AH! Tomb Raider: Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AH! Lara Croft: Tomb Raider Premium Format

In one case in particular, I was told the face too closely resembled Adam's design (and the actress he had based the face on) and was steered in another direction.

I guess this means we won't be getting an Audrey Hepburn Catwoman. :monkey2

BTW, excellent work on this Lara, Tim.

I wonder if there will be any cancellations on this one.

I wonder if there will be any cancellations on this one.

Should be some, only just went to waitlist. Unless you really want that print, could just get the regular. Regular es 1500, no hurry.

Should be some, only just went to waitlist. Unless you really want that print, could just get the regular. Regular es 1500, no hurry.

exactly i will be getting this for sure because it looks awesome but in no hurry at all, will take my time to find a good deal on ebay. With the ex only has a print, it makes no difference to me if i get an ex or reg, and with such high es it just means below retail prices on ebay eventually :)

exactly i will be getting this for sure because it looks awesome but in no hurry at all, will take my time to find a good deal on ebay. With the ex only has a print, it makes no difference to me if i get an ex or reg, and with such high es it just means below retail prices on ebay eventually :)

I wonder though, are statues like video games?

Like if you buy it from Sideshow would Tim get a commission? but if you buy it from ebay he wouldn't?

I think she looks great and I think Tim did a great job on this!

I think she looks great and I think Tim did a great job on this!

I agree. I think she looks perfect.

I like when they look like the video game characters more so than any actor or model that portrays them. Unless it's Karima, she was my favorite Lara model.

it's an AH! print. anything AH! is in high demand

I am not on flexpay for this. Wondering if anyone has a ship date? It's my bday pressie this year and I wonder how long after my big day it will finally arrive.

it's an AH! print. anything AH! is in high demand

shrug maybe for some but it means nothing to me personally. Never cared for print as exclusives it's an easy way out for sideshow instead of spending time and design an real exclusive, i hate it.

So if the statue is exactly the same, it doesnt matter to me if it's exclusive or regular, whatever has the lower price is the way to go.

shrug maybe for some but it means nothing to me personally. Never cared for print as exclusives it's an easy way out for sideshow instead of spending time and design an real exclusive, i hate it.

So if the statue is exactly the same, it doesnt matter to me if it's exclusive or regular, whatever has the lower price is the way to go.

considering a real AH! peice would cost a person upwards of $3K. and that's for a basic commission. getting a print is the only way to get any of his artwork for most people

if hughes ever sold the original art used for this print, I can guarantee you it would hit $7 or 8K

if hughes ever sold the original art used for this print, I can guarantee you it would hit $7 or 8K

yes just the minor different of actual art vs print. I bet if the original mona lisa was sold it will cost a bit more than the prints too. :wink1:

I didnt care before but im starting to like prints. I think the key is finding a way to enjoy them. Im thinking of investing in a art portfolio book and just putting them all in there so I can flip through them.

I didnt care before but im starting to like prints. I think the key is finding a way to enjoy them. Im thinking of investing in a art portfolio book and just putting them all in there so I can flip through them.

That is a really great idea. My prints are always left in the envelope. I bet that's not very healthy for them. For me personally the book would sit on the shelf and only be looked at once in a blue moon.

We are however getting a house soon so I will have more room. I hope to be able to hang the prints up.

I think I'm getting them all framed eventually

That is a really great idea. My prints are always left in the envelope. I bet that's not very healthy for them. For me personally the book would sit on the shelf and only be looked at once in a blue moon.

We are however getting a house soon so I will have more room. I hope to be able to hang the prints up.

I think I'm getting them all framed eventually

I keep telling myself that too but my wall art is becoming an expensive collection of original art. Limited space and all, Im guessing I have at least over ten prints now.

I need a bigger house. I have so many prints now from artists (and more coming) that I have 0 space. Some are in tubes and some are leaning against the walls in frames. Come on JULY! I want to move already.

I have a wall empty close to the x men statues. I have an idea for it

:gah:
You're one of the collectors here that I know has got to have a fantastic collection, but you only have a couple scattered blurry cell phone pics.
Get a camera, make a Show Your Shelves thread already! :monkey3

Back