any uk freaks got Obi Wan 12" yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onix36div

Super Freak
Reaction score
I pre ordered my obi wan 12" in june and obviously have been waiting due to the delayed shipping times but i have noticed in a few threads alot of people have him in hand and posing him in pics.

Has any one who ordered from forbidden planet UK got theres yet?

Thanks

WAITING SUCKS !!!:monkey2

I got 2 e-mails on the 1st & 2nd of this month from sideshow, estimating an e.t.a for both Obi & Han - "We would like to inform you that this piece is estimated to arrive at our European Warehouse in 20-25 days. Sideshow Collectibles will be authorizing your credit card on file for this item upon its arrival;".
I know Sideshow aren't the biggest 1/6th figure manufacturer in the world, but why oh why does it take so damn long for US to get our figures, I mean we don't exactly live in a galaxy far far away.
If there is a substantial delay on these figures i will never pre order from sideshow again, i've found a place on e-bay based in the u.k who get their SS Star wars weeks before we do ( they had jedi luke instock 4 weeks before i got mine - for less money).
When this kind of thing happens it begs the question - why pre order ?

Last edited:
Ordered mine from Forbidden Planet too...should be here by late October/Early November....I hope!!

Don't feel too bad. I'm in the US (live actually about 10 miles from the SS warehouse) and I still haven't gotten him yet.

I just received word that HAN SOLO, MACE WINDU and OBI-WAN have arrived at the EU warehouse, and we're going to be charged for them in the next 3 days! So I expect them to be shipped in the next 2 weeks. Early October, it will be.
lawtonn22 said:
WAITING SUCKS !!!:monkey2...I know Sideshow aren't the biggest 1/6th figure manufacturer in the world, but why oh why does it take so damn long for US to get our figures, I mean we don't exactly live in a galaxy far far away.
I often asked me that question as well. Why does it take so long? It's the hydrospans. A very bad person at SSC hides them, and when the technicians need them to fix the hyperdrive, it takes weeks until they find them...

lawtonn22 said:
If there is a substantial delay on these figures i will never pre order from sideshow again, i've found a place on e-bay based in the u.k who get their SS Star wars weeks before we do ( they had jedi luke instock 4 weeks before i got mine - for less money).
When this kind of thing happens it begs the question - why pre order ?
They don't have any exclusive versions of the SSC 12-inch figures, do they? Because that is the main reason for me to order from SSC in direct: I only want the exclusive versions. Each ordered 12-inch from SSC costs nearly $100 (VAT and shipping included), so if there were a cheaper way... A (permanent) combined shipment option would be a fantastic way to reduce the cost. If only it were possible to 'stack' the delivery of orders, let's say for up to 4 items...
An other possibility would be a collectors program, where you're guaranteed the exclusive 12" version of the lines you collect, and that these items get shipped out on a regular bases; like 4 times a year or so. This collectors program could include a couple of jokers, so if there's a figure you really don't want, you can pull a joker. Suggestions and ideas welcome!

Edit: it's not really important, but I'm not from the UK. I'm a EU freak. EU for Europe. From what I read here on the board, all Europe freaks get their items more or less at the same time.

Last edited:
I've got Han Solo on order from Forbidden Planet and I hope he arrives soon as I want another figure to display with Luke. The only major issue I have with Sideshow since I started collecting their stuff is the length of time between US and Europe getting their figures. I think in future I'll only order direct from them if a figure has an exclusive I really want or something like a PF that has a Flex Pay option.

bcm77 said:
I've got Han Solo on order from Forbidden Planet and I hope he arrives soon as I want another figure to display with Luke. The only major issue I have with Sideshow since I started collecting their stuff is the length of time between US and Europe getting their figures. I think in future I'll only order direct from them if a figure has an exclusive I really want or something like a PF that has a Flex Pay option.

Yes, the delay between the US and the EU is annoying, so I think your plan is a good plan. I'd do it too, but unfortunately I want ALL the exclusives, no matter what.

