequel to flesh it out, regardless of my feelings towards Gunn and his style.

Back