Custom HT Pred 2 Elder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm not used to seeing a HT Elder that isn't all scrawny. kinda wigging me out. you better post some bigger pics.

very long neck
Head not attached yet bud, that will be last. At the moment it is balanced on, and needs to come down a bit.
You guys are so impatient! I do have a day job!
Dizzy

post some bigger pics
Will see what I can do when all is finished. I have to take the original pictures and edit with windows paint to re-size. Maybe I can borrow a friends camera for the final shot.
Then my problem is what project to start on next. Pred 2, or a Hot Toys version of one of Narin's sculpts (was thinking maybe the Axerator, or Hunt for Hunt predator).
Dizzy

Getting closer to the finish line, and with my new phone I have got some pictures without a nasty flash spoiling the colours!
And yes, that is a Tron stand... the idea is to change the top bit with the Tron stuff and have an uplighting stand. I was thinking orange perpex.
Dizzy

Pretty much finished now, only a few bone trophies to add.
I darkened the dreads a bit too, and finished the bag with the ribcage.
All in all a very enjoyable little project.
Please note the broach on the chest armour strap... made by my son Adam.
Next... Pred 2 himself! May have to do a severed King Willy head to go with it... anyone have ideas for a basic head to work on for that?
Dizzy

Great work on your Elder custom. It amazing what you done with it. So the torso, upper arms and upper legs are unaltered then? I ask, because he doesn't look as massive as the Super Predators now. I may try to customize my current Preds with the Shadow and Classic bodies.

Thamks guys.
Yes the torso, upper arms and upper legs are relatively unaltered (a bit of filler and some trick painting to disguise the Tracker detailing) and although it doesnt look as massive as the Suoer predators I think it is because the old predator heads are so big. It is funny when you look back and see how far Hot Toys have come in the last few years.
Dizzy

Thamks guys.
Yes the torso, upper arms and upper legs are relatively unaltered (a bit of filler and some trick painting to disguise the Tracker detailing) and although it doesnt look as massive as the Suoer predators I think it is because the old predator heads are so big. It is funny when you look back and see how far Hot Toys have come in the last few years.
Dizzy

When I look at my older Predator bodies they do look kinda cheap in comparison to the new bodies. Even P1 and the Guardians bodies were an improvement to the original bodies, but the Super Preds and the new Classic/Shadow body are a nice leap in development.

@Dizzyarse, Amazing job mate, What do you use to model parts ? is it just standard modeling putty ?

Cheers Buddy.

What do you use to model parts
I use sculpey, preferably the Premo as it is so soft to use. Then I re-cast using Alumilite for the plastic parts.
Filling in gaps I use Milliput, and if I find a toy of my sons' which has exactly what I need, it gets canibalised!
Now for Pred 2... just starting the thread tonight!
Dizzy

super job mate. I made my elder using the 1/4 scale neca figure, bigger parts to work with ... lol

1/4 scale is too big for my little house... every now and then my population of 1/6 scalers gets too big and I have to downsize using eBay!
Dizzy

Back