Will trade painting for outfit. Dr Who

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knucklefunger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me out. I want to get the Ken doll Rhett Butler with black outfit for the Jon Pertwee Dr. Who.

I'm willing to trade painting services for the clothing.

Really need the jackets, inner & outer as well as shirt & pants.

Please pm me

Cheers
Joey (knucklefunger)

PS If you want to see my work
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69923
Or I can send you images of my other pieces via email

I'll warn you ahead of time, the sleeves on the jacket and shirt are very, very short. I had to replace the jacket with a Sideshow Reservoir Dogs one which works extremely well. Wish I knew how to add the frog ties to it though.

I had to do a lot of altering as well, You need to get the slim shoulders version true type in order for the clothes to fit. I had to add the frilled cuffs to elongate the arms.

I'll warn you ahead of time, the sleeves on the jacket and shirt are very, very short. I had to replace the jacket with a Sideshow Reservoir Dogs one which works extremely well. Wish I knew how to add the frog ties to it though.

Gotta love Google searches - That's how I learned to make frog closures (the first illustration on this website): https://perfectpatterns.tripod.com/frogs.html
I've used elastic cord (leftover from making bow ties), embroidery floss, and embroidery thread to make frog closures. Luckily I didn't have to make the ball buttons. For the red velvet smoking jacket I cut 1/4 inch bits of toothpick and painted them black. I tied black thread around them, then sewed them to the elastic cord. For the "Sea Devils" jacket, I glued a medallion from Crafts2Do onto the cord.

The frogging on the jacket sleeves make a great camouflage for any alterations to the sleeve length. Find a fabric match for the Mattel jacket. Knowing Mattel, it's probably a cheap thin cotton. Check the quilting section of a craft, fabric, or quilting store for a good match for color, weight, and feel. Add the extra length to the sleeves. Use the seam line as a guide to help keep the sleeve trim in an even straight line. Use the illustration for frog closures as a guide to make the loops on the sleeve to match the loops on the frog closures at the front of the jacket.

Scroll down for pictures of my 1:6 version of the Sea Devils outfit.

I wish I had the talent to sew the stuff up. Since the brain surgery my hands shake like Keith Richards in rehab. Forget sewing, I can't thread a needle.

I just need to get something for Pertwee. He's gonna look silly naked beside Tom Baker

I wish I had the talent to sew the stuff up. Since the brain surgery my hands shake like Keith Richards in rehab. Forget sewing, I can't thread a needle.

I just need to get something for Pertwee. He's gonna look silly naked beside Tom Baker
I just sent you a PM. We can't have a naked dandy.

Sorry about the hand situation. I didn't know. Hopefully the tips can help out other folks.

Vikkitx
Don't be sorry, it life. I'm just glad to not be in the wheelchair, using a walker or cane any more (although the cane did look kinda cool). Learning to walk was humbling. Painting kinda became part of my rehab.

Gonna check the pms right away

Also, thanks pixletwin

Please tell me you at LEAST had a wolf's head cane top, flames on the side of the cane, or at the very least a sword hidden inside it. You can't let opportunities like that (even bad ones) go to waste! :monkey5

I had a pooche aluminum one. Wanted a shlele, but couldn't find one. Thought I'd incorporate it into meeting women, I use the head scars & dent in the scull.

"look, I think you made an impression" point to divit
"now I don't think I can get you out of my head"

Worked very well with some wonderful nurses

Wanna see my shelele?

Seriously, I did want to get a repro of the Dracula cane or something with Cthulhu on top.

Sadly, pooche aluminum. Looked like seniors day. Did have a Dora the Explorer bell on my walker though

Anyway,back to the Doc.

Found in my bin, James Bond black tux pants, now Pertwee wont be exposing his sonic screwdriver. As well as shoes & socks.

Tux shirt then add frills from a Clockwork man.

Was going to core the Baker necks but it's nearly 9:30 here & freezing cold. Hopefully tomorrow.

Vikki, I cannot thank you enough.

Hey, if you need a frilly shirt, I have one from the Sideshow Angelus figure that I was going to use for my Pertwee before I ended up going with the Rhett Butler outfit. It's even got the frills on the cuffs. If you want it, just let me know.

Oh hell, nice. TOM. Will send a pm
This is finally starting to come together.
Now what to do for the inner jacket.

Vikki, I cannot thank you enough.
Joey: I tried to send you a PM, but your box is full.

I finally got to the Post Office, so the package is in the mail to you. Lemme know how you like the Pertwee cape. I'm looking forward to seeing the heads I sent after you get a chance to paint them

Sorry about the mailbox. Been nuts. In a good way. I'm pretty damn sure I'll love it.

As for the heads, I've never had this much fun painting in a long time. Helps to be passionate about the subject. Watching the episodes while painting for inspiration.

I look forward to doing yours up & seeing how they look on your figs with the amazingly accurate tailoring.

Back