How do you feel the likeness is on the Boromir 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How close do you think the Boromir 12" is?

• Exact

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Pretty Close

Votes: 57 52.8%
  • Needs more work

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • Really not even close

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
To me, he looks a bit like Theoden. The Alec Trevelyan version of Sean Bean was better. That's the impression I have after seeing this preview pic of Boromir.

Wor-Gar said:
Pretty close. Beards and eyebrows are always tricky -- especially with heavy paint.

His beard is a little thicker than what it actually was. Overall though man its just amazing!

It's an OK sculpt but it could use some more work, specially the nose and cheekbone area. Hopefully the paint job on the production piece will be better as well. In my opinion, based on the preview picture, Boromir is the weakest figure of the three so far.

Also remember that you're looking at a picture of the sculpt that is three times the size of the real thing.

As always with these previews, when we get the real pictures I'm sure we'll all be happy...

Sculpturally, I think the face/likeness is very VERY good. Minor detractors would be the heavy eyebrows and beard. Lighter paint application there would probably help it immeasurably.

Little furry, little pudgy and more like Qui Gon to me. It looks pretty good though.

Alice Adrenochrome said:
To me, he looks a bit like Theoden.

I thought the same thing when I first saw the pic. but I think I got that impression because his hair and beard seem to have a whole lotta blonde hightlights.

Overall I think it looks like a pretty good likeness in the end.

The pic does make his face look a little red, which makes the beard and eyebrows stand out a bit too much. But I think Oluf did an excellent job on him. If you're happy with the SS/W Boromir statue likeness, I think you'll be happy with this figure.

Instead of making him look a bit tired and rugged (as in the screen shots from the movie) I think they just plain made him look too old. I think its around the eyes that kill it for me.

I think it looks rather bad. Looks like a Hasbro type SW sculpt... it doe not look polished and the beard and eyebrows look pretty shoddy.
I was looking forward to this one, Boromir is one of my favourites, but this sculpt it pretty bad.

I really like it. His beard and eyebrows are painted a bit heavily, but hopefully that will be looked at during production. I think the sculpt is great, though. They got his eyes just right.

IMO it looks really close. The beard could use some trimming and maybe even use light brown as a color. other than that, this figure will be part of my 12" collection. :chew

Totally agree with others that the paint is a bit off. The goatee and eyebrows are too dark and heavily painted. The skin tone also is a bit too red. Looks decent, though I have to say it's the weakest of the 3 LOTR 12" so far. The 006 Sean Bean looks more like him. I'll wait to see the unpainted sculpt on the prod blog before I make up my mind.

Wetanut said:
Sculpturally, I think the face/likeness is very VERY good. Minor detractors would be the heavy eyebrows and beard. Lighter paint application there would probably help it immeasurably.

Same here, but I think a more darker red beard/hair. Those photos show how close the likness is.

Back