The Blu-Ray Upcoming, News & Info Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How come U.S. never gets the Steelbook versions? I mean I'm glad the rest of the world gets something cool for once, but it is really odd.

There's been a few released, but I don't think they've caught on over here like around the world. Disney has been putting quite a few releases in Steelbook so it would be nice for them to continue the trend so others will follow suit.

How come U.S. never gets the Steelbook versions? I mean I'm glad the rest of the world gets something cool for once, but it is really odd.

Probably because most are Best Buy exclusive cases and people probably don't shop there. Amazon all the way for me.

Warner Home Video has confirmed that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 will receive its Blu-ray debut on November 11th, 2011 (a special Friday release).

The epic finale to the Harry Potter film franchise, which stars Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint and Emma Watson, will be available in a Blu-ray/DVD/digital copy combo pack with UltraViolet compatibility. No details were given however on a Blu-ray 3D release of the film.

November 11th will also see the release of a box set containing all eight Potter films. Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection will hit retail with a SRP of $139.99. Expect a more in-depth detailing of this set when an official announcement is given.

With the good news that Deathly Hallows: Part 2 and the franchise set will be available for the entire holiday shopping season comes one unexpected drawback: Warner Bros. will put a moratorium on all DVDs and Blu-rays of the eight Potter films beginning December 29th. The studio announced that new shipments will cease on this date and the films will remain vaulted for an undisclosed amount of time. Needless to say, it will be interesting to see how long Warner Bros. will stick to this commitment (especially since Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2 will soon be due for Ultimate Edition treatment).

In celebration of the November releases, Warner will host a three-day event at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal Orlando Resort. From November 11th through the 13th, cast and crew members from the movies will be in attendance to mark the close of the highest grossing film franchise in cinematic history.

The Blu-ray for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 will sport DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1. LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 will also be available in demo form on the disc for PS3 owners. Special features will include:
Maximum Movie Mode: Blowing Up Hogwarts- Hosted by Matthew Long (Neville Longbottom): Includes 9 Featurettes
A Conversation with J.K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe
The Goblins of Gringotts
The Women of Harry Potter
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London
Pottermore Preview
Deleted Scenes

Pre-orders for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 should be up on Amazon soon. Expect an update if details on the Blu-ray 3D release of the film arise.

The WB Shop has detailed their Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 exclusives, each of which contains a unique offering of collectibles. Their headlining exclusive is a collectible slipcase edition that features a 48-page photo album. For those who would like The Deathly Hallows: Part 1 and Part 2 in one complete edition, the shop is offering both parts in a collectible Gringotts Bank Box case. Check the photos below. All of these special edition sets can be pre-ordered at the WBShop.

26346_large.jpg

1389_tn.jpg

1390_tn.jpg

1391_tn.jpg

1392_tn.jpg

Warner Bros. has unveiled their first attempt at bringing all eight Harry Potter films into one set for the U.S. market with the release of Harry Potter: The Complete 8-Film Collection.

This set will include all eight Potter films spread across eight Blu-ray discs. No additional discs for special features or DVD/digital copies will be included.

The franchise collection will hit stores alongside Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 on November 11th with a SRP of $139.99. Expect pre-orders to go up on Amazon soon.

1388_tn.jpg

I just pre-ordered the region free UK Harry Potter 8-film set for all of $47US shipped :)

[ame="https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00543RC0Y?t=sdfp-21&tag=bluraycom-21#lbhuc_916782"]Harry Potter - The Complete 8-Film Collection Blu-ray 2011 Region Free: Amazon.co.uk: Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Ralph Fiennes, Helena Bonham Carter, David Yates: Film & TV[/ame]

Probably because most are Best Buy exclusive cases and people probably don't shop there. Amazon all the way for me.

I think Wal Mart and Target have had more steelbooks than Best Buy has released. I really think they need to be advertised better because most people don't even know about a Steelbook until after their all gone. The Resdient Evil steelbooks were in Wal Mart for months, and I don't ever remember any notices about them besides a couple of forums confirming their existence in stores.

Last edited:
Back