Lighting Options for a Besta

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll check at my local costco, I'm curious as to how they look like. I hope they are not store specific. Thanks for the info.

You don't like them anymore bro?

Na I love them. I was thinking about getting some track lighting for the room and since these keep going out of stock on Costco's website, I figured a fellow freak could enjoy them. But the track lighting idea is scrapped now. I actually picked up another set of the lightmates as I made an interesting discovery at Costco today...

Last edited:
So I went to my local Costco today and look at what is in available in stores now! I notice there is an upgrade with these. It does not have a primitive remote like before. This updated remote comes with a timer and dimmer function :rock On top of that, it's not $68.99 like it used to be on Costco's website, its $28.99! :panic:

IMG01698-20120717-1727.jpg

IMG01699-20120717-1727.jpg

I also took a picture of the wireless strip ones that I think ninth was mentioning in case anyone was interested. It doesn't come with a remote but it is motion sensored. I was thinking about how cool it would be to have guests over and by the wave of your hand, have your collection light up to show off to everyone :lol I personally found them too bulky; had they been thinner I would have gave it a try.

IMG01696-20120717-1727.jpg

IMG01697-20120717-1727.jpg

The new remote is neat. Can the old pucks be synced to the new remote?

The new remote is neat. Can the old pucks be synced to the new remote?

Unfortunately, I have not got them to sync.

I have the puck lights with the remote and I've notice that the batteries don't last very long. I barely turn them on. I'm thinking about switching to the IKEA strips but I love that fact of having the remote.

BTW I think these are the strips that ninth:
https://www.habindustries.com/product.php?productsID=44&categoryID=173

Those are awesome! I wonder how big they are?

man,thanks to king's tip i went to Costco and grabbed 2 sets.synced them to one remote and they look epic. going to grab more of them as soon as I can.

the box says you can sync up to 24 lights to one remote.so that's pretty good

But old pucks synced to the new remote? I think the guy above is having trouble doing that.

Yes. To synch the pucks to a remote you put 2 out of 3 of the batteries in the puck. Push down on the puck light as you put in the third battery. The puck light will begin flashing for about 10 sec. Press and hold both the on and off buttons on the remote at the same time and the puck will stop flashing. it should now be synched to that remote. Rinse and repeat for up to 20 remotes.

Edit: This is the procedure I followed for pucks with the older style remote that just has an on/off toggle switch. Worth a try to see if older pucks can be synched to the new style remote.

Yes. To synch the pucks to a remote you put 2 out of 3 of the batteries in the puck. Push down on the puck light as you put in the third battery. The puck light will begin flashing for about 10 sec. Press and hold both the on and off buttons on the remote at the same time and the puck will stop flashing. it should now be synched to that remote. Rinse and repeat for up to 20 remotes.

Edit: This is the procedure I followed for pucks with the older style remote that just has an on/off toggle switch. Worth a try to see if older pucks can be synched to the new style remote.

I'm glad I found this.. I just added 6 pucks I purchased from Ebay to the 6 I already had and could not figure out how to sync them. This worked like a charm. Thanks

So what's the decision? Puck lights or LED strips from Barlighting.com? I have no clue where to get puck lights in Australia.

Back