Terminator Franchise Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok everybody, just wanted to give you one last update on my head sculpt before slinking away to the customs section... just so you guys can see it doesn't suck as much as it did before... not asking for advice or anything... here goes...

FILE0135.jpg

ps once again the image is distorted horizontally. It looks great on my computer, but is too thin on my iPhone... My screen is 1024 x 768 from Dell... So I don't know if it will look good on anyone else's screen anywhere... Next time I'll put a white square in the background so you know that if the square isn't a perfect square, than the pic is distorted...

Last edited:
You need to work on the brow line first. The eyelids just don't look natural at all without it. Once that is done, it should start to take shape.

Ooops, wrong thread... that's what happens when you have too many pages open!

Nice paint job on the face, really captures that rubbery look even Schwarzenegger had in those final moments. I'm guessing they added makeup to him to make him match the robot more to make it as seamless as possible when it's him or when it's robot.

xenoviper, that is simply top notch work. well done!

and dude person, i can see some clear improvements in your headsculpt. good going, keep at it! :)

and dude person, i can see some clear improvements in your headsculpt. good going, keep at it! :)

Thanks. I have modified the scupt a lot since the last pics were taken. I plan to make a mold of it tomorrow, even though it is not perfect yet. I'm thinking of just going back and redoing the sculpt from scratch in a few months after some more sculpting experience. It's possible that the head will be molded, cast, and painted by the end of next week, then all you guys can see how Arnold-like he really looks when he isn't completely blue (hopefully he'll look more like him when he's painted, but anything is possible)...

P.S. My scuplt bows down to xenoviper in shame :bow
... He should just hurry up and put HT out of business!

Awesome custom Arnold Termintor xenoviper! How did you get the light-up endoskeleton eye to work? Very cool effect. The head sculpt looks like one from a Sideshow Premium Format statue! High quality work for sure! :D

Thanks. I have modified the scupt a lot since the last pics were taken. I plan to make a mold of it tomorrow, even though it is not perfect yet. I'm thinking of just going back and redoing the sculpt from scratch in a few months after some more sculpting experience. It's possible that the head will be molded, cast, and painted by the end of next week, then all you guys can see how Arnold-like he really looks when he isn't completely blue (hopefully he'll look more like him when he's painted, but anything is possible)...

P.S. My scuplt bows down to xenoviper in shame :bow
... He should just hurry up and put HT out of business!

i'd advise u not to rush into the next stage. even experts like xenoviper will have taken lots of time to refine and perfect the sculpt first, before proceeding to making moulds and painting.

it is indeed very exciting to see your creation come closer and closer to what u'd envisioned, but don't let that enthusiasm get in the way of the chance to take it to a higher level.

u'd be surprised at how good the results can be if u don't "settle" and keep pushing yourself...

Here's an update on my T1 Technoir Arnie. I had left this project behind and decided to pick it up yesterday. I just repainted the head. The first time I wasn't too happy with the skin tone. I think it looks a bit better. I need to work on the t-shirt, the inside of the jacket's neck collar, beads on the hand gloves and then I'll be finished. This should for now until we get a Hot Toys version.
DSC01968.jpg

DSC01964.jpg

Last edited:
i'd advise u not to rush into the next stage. even experts like xenoviper will have taken lots of time to refine and perfect the sculpt first, before proceeding to making moulds and painting.

it is indeed very exciting to see your creation come closer and closer to what u'd envisioned, but don't let that enthusiasm get in the way of the chance to take it to a higher level.

u'd be surprised at how good the results can be if u don't "settle" and keep pushing yourself...

See, my problem is that I am pretty sure I have pushed myself as far as I can with my current level of skill and experience. Every time I modify the sculpt, I run the risk of messing it up worse, and right now I think it's pretty good for Arnie Sculpt version 1.0... If I tried to improve it, I could end up making it worse, and it could take weeks or even months for it to return to half its former glory... So at this point I may need to start over from scratch again to get anything better than what it is right now. I don't know if you saw those first pictures of the sculpt way back before everyone made so much fun of them that I deleted them, but if you did you know how far it has come. I almost decided to mold it and cast it then, and that would have been terrible... at least now I have something decent. This clay that I use can be molded, then removed from the mold with relatively little damage to the sculpt and then re-used, so I may mold it to ensure I can keep the progress I have made, but then I could continue to try and improve the original clay sculpt without losing what I have made already. That way, if the sculpt ends up looking like a drunken zebra had a baby with Jackie Chan after I try to improve it, it won't matter because I'll still be able to make casts of it back when it was decent. And if after molding I can improve it without it having to be completely resculpted, then I can mold it again and throw in cut up bits of the first mold to use as filler in the second mold (done that before actually, works pretty well). So all in all, molding is not necessarily the final step for the sculpt, but it can be if I decide I want it to be later. So it's not so much settling as it is insuring I won't lose what I have already. Thanks for the advice anyway though!

Ok. I just finished the inside of the jacket's collar (used black electrical tape :D), painted the inside of the lower eyelid for the left eye which seemed bigger than the right one and readjusted the chains on his his left arm.

DSC01969.jpg

DSC01971.jpg

Ok. I just finished the inside of the jacket's collar (used black electrical tape :D), painted the inside of the lower eyelid for the left eye which seemed bigger than the right one and readjusted the chains on his his left arm.

DSC01969.jpg

DSC01971.jpg

:horror Nice job...

Back