In the meantime, no news here. No CC charge, no tracking info... Just the certainty that I'll receive Han, Mace and Obi-wan as one parcel. I love combined shipping! Should be a standard option IMO, especially for those that pay higher shipping fees.

Got my Han today along with Mace and Sith Anakin from Forbidden Planet...Obi should hopefully arrive later this month

To start of with a happy note: just received the 14-days notice for Qui-Gon.

Great that you've got your figures, Jedi80! Very good for you! Looks like ordering straight from SSC really doesn't pay off, when it comes to delivery at times! I wonder how it's possible that retailers can deliver the figures to their customers sooner, than SSC does to their customers... Do you think that's o.k. Sideshow?

Got them all....from a certain auction site (tho one went missing ands floating around the Parcelfarce worldwide alternative reality):confused:

My Han arrived yesterday from Forbidden Planet. So far I've managed to rip part of the box when opening the figure,lose one of the plastic bits off the stand and break the leg strap on the gunbelt whilst trying (unsuccesfully) to put it on the figure. Anyone know whether I should contact Forbidden Planet about getting a replacement gunbelt from Sideshow or would it be quicker to contact Sidshow's customer service directly?

Alice Adrenochrome said:
Yes, the delay between the US and the EU is annoying, so I think your plan is a good plan. I'd do it too, but unfortunately I want ALL the exclusives, no matter what.

In the meantime, no news here. No CC charge, no tracking info... Just the certainty that I'll receive Han, Mace and Obi-wan as one parcel. I love combined shipping! Should be a standard option IMO, especially for those that pay higher shipping fees.

Im waiting on Han, Mace and Obi-Wan from Sideshow too. I got the 'charging cards in 3 days' notice early last week too, but as yet nothings changed on my sideshow account page.

Alice, if you dont mind me asking, How do you know that you'll get all three figures in one parcel? Did you call Sideshow and ask for that specificly? or will all UK/EU freaks who have these 3 figures on order be getting them as one package?

Btw : The Sisters rule. I wish Eldritch would make a new record.

Vaderx said:
Im waiting on Han, Mace and Obi-Wan from Sideshow too. I got the 'charging cards in 3 days' notice early last week too, but as yet nothings changed on my sideshow account page.

Alice, if you dont mind me asking, How do you know that you'll get all three figures in one parcel? Did you call Sideshow and ask for that specificly? or will all UK/EU freaks who have these 3 figures on order be getting them as one package?

Btw : The Sisters rule. I wish Eldritch would make a new record.
Vaderx! Nice that you deciphered my nick! Most just remark that its a girls name... Yes indeed, the Sisters rule! I haven't given up hope for a new record. Meanwhile I stick with the older stuff, which I still love.

I asked Cindy @ Sideshow for a combined shipment. Whenever I have the chance to do so, I ask for it. I order quite a lot from Sideshow. $29 for the shipping of one 12-inch is murder. Especially if you know that shipping three 12"'s as one parcel is only $3 more!!! Plus the tax of course.
Whenever you get multiple 20-days notices in a time frame of about two weeks, you should ask for combined shipping. Saves you quite some money. I truly hope that SSC will come up with a permanent combined shipping option one day.

It's been almost a week since FP delivered Han, Mace and Obi to their UK customers... EU people that ordered straight from SSC are still waiting... There's even no tracking info yet.

Last edited:
bcm77 said:
My Han arrived yesterday from Forbidden Planet. So far I've managed to rip part of the box when opening the figure,lose one of the plastic bits off the stand and break the leg strap on the gunbelt whilst trying (unsuccesfully) to put it on the figure. Anyone know whether I should contact Forbidden Planet about getting a replacement gunbelt from Sideshow or would it be quicker to contact Sidshow's customer service directly?

Same thing happened to my Forbidden Planet Han. Fixed it with a tiny amount of superglue. Now i just have to wait for my Sideshow exclusives from the EU warehouse, while my son basks in the glory of having received Mace, Obi and Han from Forbidden Planet.:confused:

Back